What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

Kornstar

Coach
Looking at the stats at the end on the screen, it was a pretty evenly matched game (although their tackle busts were double ours) where we won the completions.

4 tries a piece and us taking opportunities with penalty goals the difference.

2 middling teams playing and it was a decent spectacle and we won. Bank it and move on, we'll be better for it.

This to me was a crucial game in the finals race. Win 50% of our remaining games and i think we make the finals and after the spoon anything more than that will be a bonus for me.

Gronk

Staff member
Looking at the stats at the end on the screen, it was a pretty evenly matched game (although their tackle busts were double ours) where we won the completions.

4 tries a piece and us taking opportunities with penalty goals the difference.

2 middling teams playing and it was a decent spectacle and we won. Bank it and move on, we'll be better for it.

This to me was a crucial game in the finals race. Win 50% of our remaining games and i think we make the finals and after the spoon anything more than that will be a bonus for me.
They said in the presser that we had 4 forwards who cracked 100m and they had none.

Also said that Fergo has the week off. Coming back on Sat for captains run.

Happy MEel

First Grade
By the looks of it Ethan Parry deserves a crack but come Rnd 22 will not get near Sivo, Fergo, Wanga or Mennings.
TBH I thought Hoffman looked off the pace in defence today. If we want to see what Parry is made of now is the time to do it before Jennings and Waka return.

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
...and he certainly knows his jungles

images

Bazal

Post Whore
What the f**k did Ganguly do to get him in the box for the WC Final FFS

EDIT Oops, wrong window, don't get moddy knickers in a knot

golfer

Juniors
By the looks of it Ethan Parry deserves a crack but come Rnd 22 will not get near Sivo, Fergo, Wanga or Mennings.
Ethan Parry is not a good defender. The Wests centre opposing him today had it all over him. He will get slaughtered by a good NRL centre.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Drown was better than last game. Sure he made errors but ive got faith.
Dissapointed Salmon didn't get more game time.
Evans wasnt great. Lots more lazy efforts today but maybe its a one off. Id still prefer Mannah.
Much better tactics today. Taking penalty kicks for goal, Moses varied kicking game, Nrowns playmaking etc.
Not perfect but I reckon we'd normally lose a game like that.
How good is Lane. Buy of the year. Love the guy. Hes definitely SOO quality.
Go you Mighty Eels.

golfer

Juniors
I didn't think we played well buy still did enough. Lol all the Tigers fans who thought they were robbed.

I hope they do play us at Parra next year - gives us another home game
The refereeing is so inconsistant, when Moses did the chip kick he looked highly likely to score the try. The referees decided that a penalty was sufficient but I for the life of me can't understand why the offending player was not sinbinned for a professional foul.
I didn't think we played well buy still did enough. Lol all the Tigers fans who thought they were robbed.

I hope they do play us at Parra next year - gives us another home game

eel01s

Bench
I reckon things being a bit tough for Dylan Brown is good for him in both the short and long term. I think he can learn from his mistakes and become a better player.

I see todays game as a good learning curve for our side. In recent times we would look good with the ball but still get beat. Today we played a simple game, but stuck to it with minimal errors. Good kicking game and kick chase.

Tiger5150

Bench
Where's that Wests Tigers troll merkin?

picgifs-deal-with-it-52101.gif

Not sure if you mean me but well done guys, simply too good. Whilst Im very disappointed, it a nice change to see a game between the two teams where both teams put in. Seem to me recent games between Tiges & Eels, there is usually one team totally derping it up. Whilst today had its derp moments (In particular from the refs), overall both teams put in and you guys at the end of the day deserved the win.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon things being a bit tough for Dylan Brown is good for him in both the short and long term. I think he can learn from his mistakes and become a better player.

I see todays game as a good learning curve for our side. In recent times we would look good with the ball but still get beat. Today we played a simple game, but stuck to it with minimal errors. Good kicking game and kick chase.

Yep we really slowed our game down today. Not many offloads, no long sweeping plays. Our ruck defence was a lot better too, only once or twice from memory that they caught us. Correlation or causation?