What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

age.s

First Grade
We should absolutely be targeting the Titans for bargains. They have a ton of underperforming talent and are due a clean out with their incoming coach. They'll need to ship some of the freight as part of the process. Brimson and Arrow are my picks but there are plenty of other possibilities which would work at the right price as well.

Coast panther

Juniors
I rate brimson but with staines coming I wouldn’t bother, it’s arrow or Ryan James for me from the titans, if only boyd wasn’t a bud he looked an awesome prop at the raiders

I rate brimson but with staines coming I wouldn’t bother, it’s arrow or Ryan James for me from the titans, if only boyd wasn’t a bud he looked an awesome prop at the raiders

We shouldn’t be spending any big money on non spine players, other than perhaps a lock (so Arrow) but even then not until we’ve sorted out our spine.

There’s just not enough bang for your buck with those guys. No more big money props.

Coast panther

Juniors
Our spine is set basically we won’t bring in another fullback or 5/8 we got juniors to cover that, hooker may still be a problem but, arrow would be unreal at Penrith but I doubt it will happen titans have tabled a massive deal apparently

Our spine is set basically we won’t bring in another fullback or 5/8 we got juniors to cover that, hooker may still be a problem but, arrow would be unreal at Penrith but I doubt it will happen titans have tabled a massive deal apparently

We’re the second lowest scoring team in the comp, there’s no way we can look at our spine being set.

I know I talk about this a lot, but you simply can’t put your eggs into the juniors basket until they’ve played FG, and even then a full season at least.

There’s been so many juniors over the years that have killed it in the lower grades but then look very ordinary in FG.

martielang

Bench
I don’t mind Wallace but you’d still need decent money to get him & I don’t think you could afford him & Tamou, & no way I’d be turfing Tamou. Been terrific the last 18 months.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think that was more just Gus swapping players out approach, not necessarily the deals.

Granted not many we let go kicked on but that justifies the call to get rid them but also doubts why we signd them

Hiku perfect example was 22 signed to a 4 year deal lasted 18 months. Had we of gone elsewhere might of had more success

Merrin was good early on but let go with 3 years to go.

TMM 22 year old half so much faith that he and Cleary were the only halves in the squad.. Didn't last 2 years

I don’t mind Wallace but you’d still need decent money to get him & I don’t think you could afford him & Tamou, & no way I’d be turfing Tamou. Been terrific the last 18 months.

The big issue is RCG, don’t see how we can pay decent money for any prop whilst we have him.

Seriously needs to pull his finger out.

Kilkenny

Coach
Granted not many we let go kicked on but that justifies the call to get rid them but also doubts why we signd them

Hiku perfect example was 22 signed to a 4 year deal lasted 18 months. Had we of gone elsewhere might of had more success

Merrin was good early on but let go with 3 years to go.

TMM 22 year old half so much faith that he and Cleary were the only halves in the squad.. Didn't last 2 years

You can say the same for just about every side perhaps with the exception of the Storm & Roosters.

There were plenty of valid reasons why we signed the three players you mention above and they were released early for equally valid reasons.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can say the same for just about every side perhaps with the exception of the Storm & Roosters.

There were plenty of valid reasons why we signed the three players you mention above and they were released early for equally valid reasons.

No doubt they were but for me what happened in the year after Merrin was re-signed to when he left?

Could of been worse but could of been better. Most were good signings in theory but either were on too long deals or poorly selected for what was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts