What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"South East QLD Titans"

Marlins

Juniors
South Queensland Titans isn’t the worst name, but they definitely have to Remain on the Coast. Maybe take 2/3 games to Suncorp, maybe 1/2 to either/both sunny coast and/or Redcliffe, and the rest stay on the GC.

kdalymc

Bench
i just dont like it because Brisbane IS IN South QLD, i would hate to go down the American route..
Houston played Texas the other day in the baseball.....

BadnMean

Juniors
Is this some ploy by the Broncos (who have choked RL in Qld for decades) to wriggle out of ever having a 2nd Brisbane team whilst simultaneously ensuring the nearest other team -GC- remains a stinking mess with no real home or status in the game?

ReddFelon

Juniors
South Queensland Titans isn’t the worst name, but they definitely have to Remain on the Coast. Maybe take 2/3 games to Suncorp, maybe 1/2 to either/both sunny coast and/or Redcliffe, and the rest stay on the GC.

The video on 9's Facebook page says 8 games at Suncorp which I assume means the remaining home games at CBUS.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Is this some ploy by the Broncos (who have choked RL in Qld for decades) to wriggle out of ever having a 2nd Brisbane team whilst simultaneously ensuring the nearest other team -GC- remains a stinking mess with no real home or status in the game?

giphy.gif

beave

Coach
Well with that now sourced, I hope it happens. A second Brisbane team without expansion means Perth are all but guaranteed entry into the NRL.

GC moving to brisbane doesn’t really help Perth’s cause IMO. The game needs 2 teams to create more content for broadcasters to justify a rise in the tv deals. They’d still have to create 2 teams even if the Titans move to Brisbane IMO.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Should end up with cheaper rent.

QLD government want their Stadium used.

Nice PR.

Fake threat.

Spot on, the Titans are in the process of getting a better stadium deal from the government so this is just an empty threat.

Has everyone forgotten already that Parramatta threatened a similar thing earlier this year when negotiating their stadium deal.

ram raid

Bench
From now on, I think the only good thing the Titans could do would be inspire their dormant fans to get behind the team with their presence like the Melbourne fans did when when they were in their black days. But from what I'm hearing that's not likely to happen.

ReddFelon

Juniors
GC moving to brisbane doesn’t really help Perth’s cause IMO. The game needs 2 teams to create more content for broadcasters to justify a rise in the tv deals. They’d still have to create 2 teams even if the Titans move to Brisbane IMO.
It helps in the sense that it ends the four teams for Queensland push. If this "9 wants 17 teams" thing turns out to be true then Perth gets the spot either way.

dogslife

Coach
They could play double headers at Suncorp every week with the Broncos.

And they still wouldn't fill it.