What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R18 Fri - Panthers 40-18 Dragons @ Panthers

Round 18: Panthers v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 18
Penrith Panthers v St George Illawarra Dragons
Panthers Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Friday 19 July 2019

Gates 5:50pm / U16 Jnr League 6:05pm / NRL 7:55pm

TL-PEN20.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Frank Winterstein 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Wayde Egan 15. Jarome Luai 16. Moses Leota 17. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 18. Hame Sele 19. Jed Cartwright 20. Kaide Ellis 21. Stephen Crichton

TL-SGI19.png

1. Matthew Dufty 2. Jonus Pearson 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Corey Norman 7. Darren Nicholls 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. James Graham
Interchange: 14. Josh Kerr 15. Korbin Sims 16. Patrick Kaufusi 17. Luciano Leilua 18. Reece Robson 19. Jacob Host 20. Tristan Sailor 21. Jason Saab

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Grant Atkins, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Lowe

Feeder club info
Panthers: Penrith Panthers (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Dragons: St George Illawarra Dragons (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Dragons are trash and will be lucky to dodge bottom 4 at the rate they're traveling. Penrith on the other hand are off the canvass and swinging.

TheFrog

Coach
Someone in the Panthers forum said you guys have a history of breaking our winning runs after 6 wins. You can't lose.
That'd be me. If we could attack like the Raiders and actually turn it into points maybe we could lay on 3 or 4 tries before halftime and the Dragons would just give up as they did yesterday. But we don't, and so the Dragons will be still in the game in the second half and this will lift them, seeing how its a must win game. This is a danger game, no two ways about it.

OldPanther

Coach
That'd be me. If we could attack like the Raiders and actually turn it into points maybe we could lay on 3 or 4 tries before halftime and the Dragons would just give up as they did yesterday. But we don't, and so the Dragons will be still in the game in the second half and this will lift them, seeing how its a must win game. This is a danger game, no two ways about it.

See not as much a sure thing as it would first appear.

OldPanther

Coach
@TheFrog
@OldPanther

You blokes should talk to the raiders fans from yesterday’s game day thread who also thought their team was capable of out-derping the Dragons.

Mary’s got a plan. And it’s written on an etch-a-sketch.

Bow down before your betters.

Yeah but we are kings of bad discipline. This will be the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object of derp.

Screenshot_20190715-123708_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-123720_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-123737_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

We are good at goal kicking so we have that going for us :point_down:

Screenshot_20190715-123748_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Always a game to look forward to. Plus Dragons fans are usually a good bunch to banter with - possibly because we share the same pains of continuous mediocrity.

Would love to see a huge win just like in 2018 at home. However, it will most likely end up a close one, either way.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers have won 6 in a row. But they're really not much better than they were in the 6 losses in a row.

The biggest difference is we are putting in defensively for 80 minutes. Which has been enough the past 6 weeks against depleted and/or poor sides

But our attack still sucks. We still have terrible handling. We still give away alot of penalties and put alot of unnecessary pressure on ourselves. Until we faced the Titans, all of our wins were very tight and not over until the siren went.

Dragons should be right in this game. I think Panthers will scrape in another 19-18 win. With Jimmy being the difference.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers have won 6 in a row. But they're really not much better than they were in the 6 losses in a row.

The biggest difference is we are putting in defensively for 80 minutes. Which has been enough the past 6 weeks against depleted and/or poor sidesReply

But our attack still sucks. We still have terrible handling. We still give away alot of penalties and put alot of unnecessary pressure on ourselves. Until we faced the Titans, all of our wins were very tight and not over until the siren went.

Dragons should be right in this game. I think Panthers will scrape in another 19-18 win. With Jimmy being the difference.
We still have to consider that the young replacements who have filled in for the players who have left the club, or who were injured,are doing an admirable job, You still cannot substitute for experience as displayed in our win last week o was the reasoning why it took a little while to get firing.

The difference this week is that The Jimmy will be fresher as will Cleary. And with Penrith playing at home, the Dragons will have to have at least an 18 point lead at 1/2 time to have a chance of winning.

Panthers by 24-12.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Hope my amusement at all the 'Sack Mary' posts on this forum doesn't come back to bite me. Even after 6 wins in a row I'm still not super confident going into games, because we still are prone to silly errors, penalties and we don't score freely even when having long periods in the opposition 20. The big difference compared to earlier in the year is to do with effort and the enthusiasm the rookies have brought to the team. Basically we are staying in the contest and grinding out wins, whereas before the errors killed our confidence and we just leaked tries. We had too many players playing mentally weak and that seems to have been fixed.

On form we should beat the Dragons, but they still have 5 origin players. Even with Mary being a dud coach, it still surprises me how poor some of their performances have been. I'm not comfortable in a situation like this because I remember plenty of out of sorts teams suddenly playing well against us before. I'll tip us by 6.