What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced we aren't paying some towards DWZ and Blake next year. So not expecting much on the recruitment front... Happy to be proved wrong though

I think you’re missing my point, I don’t expect much either, but if Maloney goes there has to be around 1 million in cap space. So theoretically we could make a big signing.

Panfa

Juniors
Luai will start at 5/8 next yr but i reckon our long term 5/8 should be burton hes a natural 5/8 got all the skills running game passing step hes tall quick burton and cleary would be our best combo.

OldPanther

Coach
He is but some would be TPA's and also RCG is rumoured to have a backended deal. So how much is actual cap space come 2021? Throw in paying some towards DWZ and Blake next season.

Not sure come next year. There's word RCG has the back ended deal you mentioned. Apparently Cleary deal goes up. May or may not be paying DWZ and Blake. I would hate to have to run the cap.

mxlegend99

Referee
He is but some would be TPA's and also RCG is rumoured to have a backended deal. So how much is actual cap space come 2021? Throw in paying some towards DWZ and Blake next season.
Jimmy doesnt have any TPAs in his deal. The club and Jimmy screwed up when trading Moylan for Jimmy. We/He mentioned waiting for Moylans TPAs to be transferred which obviously meant they weren't arms length third party deals.

That's why we had to offload Leilani Latu.

Jimmy is supposedly on ~$850k. Figure is what the media had him on. Which compared to the going rate for experienced halves these days is actually probably unders.

Hooker & Fullback get talked about a bit as positions we need to look at, are there any players people would like to see targeted? I’d add as well I’d love to see us sign a tall & quick winger.

The way I see it someone doesn’t really have to be off contract to be a potential signing anymore.

The one hooker I’d like to see us sign is Cameron McInnes, two options at fullback that could fit the bill for what we’re after is Moylan or Shaun Johnson. But not on ridiculous money.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Hooker & Fullback get talked about a bit as positions we need to look at, are there any players people would like to see targeted? I’d add as well I’d love to see us sign a tall & quick winger.

The way I see it someone doesn’t really have to be off contract to be a potential signing anymore.

The one hooker I’d like to see us sign is Cameron McInnes, two options at fullback that could fit the bill for what we’re after is Moylan or Shaun Johnson. But not on ridiculous money.
Moylan is a 6 and SJ is everything people claim Moylan is

Kilkenny

Coach

Front Rower and quality winger/centre.

We got fullback covered and I’m happy to run with the hookers we’ve got for the time being.

Dave's mate

Juniors
His better position may be 6, but he could play a good role for us at FB.

SJ hasn’t been working for the Sharks in the halves, playing at FB could give him a spark. He’s played there before.
SJ legitimately hides when a game is in the balance. Yes he has talent but hes too old to be punting on now imo

SJ legitimately hides when a game is in the balance. Yes he has talent but hes too old to be punting on now imo

Fullback would force him to get involved more, not sure he’s too old. He’s only 28. I’m talking a 2 year deal for the balance of his Sharks contract with them paying some of his money.

franklin2323

Immortal

I think we need another prop. Our bench still looks week and some old heads in depth positions you mentioned. For example Sam Williams to replace Maloney need depth

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure come next year. There's word RCG has the back ended deal you mentioned. Apparently Cleary deal goes up. May or may not be paying DWZ and Blake. I would hate to have to run the cap.

That is why I can't see anyone of note coming. That said even $300-400k will improve the roster

I think we need another prop. Our bench still looks week and some old heads in depth positions you mentioned. For example Sam Williams to replace Maloney need depth

Sam Williams would be a good backup.

Gotta say I disagree with another prop.

RCG
Tamou
Leota
JFH
Hetherington (assuming he’s staying)
Leniu

And then we have Mckendry or Grant we could keep on one year deals.

NRL360 just announced that Josh Reynolds has been told by the Wests Tigers that he is free to negotiate with other clubs.

Given that Ivan brought him across from the Bulldogs, do you think he would make a play to bring him across to Penrith?

franklin2323

Immortal
Sam Williams would be a good backup.

Gotta say I disagree with another prop.

RCG
Tamou
Leota
JFH
Hetherington (assuming he’s staying)
Leniu

And then we have Mckendry or Grant we could keep on one year deals.

Going into the season with only Luai/Cleary as halves in the squad I see as a risk.

Leinu is unproven. Hetherington has shown to be unreliable so far. So probably need an older consistent prop for a season until those guy develop further.

Status
Not open for further replies.