What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 v tigers pre game discussion

crocodile

Bench
Well he sees it as a sin.
Sinning is evil.
I’m sure he hates evil things.
I don't know since I'm not a believer and I'm not IF. Purely from observation I doubt that he hates sin or sinners. He tries to avoid sin and convert sinners but hate not.

How bloody good was that eh. Props to Taka. What a great effort. I have written him off as a dud many times but today he was sensational The Player I always knew he could be but rarely is.
I have spent the arvo with my Tiger supporting brother, drinking many excellent craft beers and watching the game. We had a rumble and my glasses (reading) are now mangled and f**ked. Well worth it for the win.
Time to fire up the bbq and cook some 700+g ribeyes and let the good times flow.. While I rub it right in to that merkin. Whoooohhooooooooo!

84 Baby

Referee
I figure we’ll need 5 from 8 from here to play finals. 4 from 8 might too depending on for/against

Suitman

Post Whore
Moses kicking game was on tonight. As was Reeds. Kick chase still ordinary though

Couldn't agree more. I said weeks ago that Moses needs to mix his kicking game up between a singularly high kicking game and a long and low kicking game. Tonight he did both.
I even liked the short kicking game towards the touch line. It kept the Tigers deep in their half at stages.
Also agree on our chase. It was poor, but the game was played at pace, so maybe the lads were conserving their energy. I'm not sure, but we certainly could have kick/chased better.

84 Baby

Referee
I think next game will go long way to whether we play finals. Manly are probably the best performing-to-relative-skill side ATM

84 Baby

Referee
Couldn't agree more. I said weeks ago that Moses needs to mix his kicking game up between a singularly high kicking game and a long and low kicking game. Tonight he did both.
I even liked the short kicking game towards the touch line. It kept the Tigers deep in their half at stages.
Also agree on our chase. It was poor, but the game was played at pace, so maybe the lads were conserving their energy. I'm not sure, but we certainly could have kick/chased better.
Well the kick chase wasn’t as awful as say the Dragons game but it’s not good enough to win a premiership. Especially off the back of some good kicks, we could have easily ground the Tigers out today. I can only recall them kicking twice from inside their own 40, which is usually a sign of a good chase and maintaining of pressure

Suitman

Post Whore
Well the kick chase wasn’t as awful as say the Dragons game but it’s not good enough to win a premiership. Especially off the back of some good kicks, we could have easily ground the Tigers out today. I can only recall them kicking twice from inside their own 40, which is usually a sign of a good chase and maintaining of pressure

No doubt.
We are a long way from getting the basics to a higher level, and premiership winning type play, but we did what we had to day today to grind out a win, and I thought it was good to see some changes in our kicking tactics.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why is the Pre-Game thread still open? It should've been turned off for comments when the Game Day Thread was started..

FFS

84 Baby

Referee
4 from eight ( 28 points ) will be enough
Actually I’ve had a look at draw. It may even be less. The next 3 or so weeks will determine it. A lot of the teams in logjam behind us play each other so if we can keep winning and they steal points off one another and 3 of those teams can’t break away then it could be less

84 Baby

Referee
No doubt.
We are a long way from getting the basics to a higher level, and premiership winning type play, but we did what we had to day today to grind out a win, and I thought it was good to see some changes in our kicking tactics.
Reeds kicks especially. One of them with a decent defending set turned the game in 1st half

Suitman

Post Whore
Reeds kicks especially. One of them with a decent defending set turned the game in 1st half

Yep. There was certainly a change in kicking game tactics today and it worked better.
A good mix of high kicks and a long kicking game. We hadn't seen much of that before during this season.

Latest posts