What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

Bazal

Post Whore
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Gronk

Staff member
Well I went back to earlier rounds to see if merkins were quoting posts made during the live match after full time. It turns out that most of the posts generated and replies thereto after full time were posted after full time. So what in fact is the problem ? :thinking::lying_face:

Point 1: Correct.

Point 2: Not at all. It's only a thread. A thread to discuss the pro's and con's of a completed game, just like there is a thread discussing the pre-match team selection and all its relevant discussion.
I actually find all this saltiness rather amusing, over something that really is not such a big deal.
So you don't actually agree with locking the game day thread?

Bazal

Post Whore
Well I went back to earlier rounds to see if merkins were quoting posts made during the live match after full time. It turns out that most of the posts generated and replies thereto after full time were posted after full time. So what in fact is the problem ? :thinking::lying_face:

Well I went back too and came to the opposite conclusion, which I am also posted here without any proof...so there!

Suitman

Post Whore
If it's not a big deal why the need to change in the first place????

Rather than replying to someone who thinks I'm following him around this thread (untrue, although he has been the most outspoken and probably been the catalyst for most of the whinging), I thought I'd reply to you instead.
I still haven't heard a logical reason why it's a bad idea to separate game day thread to a post game thread. Some half arsed excuse about not being able to quote anything from the game day thread is hardly compelling evidence. Not much of it was done anyway, and if people are that determined to do so, it can still be done.

Example 1.
Hopefully we can spoil Benjis 300th

Fire up lads

That's from the 1st post in the game day thread. Took me all of 30 seconds to quote it.
You know yourself the amount of shite that gets sprouted throughout a game. From flood and famine to prosperity and back again.

Game day threads ride the emotions of the match and there is so much stupid pre-emptive shit posted that leaving it behind and starting afresh in a new thread, after the result is known, and emotions have settled makes perfect sense.

Why did we have 2 separate threads per game as per the old days? Why not just have one thread for the match and be done with it? Because the pre match thread had certain discussion, just as the game day thread did. Why is it any different then to discuss separately after the game, just like we do before?

I've got no problem with it. In fact, if people just talked about the game post match, like many have actually done, it wouldn't be an issue.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rather than replying to someone who thinks I'm following him around this thread (untrue, although he has been the most outspoken and probably been the catalyst for most of the whinging), I thought I'd reply to you instead.
I still haven't heard a logical reason why it's a bad I idea to separate game day thread to a post game thread. Some half arsed excuse about not being able to quote anything from the game day thread is hardly compelling evidence. Not much of it was done anyway, and if people are that determined to do so, it can still be done.

Example 1.

That's from the 1st post in the game day thread. Took me all of 30 seconds to quote it.
You know yourself the amount of shite that gets sprouted throughout a game. From flood and famine to prosperity and back again.

Game day threads ride the emotions of the match and there is so much stupid pre-emptive shit posted that leaving it behind and starting afresh in a new thread, after the result is known, and emotions have settled makes perfect sense.

Why did we have 2 separate threads per game as per the old days? Why not just have one thread for the match and be done with it? Because the pre match thread had certain discussion, just as the game day thread did. Why is it any different then to discuss separately after the game, just like we do before?

I've got no problem with it. In fact, if people just talked about the game post match, like many have actually done, it wouldn't be an issue.

images

Bazal

Post Whore
WELL THEN IT IS A BIG DEAL AND SHUT THE f**K UP MERKIN!!!

It's funny that the one's being super serial about it are the ones calling everyone else salty.

Isn't it enough that the majority think it's stupid?What do we need here, peer review lol?

Perhaps we just need the ability to place bookmarks in the middle of a thread. Maybe make the end of game page number turn red. Controversial suggestion I know. Surely the boffins can boff this up.

How much clearer can it be made? Even if somehow you still fail to understand the problem, it doesn't matter because people have overwhelmingly expressed their dislike of locking the thread. So I ask again, why do it?

Perhaps we just need the ability to place bookmarks in the middle of a thread. Maybe make the end of game page number turn red. Controversial suggestion I know. Surely the boffins can boff this up.
I've even suggested just editing the title to let people know when post-game discussion starts. How hard can it be anyway?

Latest posts