What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 110 50.7%

• Total voters

T.S Quint

Coach
In their one grand final appearance without Cam Smith they were smashed 40-blot. Possibly just coincidence but it's a hell of a correlation.

Incredibly small sample size.
They also got smashed in last year’s GF with Cameron Smith in the team (Slater as well).
Doesn’t mean they aren’t a great team who are well coached. Can’t win them all.

By the way, I f**king hate Bellamy, Smith and the whole Storm organisation. Would love to see them fall into a heap some day soon. That day just doesn’t seem to be coming though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Besides the Roosters the Storm still have easily the best squad on paper, helped by all Dat sweet TPA cash.........

Iff Bellamy was the coach everyone wanked on about he would of left the Storm for a challenge. Even Bennett left the Donkeys and their Bronco Dollars. But no the safety of Cammillions bosom and TPA’s it is.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Besides the Roosters the Storm still have easily the best squad on paper, helped by all Dat sweet TPA cash.........

Iff Bellamy was the coach everyone wanked on about he would of left the Storm for a challenge. Even Bennett left the Donkeys and their Bronco Dollars. But no the safety of Cammillions bosom and TPA’s it is.
That's geniused logic. Bennett left because he burnt his bridges at the Broncos on more than one occasion.

Bellamy doesn't have to coach at another club to find a challenge. Plenty of challenges involved with replacing the caliber of players that have left the club over the years.

You'd never hear anyone bag Sir Alex Ferguson for staying at a highly successful Man U club for as long as he did.

I get that Bellamy's a merkin but credit where its due.

T.S Quint

Coach
So if Smith hadn't played you reckon the result would've turned out better for them?

Logic suggests no.
Logic also suggests that Manly would have pasted a massive score on Melbourne in that GF whether Smith was playing or not. Manly were fantastic that year while Storm only scraped into the GF.

And now I can't even remember what my original point was.
f**k. What am I even arguing?

T.S Quint

Coach
That's geniused logic. Bennett left because he burnt his bridges at the Broncos on more than one occasion.

Bellamy doesn't have to coach at another club to find a challenge. Plenty of challenges involved with replacing the caliber of players that have left the club over the years.

You'd never hear anyone bag Sir Alex Ferguson for staying at a highly successful Man U club for as long as he did.

I get that Bellamy's a merkin but credit where its due.

If I've got myself a cushy job where I get all the resources I could want plus a competitive salary and great yearly results, there's not much chance I'm going to leave.

"Finding a new challenge" is just media speak for "My job is shit and I'm going to get out before they sack me".

Kornstar

Coach
In their one grand final appearance without Cam Smith they were smashed 40-blot. Possibly just coincidence but it's a hell of a correlation.

So if Smith hadn't played you reckon the result would've turned out better for them?

Logic suggests no.
Logic also suggests that Manly would have pasted a massive score on Melbourne in that GF whether Smith was playing or not. Manly were fantastic that year while Storm only scraped into the GF.

I think the result is different in the fact that Bellamy and Waldron spent the week bitching about Smith missing the GF (as he was charged and suspended correctly) and how unfair it was.

If they actually focused on the rest of the team and you know, the biggest game of the year then maybe the result would have been closer.

Further to that, if Smith did play then they wouldn't have had to try and play the victim all week and prepared much better for the game.

Bazal

Post Whore
Logic suggests no.

Pou-S Quint

Gronk

Staff member
Remember when it was Paul Green who knew how to coach and BA had no f**king idea ? Good times.

Avenger

Immortal
Green can coach, he is just stale which BA will be one day with us if not already. I'll do my final assessment in the semis when I see his tactics and the bench rotations. Then I will do my final flip or flop.