What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Newcastle Knights finish in 2019?

Where will the Newcastle Knights finish in 2019?

• Total voters

NK Arsenal

Juniors
How many minimum points do you think will be needed this year to make the 8? Last year it was 32. I know some years its been as low as 28.
I think it will be a 12-12 record with decent F/A kind of year

Manly, Cowboys, Tigers, Parra and Brisbane to fight it out for the last 2 spots.

I only see the Storm, Roosters and Warriors* as games we should genuinely be worried about losing. The rest of the draw is quiet easy

*Only due to no origin players, and them having a good record this time of year. Pearce deserves a NSW call up but if he doesn’t I think we will beat them.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Teams form changes all the time. Look at Panthers yesterday. Hopefully ours can continue but unfortunately I am expecting a bit of a slump to happen for us.
I will be happy if we make top 6.

Knight Vision

First Grade
after the loss last night we will finish just out of the 8.- my guess is on 28 points.

We cannot afford to lose more than 2 more games and still have a hope.In fact 2 more games and we still might miss the 8 on PD.

I factored the possibility of losses to Roosters, Manly, Panthers. We also play Tigers x 2. I didnt factor in losses to warriors and bulldogs

We could not afford losses to the Warriors and Bulldogs.

Yosh

Coach
Weird season. I would put us up there with the best 4 or 5 teams but can't seem to consistently get the 2 points. Some weird decisions by Brown and a couple of brain explosions on the field might really cost us a top 8 finish. Tragic really.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Weird season. I would put us up there with the best 4 or 5 teams but can't seem to consistently get the 2 points. Some weird decisions by Brown and a couple of brain explosions on the field might really cost us a top 8 finish. Tragic really.
So true. When we are on our game we look unbeatable some weeks.
Hopefully this loss will be a similar wake up call like the Titans loss. I’ve got no doubt we will make the 8 if we play to our potential.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Last game of the year against Penrith away. Could decide who gets in the 8?
very possible that 28 points could be the cut off for the 8 this year with lots of clubs viable. PD will decide most places as many clubs will finish on the same points again this year. Thankfully we have a better PD than most......so far at least.

footy75

Bench
losing to bulldogs and warriors at home... absolute tragedy.

completely changed things now.

dog fight with panthers and sharks for last 2 spots.

Silent Knight

First Grade
losing to bulldogs and warriors at home... absolute tragedy.

completely changed things now.

dog fight with panthers and sharks for last 2 spots.

Tragedy is the right word. The sad thing is if we were on our game and playing to the standard that we did against better opposition like Souths and the Roosters, we should have easily accounted for these teams. They weren't that well regarded before we came up against them, they have minimal to no chance of making the top 8 but we simply reverted back to bad old habits and let them get the points. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves.

I know we had our Origin players out, but we still had enough class to get the job done. And we didn't. A tragedy. If we don't make the top 8 this year, it will go down as a worse kick-in-the-guts than the spoon years. At least the expectation and the reality were the same during those years.

Yosh

Coach
I don't know how it is a tragedy... We have been triple wooden spooners and pretty much the worst team in the comp the ast decade. We can't suddenly expect us to be a top four side.

I think getting top eight is a great step for us. We aren't going to win the finals anyway this year so wherever we finish on the table isn't as big an issue. Playing finals footy will be an invaluable experience for the youngsters and will definitely help out finals runs in the next couple of years but we have Pearce and Klemmer and Glasby who have played in the highest levels and will be there to guide the team.

I sincerely hope we do make the right because it'll be exciting as nuggets but even if we don't I wouldn't rate our season a tragedy.

footy75

Bench
I don't know how it is a tragedy... We have been triple wooden spooners and pretty much the worst team in the comp the ast decade. We can't suddenly expect us to be a top four side.

I think getting top eight is a great step for us. We aren't going to win the finals anyway this year so wherever we finish on the table isn't as big an issue. Playing finals footy will be an invaluable experience for the youngsters and will definitely help out finals runs in the next couple of years but we have Pearce and Klemmer and Glasby who have played in the highest levels and will be there to guide the team.

I sincerely hope we do make the right because it'll be exciting as nuggets but even if we don't I wouldn't rate our season a tragedy.

Being perfectly placed then wasting it all by losing at home to who were the bottom side the Bulldogs and then the Warriors at home is a tragedy.