What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

no name

Coach
What about old mate thinking that Hughesy and Tunksy have any sort of pull at the NRL? Telling them they need to march down there and sort the game out.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Why doesn't Dawwen from Souffs call much any more?

Always worth his snippets about Souffs' SG Ball double header or a Bronco Djura and Charlie Saab runaround in the Under 23s in 1981.

big hit!

Bench
Home with the flu and have been listening since the start of the show today. I feel like breaking things. Absolute f**kwit callers that sprout shit on this show. The only thing that must get Hughes and Tunksy through each day is knowing they get paid.

TonyT6

Bench
Why doesn't Dawwen from Souffs call much any more?

Always worth his snippets about Souffs' SG Ball double header or a Bronco Djura and Charlie Saab runaround in the Under 23s in 1981.
Darren rang once to say he had driven to Melbourne to support the Souths under 20’s in a semi and they got poeleaxed by 50 odd.

I didn't mind Dawwen. He was passionate about his club and the game. Wasn't one of those one-eyed fevered egos that rang up and thought they knew everything about the game. One of the very few callers that the Talkin' Sport boys seemed to enjoy speaking to as well.

Generalzod

Immortal
I didn't mind Dawwen. He was passionate about his club and the game. Wasn't one of those one-eyed fevered egos that rang up and thought they knew everything about the game. One of the very few callers that the Talkin' Sport boys seemed to enjoy speaking to as well.
I remember him ringing up a couple of days after Souths won their premiership being so happy about it, he finished of the conversation with I hope that Sharks can win one for their fans, so that can experience what it means to win the comp..

Last edited:
I remember him ringing up a couple of days after Souths one their premiership being so happy about it, he finished of the conversation with I hope that Sharks can win one for their fans, so that can experience what it means to win the comp..

Yeah he didn't sound like a MENSA candidate, just an honest, simple fella who loved the game. I'd take callers like him every day of the week over the wankers who ring up 6 beers deep and want to rant.

Mr Saab

Referee
Anyone heard this Billy flog call the show? Rants that origin is rigged & that the players are not like the old days where they didn't get paid in origin like today's players do. They are pampered & don't even tie their own shoes. Billy obviously didn't take Commerce in yr 7 with regards to simple business.

Suitman

Post Whore
The boys interviewing Gav Robbo atm for the first time since his diagnosis.
He doesn't sound well. Poor bugger.

No matter what opinions we all have of him, I wish him all the best. It must be hell going through something like this, and not just for him, but for all those close to him.
Get well soon Gav.

taipan

Referee
What about old mate thinking that Hughesy and Tunksy have any sort of pull at the NRL? Telling them they need to march down there and sort the game out.

They certainly have plenty of pull.Don't know about the NRL though.

Generalzod

Immortal
The boys interviewing Gav Robbo atm for the first time since his diagnosis.
He doesn't sound well. Poor bugger.

No matter what opinions we all have of him, I wish him all the best. It must be hell going through something like this, and not just for him, but for all those close to him.
Get well soon Gav.
Yep he currently under going a cycle of radio therapy and once he finishes he'll be doing a cycle of chemo therapy...Seeing my dearly departed mother go through Chemo therapy you wouldn't want to wish it on your worst enemy.

no name

Coach
I was glad to hear the results of the latest Moto Gp results fron Brno Czech Republic, thanks Bruiser.
I love Bruiser for the fact he grates on Hughes and the fact that if people whinge about the show being too RL based, Hughes tells them to ring and discuss other sports.

Bruiser is the only one who takes that advice to regularly ring and corners Hughes with his own words.

Generalzod

Immortal
I love Bruiser for the fact he grates on Hughes and the fact that if people whinge about the show being too RL based, Hughes tells them to ring and discuss other sports.

Bruiser is the only one who takes that advice to regularly ring and corners Hughes with his own words.
Surely he must realise they don’t really care actually they laughing at him..

Latest posts