What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Solid win but we have problems to work on to beat Manly at their home ground.

Drown will have to improve big time, do we persevere or go with Salmon?

Hoff needs to go to be replaced by Parry or Salmon, leaves Sivo posted too often and think Tigs scored their tries down his side. Manly will exploit that unless we make changes there to strengthen our D.

Still too much one out running coming off our tryline, would prefer they spread ball earlier to make more ground against compressed defence. Some problems for BA to work on so lets see how he reacts. Will he react?????

84 Baby

Referee
I wasn't at game.
My old man was. He said it was Sivo rushing in that made Hoffman look bad.
No, Hoffman was definitely poor defensively. He’s pretty slow laterally and was exposed on that left side
Team game.

So Fergo needs to shoulder some of the blame.

But seriously I think as OA said in the thread that should not be that Sivo and Mennings have a better understanding in defence. It’s not entirely Hoffs fault but I think if Menko plays at least one of their tries doesn’t get scored (the one we almost bundled them over sideline)

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think we persevere even if it costs an unlikely shot a premiership. Drown will be the better for it and blind Freddy can see he has the base to be a real quality half
I can't see it costing us anything. If we somehow end up with a shot at the title (which when push comes to shove I just can't see happening), it will be because Dylan is playing his arse off. I like Salmon too BTW. Not sure where he belongs though. Maybe a Wade Graham style edge???

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
I can't see it costing us anything. If we somehow end up with a shot at the title, which when push come to shove a just can't see happening), it will be because Dylan is playing his arse off. I like Salmon too BTW. Not sure where he belongs though. Maybe a Wade Graham style edge???
Yeah I was just saying if Drown continues his current form which would hypothetically be worse than Salmons it may cost us, but realistically there’d probably be little difference in their outputs (or even Drown could play better), and playing Drown now should improve him longer term and Salmons position is a mystery. He isn’t going to be a centre next year assuming we’ve resigned Mennings so second roe roetation seems likely to me

Bazal

Post Whore
Clearly like I've said before, the right approach is...

1) Pre-selection discussion thread (locked when team announced)

2) Selection announcement thread (immediately locked, no posts at all)

3)Selection discussion thread (locked 12 hours before first squad cut)

4) First Cut Discussion thread (locked when first cut made)

5)Second Cut Discussion thread (locked at second cut announcement)

6) Pre Match Discussion thread (locked at kickoff)

7) First half discussion thread (locked at half time)

8) Halftime entertainment thread (locked at second half)

9) Second half discussion thread (locked at full time)

10) 2x Extra time discussion threads, as per first and second half threads, as required and locked at the completion of any extra time

11) Full time thread (locked 12 hours after full time)

12) Post Match Discussion thread (locked depending on the day of the week)

13) Monday Warm Down thread (Locked Tuesday morning for the pre selection thread)

What do we reckon mods? If we're going to milk this rubbish idea and be stupid as f**k, let's go all out!

Latest posts