What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji's 300th Game

Pezz70

Juniors
My fav Tigers player ever and a genuine good bloke, been to a few fan days and he's always been down for a chat

Looks like it’s gonna be a sell out, tried to get GA or GA alcohol free last night but they were all gone. One thing I noticed that there was Eels fans reserve seating for sale but no tigers fan reserved seating at a Tigers home game. Not really ideal. There something wrong this home ground deal.

WA Tiger

Bench
My fav Tigers player ever and a genuine good bloke, been to a few fan days and he's always been down for a chat
Mine too. I can’t stop watching him play...A magician. And that beautiful cut out pass sometimes no look sometimes like a bullet. I’m glad some of you’s like him a bit better now. Some always won’t . He never does his chip kick any more. That’s a tough kick to master. He started always kicking it too long like everyone else. Gotta kick short with a bit of height and pick it up straight away. That takes courage though. Glad he came down for a chat.

stryker

First Grade
That was emotional and brought a tear to the eye. Benji has always been my favourite player and is easily this clubs greatest product. His highlights vids on Youtube were/are great little pick me ups when I feel a bit down. The skill was so natural yet a level above what everyone else could do. He was incredible.

Congrats Benji. To get to this milestone after a career interrupted by multiple serious injuries as well as a few seasons away in rugby and reggies...well done mate, you deserve to join this elite club. Even better you are doing it as a West's Tiger. Really nice tribute by the players there, especially Robo...beautifully spoken by a great mate.

Now dry your eyes boys and get out there and rip those Eels apart tomorrow.

WA Tiger

Bench
That was emotional and brought a tear to the eye. Benji has always been my favourite player and is easily this clubs greatest product. His highlights vids on Youtube were/are great little pick me ups when I feel a bit down. The skill was so natural yet a level above what everyone else could do. He was incredible.

Congrats Benji. To get to this milestone after a career interrupted by multiple serious injuries as well as a few seasons away in rugby and reggies...well done mate, you deserve to join this elite club. Even better you are doing it as a West's Tiger. Really nice tribute by the players there, especially Robo...beautifully spoken by a great mate.

Now dry your eyes boys and get out there and rip those Eels apart tomorrow.
.......He’s So relaxed when he’s manoeuvring on the field. Lots of time Lots of space .. But then he’ll just nail down to something and it’s all over I hope our next step up in form is against parra ...and then again against the raiders.

WA Tiger

Bench
Remember where the balll landed when he flick passed to Richards ...Richards didn’t move an inch for that catch...did he...it wasn’t just a good flick pass....As Bennet says in article...Thats rear

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Agree with everything about Benji, BUT just wondering how he would have been remembered if he had f**ked up that flick pass to Richards:)

WA Tiger

Bench
Agree with everything about Benji, BUT just wondering how he would have been remembered if he had f**ked up that flick pass to Richards:)
It happend so fast. That’s what amazes me. I think that’s Benjis speed - fast....Where he feels most comfortable. He learnt all those moves in touch rugby so they are ingrained from using it a hell of a lot. That speed and the angle and knowing it was Richards ..He had zero time to analyse all that. This was second nature to him...he nailed it. Not close but nailed it. There couldn’t have been another result... as sure as a shit in the morning . He’s way ahead of the game. Richards was confident and alert enough to see the pass was on...he didn’t reach for it in anyway like others might have...I mean that was a cool catch from Richards ..He’d prob seen that ball from Benji a million times

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I didn’t have Foxtel when he started...I suppose a lot of you would have seen him when he arrived..see how Richards said he was cocky...cool ...there’s been limited footage of his much earlier stuff

WA Tiger

Bench
He was initially at canberra or thought he was All the other coaches wanted to reign all that fancy stuff in...sheens was the only coach that encouraged it..

OldSchoolTiger

Juniors

macnaz

Staff member
The flick pass is what actually made the try.. he did it to lead Bowen to the side line with him so Ritchards remained unmarked. .. most players would have telegrapghed to the opposition they were going to turn it back on the inside .

super_coach

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...shall-to-push-on-to-2020-20190714-p52752.html

I want him to play on as well but only if he retains the form he has been in. I reckon he has been our best player this year.

I was against him playing this year, but now I have done a back flip and want him again next year. Madge actually has to put some speed size and quality around him. I have no doubt if he was playing in a very good side he would be killing it. I hate to think what would have happened this year if he was not playing.

Anyway for me it’s a no brainer, squeeze another year out of him, it’s not like he is holding any half decent player back...we have none

OldSchoolTiger

Juniors
I was against him playing this year, but now I have done a back flip and want him again next year. Madge actually has to put some speed size and quality around him. I have no doubt if he was playing in a very good side he would be killing it. I hate to think what would have happened this year if he was not playing.

Anyway for me it’s a no brainer, squeeze another year out of him, it’s not like he is holding any half decent player back...we have none

Let's be honest until we can get rid of the gimps that Ivan crippled us with then we might us well look forward to having a second team to cheer for come finals time. One thing I will praise Madge for is him being the first coach we've had in years to drop gimps like Reynolds, Packer and Matts. Should be more of it.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Let's be honest until we can get rid of the gimps that Ivan crippled us with then we might us well look forward to having a second team to cheer for come finals time. One thing I will praise Madge for is him being the first coach we've had in years to drop gimps like Reynolds, Packer and Matts. Should be more of it.
It will take time but one things for certain is that Madge will transform the train wreck into a formidable & successful team & hopefully sooner than later.

Tiger05

First Grade
It will take time but one things for certain is that Madge will transform the train wreck into a formidable & successful team & hopefully sooner than later.

I hope so. I think he is good but we have to see how it turns out. I don't think we are that far off but at the same time our cap is being hurt by players that can't even make our first grade team. Mybe is currently in the team but if he doesn't improve he will be gonski as well.

Latest posts