What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC FINAL: England v New Zealand Lords London July 14 2019 (Result - Tie)

JJ

Immortal
Gut wrenching way to decide a world cup. Really entertaining, but also kind of empty.

On the plus side, Australia is still the last team to actually WIN the world cup :p

LOL - dunno, we did a lot to lose that one...

Did everything to compete here, but cookie crumbled the other way and the game was so close they got a a stupid rule that nobody thought would apply (why anyone thought it was sensible is beyond me)

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon the super over should not be used in ODI, leave it just for t20

A tie score after 50 overs each then use the reserve day. If that tied as well then whoever finished higher on the table after the preliminary rounds is declared the winner

deciding by boundaries is pretty lame considering lot of kiwis games were on bat/ball decks , so far less opportunity to score boundaries than the poms

Tommy Smith

Referee
Holy f**k I can't believe the Bat of God incident.

That's a one in a million occurrence.

God is real and he hates the Kiwis.

Commiserations Black Caps. You guys deserved to win.

The tie ruling is stupid.

It'd be like a World Cup final penalty shoot out ending at 6-6 with the winner being the team who had the most corner kicks.

Only cricket can be so dumb. Just have another Super Over FFS.

Better yet, make it a Super 5 overs befitting a WC Final.

Pommy

Coach

A tie score after 50 overs each then use the reserve day. If that tied as well then whoever finished higher on the table after the preliminary rounds is declared the winner

deciding by boundaries is pretty lame considering lot of kiwis games were on bat/ball decks , so far less opportunity to score boundaries than the poms

The boundaries count was only in that one game plus the super over wasn’t it?

billygilmore

Juniors
Holy f**k I can't believe the Bat of God incident.

That's a one in a million occurrence.

God is real and he hates the Kiwis.

Commiserations Black Caps. You guys deserved to win.

The tie ruling is stupid.

It'd be like a World Cup final penalty shoot out ending at 6-6 with the winner being the team who had the most corner kicks.

Only cricket can be so dumb. Just have another Super Over FFS.

Better yet, make it a Super 5 overs befitting a WC Final.

No way, a super 5 overs would be enough overs to bowl the aussies out

Pommy

Coach
Not since the underarm game has there been a more hollow victory in cricket.

I would say that’s a bit harsh. Yes we had some luck last night but you don’t make the final and then tie the final twice based on luck only.
It’s not like the England players cheated within the rules to get those results either. I don’t think anyone can honestly claim Stokes intended to deflect that ball.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Over 600 balls, both teams had multiple opportunities to deliver that decisive blow.

Literally nothing separated them and it took some good/bad luck to find a winner. Any other day and it could have gone the other way.

It's a very lame way to end a game, but both teams were worthy winners in a match where there could only be one.

Pommy

Coach
Over 600 balls, both teams had multiple opportunities to deliver that decisive blow.

Literally nothing separated them and it took some good/bad luck to find a winner. Any other day and it could have gone the other way.

It's a very lame way to end a game, but both teams were worthy winners in a match where there could only be one.

You have to think back to NZs last ball where the player f**king ducked it. I bet he’s sick as f**k now.

edabomb

First Grade

Only problem with that is the effect the weather can have. We had a game against India which was rained off, if we had of won that we would have tied England. So it's highly likely you'd punish a team for weather under the who finished higher on the ladder rule.

Last edited:

billygilmore

Juniors
Golden point in cricket?

I reckon each side takes turns bowling a full toss to their own batsman, first catch into the crowd by who ever that fan supports wins it

Golden point cricket, this I can get on board with.

Each team gets a batsman at each end, all fielders for both teams on the ground, both bowlers bowl simultaneously at there opposing batsman from there respective ends, first team to score a run wins. Wouldn’t be any messier than what happens at the end of an nrl golden point match

The Bye

Juniors
34811A37-6336-498C-A68C-DC7A73AE1A23.jpeg
2AB040C0-A876-47E9-B8A9-99D2DD5F1402.jpeg

Poor form by the world XI. They really should have been a lot more inclusive toward their Muslim brothers and sprayed apple juice instead of champagne.

Latest posts