What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2019

Dodgy

Juniors
Verstappen completely missing the apex of the kerb and punting off Leclerc reminds me when Morley cannoned into Kearns.

Storm13

Juniors
Williams have gone from front row lockout to back row lockout in the same regulation period, is there a similar team to judge them against?

Life's Good

Coach
Williams have gone from front row lockout to back row lockout in the same regulation period, is there a similar team to judge them against?

John Watson & Niki Lauda finished 1-2 after starting 22nd & 23rd in the US GP at Watkins Glen in 1983. McLaren also went on to win the drivers/constructors title in 1984.
Damon Hill was nowhere to be seen in the Arrows Yamaha(he didn’t even make the start in Melbourne). Then, at Hungary, he starts on the front row, smokes Villeneuve to lead with 2 laps to go until the hydraulics went bang jamming the gearbox in 2nd. He still finished 2nd.
Not an answer to your question but an illustration of crazy form reversals.

Parra

Referee
Throw Norris into the mix as well plus a few others with potential and the next decade of F1 is looking very interesting.

Leclerc v Verstappen could become a classic rivalry.

Storm13

Juniors
The wheel to wheel racing in this race was phenomenal. DRS for the first time I can remember worked how everyone imagined it was suppose to work at all tracks. Just seen the onboard video of Ricciardo and Norris at the start was another great battle. Would love to seen this race without the safety car.

Hilarious to see Riicardo asking Norris if he has pubes in the press conference. Also Ricciardo with the sneak by sack wack to Carlos, the face on the interviewer was priceless.

Storm13

Juniors
Mercedes deserve to have multiple dnf's for multiple races just from this new livery for the German GP.

Life's Good

Coach
Ferrari again scored an own goal. Leclerc looked good through practice & Vettel was right in the mix(I felt very sorry for him). I’m hoping the predicted rain arrives otherwise it’s Mercedes race to lose.

Parra

Referee
Close. Max is keeping it interesting.

Ferrari have become a running joke. Top the timesheets in practice sessions and self destruct in qualifying.

Storm13

Juniors
Verstappen with his first pole. Surprised as he was not setting purple sectors on the last run, but the Bull was consistent and mighty in the third sector. With Red Bull starts of late Max might be third by the first corner.

Life's Good

Coach
Looking forward to this race based on the grid. The best thing is I’m genuinely not sure how this will play out. Fingers crossed for plenty of action.

some11

Referee
Brilliant gamble from Mercedes to steal the win away from RB.

Bittersweet for Max, first pole but gets run down on dead tyres with a handful of laps to go.

Bottas and Gasly won't be keeping their seats next year. Imagine the pressure Ferrari would be under in the WCC standings if Gasly could get the best out of that car. Bottas is gonna finish 3rd in the WDC the way Max is going.

Storm13

Juniors
Brilliant gamble from Mercedes to steal the win away from RB.

Bittersweet for Max, first pole but gets run down on dead tyres with a handful of laps to go.

Bottas and Gasly won't be keeping their seats next year. Imagine the pressure Ferrari would be under in the WCC standings if Gasly could get the best out of that car. Bottas is gonna finish 3rd in the WDC the way Max is going.
Max and Dan together this season would be second in the constructors. I think it's quite perplexing how Red Bull have not replaced Gasly with someone competent. I'd make an offer to George Russel at this point. I can see Mercedes replacing Bottas with Ocon next season, if Renault don't replace Hulk with Ocon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if Mercedes are waiting for Ricciardo to be a free agent again