What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett's 2018 Broncos sucked and were never a contender. Bennett's 2019 Rabbitohs are very good.

Seibold's 2019 Broncos suck and are not a contender. Seibold's 2018 Rabbitohs were very good.

Yeah, but the 2018 Broncos won 15 games. 2019 will be lucky to get to 10 wins.

betcats

Referee
Im a bit sceptical about how good Seibolds bunnies were, they looked great for half a season, and just average for half a season.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
This is classic Bennett. During Origin he ups the training and the players struggle for a few weeks. Then tappers the training leading into the finals and his players are fitter at the business end of the season. The Broncos would often be written off after some poor performances only to turn it around in the finals.
Like how Bennet got them firing in the finals last year against the Dragons?/s

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/f475778e83a6271103729b74e92f6019

Could James Maloney’s future lie in France and not England?

The Penrith and NSW Blues pivot spoke about a potential move to Super League in the wake of the 26-20 victory over the Maroons last week.

Contracted to the Panthers until 2020, Maloney said: “I don’t know. I’ve been pretty open at this point and said if a really good offer came up overseas, I’d be silly not to look at it.

“But I’m not at that point yet. I’ve always wanted to finish with a stint overseas.”

Leeds have long held interest in the five-eighth, but now it looks like Catalan Dragons have emerged as contenders for his services too.

The Dragons’ general manager, Alex Chan, the former Storm and Parramatta forward told Trieze Mondial: “The club would certainly be interested. It would be stupid to not look at a player like him.

“He’s a winner, like everyone says, and he’s a very good player."

Abacus

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/f475778e83a6271103729b74e92f6019

Could James Maloney’s future lie in France and not England?

The Penrith and NSW Blues pivot spoke about a potential move to Super League in the wake of the 26-20 victory over the Maroons last week.

Contracted to the Panthers until 2020, Maloney said: “I don’t know. I’ve been pretty open at this point and said if a really good offer came up overseas, I’d be silly not to look at it.

“But I’m not at that point yet. I’ve always wanted to finish with a stint overseas.”

Leeds have long held interest in the five-eighth, but now it looks like Catalan Dragons have emerged as contenders for his services too.

The Dragons’ general manager, Alex Chan, the former Storm and Parramatta forward told Trieze Mondial: “The club would certainly be interested. It would be stupid to not look at a player like him.

“He’s a winner, like everyone says, and he’s a very good player."
Almost sounds like @Kilkenny is on the money.

maple_69

Bench
On the plus side I don’t think you could say he and Cleary have ever really worked as a pairing. One has driven the play or the other. We’re a very unbalanced side. I’m excited to see what the Edwards/Luai/Cleary combination can do as a more complete unit that has worked well together before. Might actually help us inside the 20 rather than relying on Kik to carry 6 blokes over or Jimmy to come up with a great play.

On the plus side I don’t think you could say he and Cleary have ever really worked as a pairing. One has driven the play or the other. We’re a very unbalanced side. I’m excited to see what the Edwards/Luai/Cleary combination can do as a more complete unit that has worked well together before. Might actually help us inside the 20 rather than relying on Kik to carry 6 blokes over or Jimmy to come up with a great play.

How much did Cleary & Luai play together in juniors? 1 season, more?

Since Harold Matts. They were the halves pairing for the majority of 2015 nyc, I watched them a lot.

https://www.ourfootyteam.com/2015_nswrl_junior_rep_teamLists.php

Team lists from 2015, they are listed as the 6 and 7 Egan at 9.

Interesting thing is Luai in the 7 and Cleary in the 6, that’s more how I see them in an old style halves pairing.

Cleary standing a bit wider would give him more of an opportunity to run the ball at the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts