What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 VS Dragons

Blade23

Juniors
The only reason Kikau went off early last week was because he had the scours.He needed an injection at HT to settle things down. He was sick all last week.
I expect him back to 100% this week.

MrBlack

Juniors
Obviously I will be cheering for a Dragons victory, BUT, if you blokes are to win, don't just beat us, f**king annihilate us!.........Dragons fans the world over will be forever grateful to you.

Guilty pleasure of mine is to visit the Dragons forums. A lot of rage and hate over there.

A team like yours on paper should be top 4. With what, 5 Origin reps??

Just hope you don't put it all together this week. We aren't playing all that well yet.

Abacus

Juniors
Obviously I will be cheering for a Dragons victory, BUT, if you blokes are to win, don't just beat us, f**king annihilate us!.........Dragons fans the world over will be forever grateful to you.
Well the opposition coach got sacked after we beat them last week, hopefully we can get the same result for Mary.

snickers007

Juniors
It doesn't look so bad if its Kenny/Luai on the bench with Egan starting. We know Kenny plays a bit of lock anyway.

If it were my team (All in good time...) then I'd have Kenny playing reggies. He is the odd man out for me.

I know that the whole 'Kenny = winning' thing is correlation rather that causation, but if you were Mitch Kenny you'd be dirty to be dropped at the moment. In his 6 games, he's only had one dud performance, and even that was better than what Katoa served up for 12 rounds.

For me, Luai is the odd man out. He's not effective as a dummy half; he needs to be moving onto the ball with a bit of space. So he either replaces one of the halves (won't happen), or he plays a bit of lock.

Problem is, I think he is so unstructured that everyone else struggles to go with him. Close to the line, I think he's brilliant, but in the mid field, or attacking from 40m out, sometimes all you need is someone who can execute a simple block play, and give the pass nice and early. I reckon Luai would lose us just as many games as he would win us. And given our position on the ladder, I wouldn't be taking that risk. Put him back in Reggies, give him 80mins every week, and tell him to run riot.

OldPanther

Coach
I know that the whole 'Kenny = winning' thing is correlation rather that causation, but if you were Mitch Kenny you'd be dirty to be dropped at the moment. In his 6 games, he's only had one dud performance, and even that was better than what Katoa served up for 12 rounds.

For me, Luai is the odd man out. He's not effective as a dummy half; he needs to be moving onto the ball with a bit of space. So he either replaces one of the halves (won't happen), or he plays a bit of lock.

Problem is, I think he is so unstructured that everyone else struggles to go with him. Close to the line, I think he's brilliant, but in the mid field, or attacking from 40m out, sometimes all you need is someone who can execute a simple block play, and give the pass nice and early. I reckon Luai would lose us just as many games as he would win us. And given our position on the ladder, I wouldn't be taking that risk. Put him back in Reggies, give him 80mins every week, and tell him to run riot.

That would probably be better for his development because he could actually work on his game. I wonder if they are keeping him up at NRL level because they don't want to drop one of the younger halves out of reserve grade. Essentially trying to develop multiple halves at once.

Hope this made sense.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Nicholas tries hard and he's a great bloke but he isn't a first grade standard defender . If Luciano Leilua comes off the bench on his side two of the worst defenders in the team will be marking Billy Kikau who will have Brent Naden outside of him.

martielang

Bench

I don't think he's playing badly, IMO he's just not our best 9 at the moment & IMO not our best back row option off the bench. I think he's naturally had a dip in performance given his rise into first grade. Seeing his attitude in interviews, I tend to think he'd take it on the chin. A few weeks a lesser intensity should hopefully freshen him up.

He does bring a lot of energy to the side though, so I'm definitely not saying there's no other choice but to drop him.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Guilty pleasure of mine is to visit the Dragons forums. A lot of rage and hate over there.

A team like yours on paper should be top 4. With what, 5 Origin reps??

Just hope you don't put it all together this week. We aren't playing all that well yet.

Yeah, we're a fickle lot according to Hooper, total peanuts according to Kent, whingers according to Crawley and "not true supporters" according to the chrome domed drunk that charades as our coach........little wonder there's nuclear level melt downs on the Drag's forum, we obviously have "issues" if these planks are to be believed:D

Not sure about being a top 4 side though as our 1-5 is probably in the bottom 4 sides in the comp. But in the forwards and halves we are as good on paper as any team in the comp and should definitely be putting pressure on the top 4 and putting in solid performances week in week out even if we don't win them all.

Even if we do execute gumby's game plan to perfection this week, your boys will work it out in the first 5 minutes and just toy with us........it's the same game plan we have been playing for the last 5 years.......same game plan the Wests Devils used when he coached there and the same game plan he uses when playing F1-2019 on his X-Box (he's use to driving drunk so when he's on his X.Box playing F1 he thinks he's playing footy the dumb merkin)

Anyway, best of luck lads, you've been through the hoops yourselves in recent times so some joy should be just around the corner for you.

franklin2323

Immortal

I wouldn't drop him but would have the pack like this:

Tamou
Egan
Fish
Kikau
Yeo
Kenny

Luai
RCG
Leota
Cartwright

OldPanther

Coach
Watching the Titans game again. It's a worry because we dominated at the start but it took 30 minutes to get the first try funny enough in the exact moment Egan came on and touched the ball. He didn't directly cause the try or anything but we should've had more by then and it's a worry we didn't.

franklin2323

Immortal
Watching the Titans game again. It's a worry because we dominated at the start but it took 30 minutes to get the first try funny enough in the exact moment Egan came on and touched the ball. He didn't directly cause the try or anything but we should've had more by then and it's a worry we didn't.

Was the same story as most games bombed more tries then we score. The 1st 30 mins Naden and Maloney bombed tries