What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forward pass

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I know Shazza cops hit, but I didn't think he was that bad last night. His number shit all over Feefs and Richard. Thank f**k for Uele. The merkin is a beast.

snout

First Grade
We were dominated by big Nelson. He rolled us over and gaol raped us like we were his little bitch.
The refs saw him lift the elbow.
Straight into priors face.
Everyone saw it.
Couldnt miss it.

Play on.

Unless youre wearing a different jumper.
Then its on report and the defending team get a penalty in the your half and are immediately on the attack.

Yeah..they steamrolled us.
All on their own.
With no leg up from the refs.
No help from those that can easily give it.

Bullshit.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Check out inside the nrl where Soward says it’s the wrong call for a pass that went out of the hands backwards, if it went forwards it would have hit the fox hand.. it was a fair ball.

Then They go down the other end, get a false penalty and score. After a blatant forward pass from Munster that wasn’t called up of coarse. Refs aren’t looking for storm forward ball.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
The back 5 has been an issue all year too. Look at Fergy. He gets that shit eels side moving.
Any team that wants to play with speed has a back 5 that gets the roll going and does the hard stuff.
Like ours did in 2016.
Was the cornerstone of our year.

Card Shark

Immortal
Check out inside the nrl where Soward says it’s the wrong call for a pass that went out of the hands backwards, if it went forwards it would have hit the fox hand.. it was a fair ball.

Then They go down the other end, get a false penalty and score. After a blatant forward pass from Munster that wasn’t called up of coarse. Refs aren’t looking for storm forward ball.

Bloody oath it was thrown backwards.

Feki was well behind him when he threw it & didn’t reach forward to catch it. It drifted forward as every pass does, except from a stationary dummy half.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Considering this, if you were to watch this:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/15/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-17/

To summarise, it’s a round 17 ref round up by Head of football Grahame Annesley, going over controversial decisions made by referee’s.

Why in the 30 minute clip does he not mention anything regarding the storm vs sharks game?
Surly some of the calls made were unsettling enough to justify a mention!

That fact that the game was not mentioned at all rings alarm bells in my head.
We were just thrown underneath the bus last week.

Considering this, if you were to watch this:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/15/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing---round-17/

To summarise, it’s a round 17 ref round up by Head of football Grahame Annesley, going over controversial decisions made by referee’s.

Why in the 30 minute clip does he not mention anything regarding the storm vs sharks game?
Surly some of the calls made were unsettling enough to justify a mention!

That fact that the game was not mentioned at all rings alarm bells in my head.
We were just thrown underneath the bus last week.

I turned the alarm in my head off well before the game and left it off after.. I dont like bells drowning out the voices in my head.

bluefox68

Staff member
Thats all good if the score was 16 to18 but WE GOT BEAT 40 to 16 Nuff said
Momentum wins games.
The referees absolutely had to find a way to shift the momentum, so they did.

You can’t say how the game would have turned out, if we were leading 20-18. The whole sequence of events changes as soon as a decision is made. For example, we would have received the ball again from the kickoff, for a start!!!

TODD GACK

Juniors
Funny i dont hear anyone complaining about the 2 forward passes we threw last night for tries especially the Nikora one for Feki easily 3 metres forward funny no mention