What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Reynolds - GONER

Tiger Ted

Bench
S I can only think that it's going to be Brooks & Madden but certainly with me, there's not much belief that Brooks will ever be the ówner''of the team
There’s greater probability that hell will freeze over than Brooks ever becoming an effective owner of the team.We need a gun game manager(post Benji) so Brooks can specifically concentrate on being a running 5/8.

Unless Brooks improves markedly over the next few yrs we’d have rocks in our heads to re-sign him.Hes transparently a dumb player who is deadset uncoachable.He should count his lucky stars this moronic club has continued to throw good money after mediocrity like him based on the illusion he’d realise the potential from his junior days.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Ben Ikin may know a thing or two.

It was a good post but I disagree. I've watched him. He has had some okay games but not great ones. I get that he can play but he has been a terrible signing. I agree with Madge when he says he has to get his body right. If he can play a couple of games in reserve grade and get some form great. It just doesn't look likely.

Honestly do you think he has earned his pay packet ? I think our no 1 problem has always been cap management and this is one of those bad signings.

I'd be stoked to see him turn it around.

WA Tiger

Bench
Did u think climbing out of this hole was going to be pain free. And there’s more pain to come..We’ve got 200k we didn’t have before... and as much an amazing guy Reynolds may be or good for culture or even if he could maybe help on the field any objective responsible New Coach with no favourites would see him as next cab off the rank....They wouldn’t have taken this decision lightly ...All the people that matter would have been in on the discussion and had a plan that just didn’t include him for the betterment of the club Long Term. Short term plans don’t solve anything unless absolutely necessary..

Tiger05

First Grade
There’s greater probability that hell will freeze over than Brooks ever becoming an effective owner of the team.We need a gun game manager(post Benji) so Brooks can specifically concentrate on being a running 5/8.

Unless Brooks improves markedly over the next few yrs we’d have rocks in our heads to re-sign him.Hes transparently a dumb player who is deadset uncoachable.He should count his lucky stars this moronic club has continued to throw good money after mediocrity like him based on the illusion he’d realise the potential from his junior days.

I'm starting to think Brooks needs to improve as well. I'm not even sure if just having him as a runner will work. He'll have to kick the bloody thing at times.

I don't know what we need but I don't think our forwards are crap. I reckon we need another good forward or two but the big problem is we can't score points even when we look like we are playing footy. Our halves look okay but Benji looks like the guy that is creating space. We need some outside backs.

Pezz70

Juniors

Are you related to Mitch Moses?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Did u think climbing out of this hole was going to be pain free. And there’s more pain to come..We’ve got 200k we didn’t have before... and as much an amazing guy Reynolds may be or good for culture or even if he could maybe help on the field any objective responsible New Coach with no favourites would see him as next cab off the rank....They wouldn’t have taken this decision lightly ...All the people that matter would have been in on the discussion and had a plan that just didn’t include him for the betterment of the club Long Term. Short term plans don’t solve anything unless absolutely necessary..
I like Reynolds as he has integrity but I totally agree with Madge on this one as his decision making is based on optimising the expenditure of the cap.The 200-300k which will b released will b redirected towards a value for money purchase with much upside.We r undoubtedly heading in the right direction.Notwithstanding the numerous cap constraints Madge inherited I’m expecting a massive improvement in ‘20 with the addition of some gun youngsters to the top 17 especially in the backline.

Btw Reynolds will b easier to shift than Packer albeit at a massive discount.

Pezz70

Juniors
I'm starting to think Brooks needs to improve as well. I'm not even sure if just having him as a runner will work. He'll have to kick the bloody thing at times.

I don't know what we need but I don't think our forwards are crap. I reckon we need another good forward or two but the big problem is we can't score points even when we look like we are playing footy. Our halves look okay but Benji looks like the guy that is creating space. We need some outside backs.

Out of the no 7’s playing this week
Brooks is first in the NRL for average total run metres per game, 1st for number of touches, 5th for tackle busts, 2nd for offloads, =3rd for average kick metres, his only ordinary stat is line breaks (this tells you the pack aren’t making enough ground), less than 1 error per game. 2nd in try assists, they are pretty good stats for a half playing in an ordinary team

Shredder

Juniors
Brooks doesn't have much improvement in him. Hes already at over a hundred first grade games, hes not a young fella making his mark, hes already made it. Additional to the stats right above hes also the Daly M half of the year.

In a team doing better he would shine more, but you cant have the smallest guy on the field doing everything.

I strongly suspect that Madden is being groomed as a first grade half. Hes already in the top 30 and they had huge wraps on him in Newcastle.

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks doesn't have much improvement in him. Hes already at over a hundred first grade games, hes not a young fella making his mark, hes already made it. Additional to the stats right above hes also the Daly M half of the year.

In a team doing better he would shine more, but you cant have the smallest guy on the field doing everything.

I strongly suspect that Madden is being groomed as a first grade half. Hes already in the top 30 and they had huge wraps on him in Newcastle.

Brooks is 24 his best days are ahead of him

Tiger05,
I disagree. I've watched him. He has had some okay games but not great ones.
He has played 9 games (and that's my point) and they have been far better than 'some okay' and the great ones, that's Johns, Cronk, Langer, Thurston etc who play the great ones.

I totally agree with Madge on this one as his decision making is based on optimising the expenditure of the cap.The 200-300k which will b released will b redirected towards a value for money purchase with much upside.
I agree with you Tiger Ted, it's a business and they are making the right decision.

Out of the no 7’s playing this week
wow Pezz, they are impressive stats - we Tiger supports see things differently though to the coaching staff and the stats guys.

Going forward, I wonder if Madge sees plenty in the young guys coming through?
Just because you made the Aust Schoolboys Team doesn't guarantee that you will make it as a NRL 1st grader but, the Tigers have Zac Cini, Jock Madden (capt), Tom Talau from last years team coming through. Surround them with experience, challenge them (like Tom, I challenge you to give us better results in the next 4 weeks than Jennings and the position is yours) but they need forwards to lay the platform.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Are you related to Mitch Moses?
I detest the shitbag but his game management skills have improved while Brooks hasn’t been able to take this aspect of a no. 7’s game to the next level.He simply doesn’t possess the innate capacity to b the organiser.With the attributes of defence & speed Id luv to c Brooks get a shot at no.9.

WA Tiger

Bench
Brooks is 24 his best days are ahead of him
You can’t argue with those stats on Brooke’s that you posted...They are impressive ...I’m not going to say which side I’m on right here..However the stat Im more interested in here is the “Key Moments” stat ...I’m going to be watching out for them against the Raiders...so we can settle this once and for all .....To me the “Key Moments” are when an opportunity arises he sees it and as a result of him seeing it .. he kicks behind instead of passing or visa versa ...he does a cut out pass instead of normal pass or visa versa ....he does a no look short pass instead of the expected pass where he’s looking ....he kicks high kicks low kicks whatever ..All Because He Sees It and acts accordingly as the best option...Not Because He Hasn’t Done It For a While....If he sees it and reacts accordingly 1 missed opportunities should be minimised, 2 himself or another will score a try or repeat set or 3 himself or another will gain significant metres as a result.....obviously opportunities arnt on every play and he has no choice but to be going through the motions at times but throughout a game they are there and it’s his job to see them and not miss them...Obviously we all make some mistakes ...But let’s look for those key moments against the raiders and look for those outcomes I mentioned as a result of what he does..I know that’s a big responsibility but that’s why he’s there...

Last edited:
I detest the shitbag but his game management skills have improved while Brooks hasn’t been able to take this aspect of a no. 7’s game to the next level.He simply doesn’t possess the innate capacity to b the organiser.With the attributes of defence & speed Id luv to c Brooks get a shot at no.9.

Only when his team is doing the job around him. When Parra are awful, Moses is awful.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Back to the Bulldogs.

You pay for it, they pay for us to have Woods.

Rooster officially pay Teddy $4ph.

Love this cap stuff.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has ruled out any interest in signing unwanted Tigers half Josh Reynolds as a replacement for James Maloney at the end of the season.
Speculation continues to rise that Maloney will leave the NRL to play in England in 2020, but Cleary has confirmed the Panthers are not interested in bringing Reynolds to the club as a replacement.

“No, if Jimmy does move on we’ll pretty much be bringing guys through that we’ve grown,” he told media on Thursday.

“Jimmy’s price tag is not easy to fill either, so you can’t exactly have that hanging around.”

Cleary signed Reynolds to the Wests Tigers at the end of 2017 on a big-money deal, but after just nine games for the club, he has been told he is free to look for a new club in 2020.

The former NSW Origin half has been dealing with multiple injuries over the past two seasons, and playing reserve grade for the Tigers in the meantime.

Cleary said he feels sorry for the popular 30-year-old.

“I don’t know the details either. I feel for him that he hasn’t been able to play,” Cleary said.

“He’s had a wretched few years now really. He probably went through most of his career injury free where he played a lot of footy.

“That happens to people sometimes. I haven’t spoken to him much lately.

“He was playing really well early in the year.

This was all part of Evil Ivan's long-term plan to screw us over...

Tiger Ted

Bench
You can’t argue with those stats on Brooke’s that you posted...They are impressive ...I’m not going to say which side I’m on right here..However the stat Im more interested in here is the “Key Moments” stat ...I’m going to be watching out for them against the Raiders...so we can settle this once and for all .....To me the “Key Moments” are when an opportunity arises he sees it and as a result of him seeing it .. he kicks behind instead of passing or visa versa ...he does a cut out pass instead of normal pass or visa versa ....he does a no look short pass instead of the expected pass where he’s looking ....he kicks high kicks low kicks whatever ..All Because He Sees It and acts accordingly as the best option...Not Because He Hasn’t Done It For a While....If he sees and reacts accordingly 1 missed opportunities should be minimised, 2 himself or another will score a try or repeat set or 3 himself or another will gain significant metres as a result.....obviously opportunities arnt on every play and he has no choice but to be going through the motions at times but throughout a game they are there and it’s his job to see them and not miss them...Obviously we all make some mistakes ...But let’s look for those key moments against the raiders and look for those outcomes I mentioned as a result of what he does..I know that’s a big responsibility but that’s why he’s there...
That’s exactly y he should never have had conferred on him the own the team task.The execution of key moments doesn’t come naturally to the introverted Brooks.Id luv to have seen Brooks play outside a high IQ game manager like Cronk or Thurston.

Das Hassler

Bench
Josh Reynolds has the highest integrity of anyone in the game. ..as catastrophic as his 2 years here has been i'm still glad he has been part of the place. He's given everything he could give on and off the field and i dont think there would be anyone from WT chairman down who wanted more to contribute to building WT into something special. I hope he ends up back at the bulldogs after the hits he's taken ...football and personal...he deserves a great closeout to his football career.

Pezz70

Juniors
Josh Reynolds has the highest integrity of anyone in the game. ..as catastrophic as his 2 years here has been i'm still glad he has been part of the place. He's given everything he could give on and off the field and i dont think there would be anyone from WT chairman down who wanted more to contribute to building WT into something special. I hope he ends up back at the bulldogs after the hits he's taken ...football and personal...he deserves a great closeout to his football career.
I guess it’s a case of rather than being a bad buy that he was a buy that has had no luck injury wise.

Choiboi

Juniors
He's all class IMO.

Reynolds still has two-and-a-bit years to run on his contract with the Tigers and has every right to remain at the club on a lucrative deal.

joshreynolds_1920x1080-1.jpg

However he’s indicated he will help free up salary cap space for the club and look for a new home in 2020.

Reynolds has nothing but admiration for the Tigers. He hasn’t kicked stones despite his demotion to the second-tier competition and was willing to bide his time trying to get back in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/18/sad-to-leave-tigers-reynolds-open-to-bulldogs-homecoming/