What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast about RLWC 2021

Burns

First Grade
Just been listening. Very confident with how the 2021 RLWC will be handled.

Dakink

Bench
Except the bit where one of the hosts states that no rugby league is played in Jamaica....I know he was set straight but the lack of knowledge is scary.

Pommy

Coach
Except the bit where one of the hosts states that no rugby league is played in Jamaica....I know he was set straight but the lack of knowledge is scary.

I mean he did say he was playing devils advocate and whilst some people do play RL in Jamaica it’s still in it’s early stages. The entire team that played in the US was English born was what he was getting at.

Dakink

Bench
I mean he did say he was playing devils advocate and whilst some people do play RL in Jamaica it’s still in it’s early stages. The entire team that played in the US was English born was what he was getting at.
True but the entire team that played in Jamaica was domestic. Early stages yes but far from not being played.

Pommy

Coach
True but the entire team that played in Jamaica was domestic. Early stages yes but far from not being played.

No and that’s the point of playing devils advocate.
He as the interviewer steered the conversation to the fact that it is being played, I’m fairly sure he knew exactly what he was doing.

Dakink

Bench
No and that’s the point of playing devils advocate.
He as the interviewer steered the conversation to the fact that it is being played, I’m fairly sure he knew exactly what he was doing.
If you say so, My take of the interview was when he made the comment the organiser stepped in and said he "categorically" stated league was played in Jamaica... guess I'm just arguing for arguments sake haha

Pommy

Coach
A quick summary of the podcast, anyone? THX

3 world cups all at once. Men’s, women’s, wheelchair. Flights accom etc all paid up by organisers.
Uk government grants to provide a legacy and invest in community clubs who are willing or able to raise some money themselves to go with it, not explained if that was 1:1 etc.
West Cumbria and more than likely Cumbria all together rubbed out.
E sports event to run also.
Middlesbrough game is in partnership with UNICEF.
Every game on the BBC in some format. I think it was around 25 on live FTA others will be in the red button/online I guess.

Storm13

Juniors
A quick summary of the podcast, anyone? THX
WC2021 is going to be good. Not much new info really. Didn't want to go to Cumbria if there was no new stadium. The government money they are spending is trying to spend it in a way where the parties they are spending it on have also got finance to contribute to it so the money goes further. Seems like the women's game and wheel chair will be given the same financial incentives (travel & accommodation)

adamkungl

Immortal
They level of ambition here seems so far above what we got in 2017.

In the lead up there were a whole load of things that were concerning, which turned out just as shit as they sounded.
Exhibit A being the failure to get Sydney or NSW Governments on board, then plonking games in a paddock in Cairns just to spite them.