What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Reynolds - GONER

WA Tiger

Bench
He's all class IMO.

Reynolds still has two-and-a-bit years to run on his contract with the Tigers and has every right to remain at the club on a lucrative deal.

joshreynolds_1920x1080-1.jpg

However he’s indicated he will help free up salary cap space for the club and look for a new home in 2020.

Reynolds has nothing but admiration for the Tigers. He hasn’t kicked stones despite his demotion to the second-tier competition and was willing to bide his time trying to get back in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/18/sad-to-leave-tigers-reynolds-open-to-bulldogs-homecoming/
That’s what Graham was referring to when Reynolds left Belmore...Thats why everyone likes him...It appears Pascoe has been over-ruled by Madge...Coz he had backed Reynolds all the way when he returned..No shame in that from a CEO...

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
He is a good guy but we really need him off our books. I like the fact that Madge is making tough decisions. He has done that all season.

Tiger05

First Grade
Get f**ked, if we are paying 75% to play elsewhere I'd rather him stay. The last thing we should be doing is paying someone to play at a rival club AGAIN.

If it's the reverse however be my guest

I can't see anyone paying that amount. He may be stuck here.

Perth Tiger

Bench
What are the odds of Reynolds leaving and having an injury free year and Benji breaking down in the first 5 rounds on 2020.

Know the Tigers luck I would say near guaranteed.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Honestly the guy is all class, it's not his fault Ivan paid overs for him & his body has let him down. You can't fault the guy's commitment, it's obvious he gives 100%. I wish him nothing but the best whatever the future brings him. I'd have no hesitation in buying him a beer & shaking his hand if I ever ran into him at the pub. Hopefully the club can come to a beneficial situation for both parties & we can start to unravel Ivan's cap mess.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Reynolds, Packer, Mcqueen - get these 3 off our books and we almost have 2 million to spend next year. Blows my f**king mind that there is that much cash being wasted on players not contributing to the first grade team. With the release of Fonua, and the retirement of Farah, we could be looking at 2.5 million total. Even if we had to kick in half of Reynolds and Packers salaries (lets say $700k total). That's still 1.8 million we could spend for next year - an elite level player and two really solid first graders

Then we move into 2021, if our high paid players continue to not perform to Madge's standards they could much more easily be moved on given they are closer to the end of their contracts. Use that money to sign a halves partner for Brooks.

Put all this together and we will have a competitive team

It seems like we just got over that sh#t of paying players to play elsewhere, now we are about to do it all again thanks to some ordinary signings from previous coaches.
I like JR and think if he can remain injury free he could benefit our club ,but the likes of Packer, McQueen and Matulino are simply draining our salary cap without any hope of producing any significant performances consistently for the WT in the NRL.

It seems like we just got over that sh#t of paying players to play elsewhere, now we are about to do it all again thanks to some ordinary signings from previous coaches.
I like JR and think if he can remain injury free he could benefit our club ,but the likes of Packer, McQueen and Matulino are simply draining our salary cap without any hope of producing any significant performances consistently for the WT in the NRL.

Grub is finished at wt.

If we can get $200k a piece out of each of these and get someone with a pulse who can boot a goal, it’s money well spent.

We just have to walk past David Jones and get our players from the reject shop. We might bring home something that will actually work. But no tears when it breaks during unwrapping.

No threat till 2021, but let’s enjoy being on the up.

Honestly the guy is all class, it's not his fault Ivan paid overs for him & his body has let him down. You can't fault the guy's commitment, it's obvious he gives 100%. I wish him nothing but the best whatever the future brings him. I'd have no hesitation in buying him a beer & shaking his hand if I ever ran into him at the pub. Hopefully the club can come to a beneficial situation for both parties & we can start to unravel Ivan's cap mess.

I agree 100% mate. It's a f**ked situation. Reynolds has been relatively good in the games he has taken the field and everyone reckons he's a top bloke and consummate professional in his attitude toward footy. At the same time the club can't just sit on their hands and say that they are OK to have him floating between CC and the rehab ward. If we can find someone to take on 67% or more of his contract we should certainly entertain it.

That said whomever he pulls a jersey on for after he leaves Wests he'll leave the club in high regard for mine.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Great person that was victim of a colossal recruitment blunder by a moronic coach that has never been solid at recruitment.

He needs to go and I hope he finds a club where he is able to make an impact on the field.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/fdb2c9146f2bfcb77a7fc582d72b5245

Michael Maguire reveals why Reynolds can leave; hints at new Marshall deal

Josh Reynolds is leaving the Wests Tigers, and coach Michael Maguire has revealed why.

With over two years left on his contract, the halfback has been told he can look elsewhere.

Injuries have blighted his time at the Tigers, while the form of Benji Marshall and Luke Brooks is keeping him in reserve grade.

“He wants to be playing first grade,” said Maguire.

“Obviously with the knowledge of Benji potentially staying at the club, we had that conversation about him and what he wanted to do in the future he was keen to look around.

“But saying that he’s got a contract with us, so it’s another opportunity for him to see where he’s at.”

If Reynolds were unable to find a club, he would be well within his rights to remain at Concord. Maguire getting rid of the five-eighth, would not mess with the club’s salary cap plans.

“We can handle it, for sure, because it’s been planned for,” Maguire said when asked if Reynolds might not be able to move on. “At the end of the day you’re always looking at your salary cap and your list of players.

“And we’re not satisfied where we’re at as a group, as a team. We’re continually trying to improve us as a team.

“For Josh its an opportunity for him to go and see where he can go moving forward.

“At this moment with Benji and Broosky, they’re tied up those positions.”

“And obviously Grub (Reynolds) wants to play five-eighth, but Benji’s playing good footy.

Much has been spoken about Marshall’s career and whether he continued with the Tigers, with Maguire hinting an announcement is not far away.

“There’s an indication that he (Marshall) may (re-sign), but it doesn’t mean that he will,” Maguire added. “Benji has spoken about what he needs to do and get his head right to be able to play on another 12 months. I’ll let him make his decision around that in time.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/fdb2c9146f2bfcb77a7fc582d72b5245

Michael Maguire reveals why Reynolds can leave; hints at new Marshall deal

Josh Reynolds is leaving the Wests Tigers, and coach Michael Maguire has revealed why.

With over two years left on his contract, the halfback has been told he can look elsewhere.

Injuries have blighted his time at the Tigers, while the form of Benji Marshall and Luke Brooks is keeping him in reserve grade.

“He wants to be playing first grade,” said Maguire.

“Obviously with the knowledge of Benji potentially staying at the club, we had that conversation about him and what he wanted to do in the future he was keen to look around.

“But saying that he’s got a contract with us, so it’s another opportunity for him to see where he’s at.”

If Reynolds were unable to find a club, he would be well within his rights to remain at Concord. Maguire getting rid of the five-eighth, would not mess with the club’s salary cap plans.

“We can handle it, for sure, because it’s been planned for,” Maguire said when asked if Reynolds might not be able to move on. “At the end of the day you’re always looking at your salary cap and your list of players.

“And we’re not satisfied where we’re at as a group, as a team. We’re continually trying to improve us as a team.

“For Josh its an opportunity for him to go and see where he can go moving forward.

“At this moment with Benji and Broosky, they’re tied up those positions.”

“And obviously Grub (Reynolds) wants to play five-eighth, but Benji’s playing good footy.

Much has been spoken about Marshall’s career and whether he continued with the Tigers, with Maguire hinting an announcement is not far away.

“There’s an indication that he (Marshall) may (re-sign), but it doesn’t mean that he will,” Maguire added. “Benji has spoken about what he needs to do and get his head right to be able to play on another 12 months. I’ll let him make his decision around that in time.”

So we try to get rid of grub when benji is still not signed, settled and otherwise fit for 2020.

Benji himself says it’s taking him many days to recover. His body is a war zone.

He’s adjusted his game but when he plays, the defence knows he has no speed or power left in him.

I’d say they are both gone for 2020.

Nothing against either player but this reason above, logically, isn’t valid at all.

WA Tiger

Bench
I agree 100% mate. It's a f**ked situation. Reynolds has been relatively good in the games he has taken the field and everyone reckons he's a top bloke and consummate professional in his attitude toward footy. At the same time the club can't just sit on their hands and say that they are OK to have him floating between CC and the rehab ward. If we can find someone to take on 67% or more of his contract we should certainly entertain it.

That said whomever he pulls a jersey on for after he leaves Wests he'll leave the club in high regard for mine.
Reynolds may give us enough hard dough to pick up Jae Arrow ..Even for a lesser %.... It may be that close who knows ...or maybe for someone else

Tiger05

First Grade
Maybe this is just about trying to get rid of Reynolds. I assume Madge expects Benji to play on and will basically guarantee him his spot because he thinks he is better than Reynolds. If not Madge would still prefer some money in the cap.

Latest posts