What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
NRL360 just announced that Josh Reynolds has been told by the Wests Tigers that he is free to negotiate with other clubs.

Given that Ivan brought him across from the Bulldogs, do you think he would make a play to bring him across to Penrith?

Not on that sort of money. But if could get WT paying most of it then I'd get him as a hooker

Going into the season with only Luai/Cleary as halves in the squad I see as a risk.

Leinu is unproven. Hetherington has shown to be unreliable so far. So probably need an older consistent prop for a season until those guy develop further.

That’s easy then, we could sign Grant of McKendry for a steal. No need to look elsewhere. That’d give us 7 props, we only started this year with 6.

Panfa

Juniors
Spencer leniu is the prop we have been desperately looking for no need to go out and spend big on a hargraves hes too ill disciplined.We have 2 tall young fast winger/centres in stephen chrichton and brayden mcgrady who could replace mansour next season.Im happy with egan and kenny as our 2 hookers going forward no need for reynolds unless you want him as a utility type player.Edwards deserves 1st crack at fullback if he struggles you have laurie 1st choice then staines.5/8 id start with luai but he needs to play more straight hes too erratic and keeps running left and right ruining our attack .Other 5/8 options include nsw under 20s rep matt burton tyrone may reynolds or peach.

franklin2323

Immortal
That’s easy then, we could sign Grant of McKendry for a steal. No need to look elsewhere. That’d give us 7 props, we only started this year with 6.

You'd think the 17 named this week will be the top 17 next year. Martin in for Maloney the only change. How the rest of the squad is filled is key for how we go

franklin2323

Immortal
Spencer leniu is the prop we have been desperately looking for no need to go out and spend big on a hargraves hes too ill disciplined.We have 2 tall young fast winger/centres in stephen chrichton and brayden mcgrady who could replace mansour next season.Im happy with egan and kenny as our 2 hookers going forward no need for reynolds unless you want him as a utility type player.Edwards deserves 1st crack at fullback if he struggles you have laurie 1st choice then staines.5/8 id start with luai but he needs to play more straight hes too erratic and keeps running left and right ruining our attack .Other 5/8 options include nsw under 20s rep matt burton tyrone may reynolds or peach.

No issue with any of that in theory but need more experience so can keep a few of those guys in development deals

Luai ruining the attack? Hard to ruin something that isn’t good to begin with, even harder to ruin it with two try assists & a close third.

You seem to have a lot of confidence in those coming through, I think it’s folly not to look at some outside options. Particularly a fullback or Hooker. We lack creativity, Edwards, Egan & Kenny all have good points, but they haven’t shown a lot in creating attacking opportunities. None of them are good enough to not have a look at outside options.

OldPanther

Coach
We lack creativity, Edwards, Egan & Kenny all have good points, but they haven’t shown a lot in creating attacking opportunities.

giphy.gif

The mythical try assist within the opposition 20m. They are like unicorns for us. Luai got 2 on the weekend. Egan has shown the willingness to have a dig. Just need to teach Edwards how to pass a ball. Cleary can get repeat sets.

soc123_au

Staff member
Reynolds on the right coin would be handy. Good halves back up & we need some grub with Dallin gone.

Abacus

Juniors
The one hooker I’d like to see us sign is Cameron McInnes, two options at fullback that could fit the bill for what we’re after is Moylan or Shaun Johnson. But not on ridiculous money
Wow. I wouldn't sign any of those 3. Not sure why McInnes gets wraps. There are only 3 hookers that I'd look to sign from other clubs: Cook, Brandon Smith or Hodgson. If you're after a smokey, then Koroisau or Turpin.

Sharks look like they've stuffed their cap for the next couple of years so I wouldn't be taking Moylan or Johnson. If we're after a utility I'd take Capewell from the Sharks. But for fullbacks Brimson is off contract after 2020 - if the Titans cap is in a mess and they're trying to keep Arrow, AJ might be in play.

Fangs

Coach
Egan had his first run out of dummy half all year and it came against a lazy Titans outfit. We can't look at that and suddenly think our issues are solved.

I'd release Egan and Katoa in a heartbeat if it meant getting a first grade hooker.

OldPanther

Coach
Egan had his first run out of dummy half all year and it came against a lazy Titans outfit. We can't look at that and suddenly think our issues are solved.

I'd release Egan and Katoa in a heartbeat if it meant getting a first grade hooker.

Katoa is gone next year anyway and Egan is coming back from injury. There's been clear improvement in him each week.

giphy.gif

The mythical try assist within the opposition 20m. They are like unicorns for us. Luai got 2 on the weekend. Egan has shown the willingness to have a dig. Just need to teach Edwards how to pass a ball. Cleary can get repeat sets.

It’s not about passing, it’s about vision. Edwards just isn’t that type of player.

Egan has 2 try assists in his 23 games.

Wow. I wouldn't sign any of those 3. Not sure why McInnes gets wraps. There are only 3 hookers that I'd look to sign from other clubs: Cook, Brandon Smith or Hodgson. If you're after a smokey, then Koroisau or Turpin.

Sharks look like they've stuffed their cap for the next couple of years so I wouldn't be taking Moylan or Johnson. If we're after a utility I'd take Capewell from the Sharks. But for fullbacks Brimson is off contract after 2020 - if the Titans cap is in a mess and they're trying to keep Arrow, AJ might be in play.

Brandon Smith I’d love, but his big body may see his future at lock.

The Sharks salary cap is exactly why someone like Moylan or Johnson might become available. I’d only be taking them if the sharks paid a significant amount of their deals. Brimson is a great suggestion, although despite being a former half he looks more like a ball runner. My preference is for a ball playing fullback.

Crashtest

Juniors

franklin2323

Immortal

I think the 17 we have this week with Martin in for Maloney will be the 17 come round 1 next year.

It is solid but not what you would call great. So for me we need to bring in depth guys with a high ceiling just incase. Guys like Turpin, Tavita-Harris etc.

Assuming Maloney goes we sit currently with no backup centre, halves or hooker. As good as the flegg boys look they won't be FG ready yet. Put them in development deals

OldPanther

Coach
But he’s simply not good enough to demand the 9 jersey next season. If there’s someone out there better you have to look at it.

If we can sign a genuinely good 9 I'd be all for it, I just don't see it happening.

It’s not about passing, it’s about vision. Edwards just isn’t that type of player.

Egan has 2 try assists in his 23 games.

That makes sense with Edwards. I can cop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts