What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC FINAL: England v New Zealand Lords London July 14 2019 (Result - Tie)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I can see that ricochet rule being changed. Ball will be called dead once it hits the bat. Two runs not 6.

Congratulations England though, it was not luck to get to the final, nor to fight until the last ball.

NZ so unlucky.

edabomb

First Grade
Santner ducking a bouncer on the final ball of our innings. What a brain neutral moment. Hand your glasses in.

Pommy

Coach
Got to feel a little bad for the kiwis, the rules need to change so the ball is dead and that wickets are more important than boundaries.
I don’t feel that bad though, I’m sure nobody else would really either.

The salt on social media is at epic proportions from pretty much everyone except the kiwis who seem to have been pretty graceful about it all.

edabomb

First Grade
Shared title would have been good after the 50 overs. The loss of prizemoney would be enough incentive for teams not to conspire to that result.

Too many variables with cold batters and bowlers in the super over.

Timbo

Staff member
I just don’t understand why in the event of a tied super over they don’t just have another super over.

The soccer World Cup wouldn’t give the trophy to the team that hit the most into the top right corner in the event of a tied shootout.

vvvrulz

Coach
Take nothing away from England though, Stokes even apologised for that horrible luck. Don’t like em but we just happened to get a bad hand and they didn’t.

edabomb

First Grade
Take nothing away from England though, Stokes even apologised for that horrible luck. Don’t like em but we just happened to get a bad hand and they didn’t.

Yup breaks of the game. We batted towards a total that was always going to be a dog to defend. That increases the risk of minor things such as that swinging the match.

I just wish Gup lobbed it in!

JJ

Immortal
Lot of luck went against us... FMD we manned up in the semis and finals though, against very good teams we showed old school cricket nous... that Boult catch and the deflection were killers

Devastating really - sharing would have been preferable, continuing to bat in the super over is probably helpful, and the fetish with boundaries is annoying... feeling like we probably did enough to win, but so many little things went their way - certainly didn't deserve to lose, neither did they to be fair - but beaten by a Kiwi, a deflection off his bat while running, and not hitting as many boundaries :(

What a game, what a game

Last edited:

The Bye

Juniors
Congratulations to the United Nations on (err sort of) winning their first World Cup final.

What a brilliant match led by their Irish skipper, with a fantastic super over bowled by their West Indian superstar, finished off with the winning runs hit by a kiwi.

Valheru

Coach
It is absolutely fitting that England's one CWC 'triumph' is such an empty one. In no way shape or form did they win that match.

The clear solution is to keep having super overs until there is a winner.

Latest posts