What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

tiger102

Juniors
Maybe we would be looking at Hymel Hunt at centre and Mawene Hiroti as a winger.
Hunt - Hard hitter and damaging with the ball. Not a top-line talent but better than what we have.
Hiroti - is a winger/ centre, 80% plus goalkicker, is fast, reasonably big and souths have a full backline.

1. Corey Thompson/ Moses Mbye/ McKenzie Baker
2. Robert Jennings/CoreyThompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Mawene Hiroti

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maybe we would be looking at Hymel Hunt at centre and Mawene Hiroti as a winger.
Hunt - Hard hitter and damaging with the ball. Not a top-line talent but better than what we have.
Hiroti - is a winger/ centre, 80% plus goalkicker, is fast, reasonably big and souths have a full backline.

1. Corey Thompson/ Moses Mbye/ McKenzie Baker
2. Robert Jennings/CoreyThompson
3. Esan Marsters
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Mawene Hiroti

I think hunts pretty average, not really any upgrade on what we have

I haven’t seen a lot of hiroti however my Souths supporting mates reckon he’s pretty good/ very quick. Didn’t realize he was a goal kicker, that’s enough for me

Golden rule no1...If they are not a massive upgrade on what we have...don’t buy

Golden rule no2..Don’t buy players on their ability five years ago hoping they can turn back the clock

Golden rule no3....Buy your depth signings from players road blocked in very good systems

#3 especially.

Fordy20

Juniors
Golden rule no1...If they are not a massive upgrade on what we have...don’t buy

Golden rule no2..Don’t buy players on their ability five years ago hoping they can turn back the clock

Golden rule no3....Buy your depth signings from players road blocked in very good systems

So a no to George Burgess then?

west4ever

Juniors
So a no to George Burgess then?
That is a no mate, we have a up and comer that is a same style of player, already as good and will get better, with another pre season under his belt he will be a monster, I really have big raps on him, his name is Oliver Clark, I’d use the cap for key positions, fullback wing centre half hooker ect, our young forwards can hold against any team, our outside backs can’t.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That is a no mate, we have a up and comer that is a same style of player, already as good and will get better, with another pre season under his belt he will be a monster, I really have big raps on him, his name is Oliver Clark, I’d use the cap for key positions, fullback wing centre half hooker ect, our young forwards can hold against any team, our outside backs can’t.
Totally agree about our forwards.

We need Speed speed & more speed !

Fordy20

Juniors
I'd really like Papenhuyzen back. Those other two would be far more expensive and Papenhuyzen is blocked by Hughes at the moment.

OldSchoolTiger

Juniors
If we had these two we'd be a much better team. Our pack looks pretty good now. If we can just somehow gain some quality outside backs. We tend to be able to get them. We gotta hold onto them.
Brooks and Benji playing at more than glacier like speed would be awesome. Saw that show and go from Benji today. A few years ago he runs that ball and goes himself, today he dogs it and takes the pussy option of throwing a nothing pass to Jennings so he can be cleaned up by Fergo

Fordy20

Juniors
Of course no to Burgess. Haven't you and the club have learnt from the long list of blokes we signed to be our knight in shining armour for our pack who have flopped or dogged it ???

Great. Another troll account. Barely a month old and already flinging turds at people like a veteran keyboard hero. Yet, like a pimply-face pubescent teenager, can't even hold his load long enough to read the very next post after mine without spurting all over the place.

Tiger5150

Bench
Brooks and Benji playing at more than glacier like speed would be awesome. Saw that show and go from Benji today. A few years ago he runs that ball and goes himself, today he dogs it and takes the pussy option of throwing a nothing pass to Jennings so he can be cleaned up by Fergo

If its the "show and go" Im thinking of, if he gave it to Rowdy instead of "showing it" its a try under the sticks. 5 mins later he does give it to Lawrence and he gets his clock cleaned (again).

Tiger05

First Grade

I reckon Benji has been unreal. Brooks isn't performing as he was last year. He hasn't been bad though.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Unfortunately for ball players to be effective there needs to be someone the opposing team is shitting themselves when they get it. At this point our team has none and it is a simple task of other teams sitting back and sliding to handle our attack.

The way I see it, until this club develops or buys a couple of strike players with speed including back rowers that can run into holes Wests Tigers will continue to be a team where the better teams pencil in the two points at the beginning of the year.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Can someone remind me, have we signed any outside talent for 2020?

I can't recall any new signings for next year at all.

super_coach

First Grade
Ball players are only as goods as the ball runners he has as targets and both Brooks and Benji have very few players capable of using the space created for them. Lack of size and speed is the main problem

Latest posts