What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Roosters @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 18: Roosters v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 18
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle Knights
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 20 July 2019

Gates 2pm / NRL 3pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Ryan Hall 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Isaac Liu 15. Nat Butcher 16. Angus Crichton 17. Brett Morris 18. Lindsay Collins 19. Sitili Tupouniua 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Lachlan Lam

TL-NEW19.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Hymel Hunt 3. Tautau Moga 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi 10. David Klemmer 11. Mitchell Barnett 12. Sione Mata'utia 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Connor Watson 15. James Gavet 16. Herman Ese'ese 17. Jamie Buhrer 18. Jacob Saifiti 19. Josh King 20. Mason Lino 21. Aidan Guerra

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Ashley Klein, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Liam Kennedy
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Knights: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

Old dog

Juniors
Big game, Roosters not going well but top side. We need every player to be up for this, selection/availability is critical. Ponga needs to play, Hunt back to centre, Moga to wing, Mann to 6, need Guerra to play with Barnet in 2nd row.
Bench, Watson, Sione, Ese’ese and JSaf
Don’t like Moga but short a good winger and Hunt has played well at centre
If Gavet not suspended then back to reserves along with Lino (tough call), King, Saulo and Buhrer

Knight Vision

First Grade
Roosters will have Tedesco, Cordner and Friend back.

The way we have been playing I'm thinking a loss coming up which will put us back to 8th- unless there is a 58 point turn around in PD then we will be 9th.

mozza91

Coach
Roosters will have Tedesco, Cordner and Friend back.

The way we have been playing I'm thinking a loss coming up which will put us back to 8th- unless there is a 58 point turn around in PD then we will be 9th.
We get Ponga and Barnett back as well. We’ve missed both of them a fair bit over the last few 3 weeks.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We get Ponga and Barnett back as well. We’ve missed both of them a fair bit over the last few 3 weeks.
to be honest I have great confidence in the squad. I think on our day we can beat anyone.

Having said that I dont have ANY faith whatsoever in the refereeing which has been nothing short of scandalous of late- I wrote a complaint to the NRL for the first time ever.

Yosh

Coach
to be honest I have great confidence in the squad. I think on our day we can beat anyone.

Having said that I dont have ANY faith whatsoever in the refereeing which has been nothing short of scandalous of late- I wrote a complaint to the NRL for the first time ever.

What is up with that? The reffing has been the worst I have ever seen it.

Good work, something has to be said.

Knight Vision

First Grade
What is up with that?
2 of the more controversial for mine were the Broncos game - Klein ( ref ) and the bunker decision against Bulldogs - Klein. ( review official ) . No way on earth this guy can be so inept.I dont believe it for a moment. The decisions by this dude can only mean 1 thing - a deliberate act to alter the course of the game. I'm convinced of it. I asked them to investigate him.

Nothing will come of it, maybe they wont read it but maybe the seed has been planted. Hopefully we never get him again.

slotmachine

First Grade
Best we looked all year is when we beat the Roosters, will be missing Fitz and Edrick from that squad. Guerra in for Fitz and chuck Moga on the wing.

Old dog

Juniors
Not a big fan of Barnett but he is back and could be needed with Fitz out also like to start Guerra.
Left wing is a worry, like Hunt at centre and Moga? Wing

I'm not sure Moga will be picked except for possibly off the bench. He said in an interview that he wasn't match fit so might be suspect having him in for a full game at this stage.
I reckon we'll go Mann at centre and Watson off the bench with Lino getting another run.
Lino was ok for the first half against the Dogs but fell apart afterwards.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'm not sure Moga will be picked except for possibly off the bench. He said in an interview that he wasn't match fit so might be suspect having him in for a full game at this stage.
I reckon we'll go Mann at centre and Watson off the bench with Lino getting another run.
Lino was ok for the first half against the Dogs but fell apart afterwards.
this swapping around of players positions is doing us no favors. I wish we could just keep the guys in a position instead of moving them- strengthening one position to only weaken another every week.

Frederick

Staff member
this swapping around of players positions is doing us no favors. I wish we could just keep the guys in a position instead of moving them- strengthening one position to only weaken another every week.
It's mind boggling that Brown can possibly think it's a good tactic. It does nothing but disrupt combinations and team harmony throughout the game

Moga will be there while Lee is out but do we keep him there for a full game if he isn't match fit yet? That's more of a risk I think.