What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frizell to the Roosters

rednwhites

Juniors
Mate it could still get worse , if we get smashed tonight there is a good chance that the spoon is in reach , and Mary keeps holding records for all the wrong reasons ...... He has lost the floor , and our great board extend his contract , a bunch of amateurs compared to other clubs .....

Love how the fans are talking about the spoon and the coach is all "we can still win the thing". Shows the massive divide within the club.

merahputih

Juniors
If you believe nothing you hear and half of what you see, you would be closer to the truth. What the club needs is good wingers, desperately. There are plenty of big talented wingers in provincial rugby union in New Zealand, a step below Super rugby. They could be bought cheap just like Bailey Simonsen who is playing well for the Raiders. The union ITM cup starts in a couple of Weeks and a scout should be sent to survey the talent. These players only earn about 45K playing in the inter provincial competition. Many of the players are better than Simonsen.
The good ones would be already earmarked by Storm or Roosters-we would get Eto Nabuli Mk2.

Dragsters

First Grade
Look at the passion he played with for the Blues versus Sunday night. No intencity, no shoulder in tackles, dropping the ball....

He aint a happy camper.

Same could be said for Hunts performance.

Maybe they were down on sunday because mary told them they would be rested, as most other origin players from other clubs were, but then mary panicked and played them...

Last edited:

Qapm

Juniors
I hope not. I'm on the Sack McGregor thread constantly and have stated that the players should look out for themselves becuase leadership is inept but if Frizell leaves, that hurts. This is coming from someone who hopes that Widdop goes "Conscientious objector" and refuses to risk himself for a lost 2019 cause.

Some part of me wishes that our great players can see it out (while still losing games so McGregor and crews gets the sack) and be part of the resurrection.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
You got to laugh. Reliable source that Nick Tedeschi.
The Dragons have a bad loss and now Tyson according to this reporter lilkely via a player manager releasing info to somebody is disgruntled re JDB and club handling situation 7 months later as are now alledgedly other players.

This is where the NRL should step him..how can Roosters express interest to lure a long term contracted player with years to run on his contract.
If they release Crichton fine...in that situation it remains a burden to their cap until it was meant to expire..cause just like that a Roosters player on a high salary will walk and relieve them of valuable cap space after 4 months of playing they are sick of him. They wanted him...they pay for it.

Precisely BLM01,

Fittler should be requested to provide a please explain why the tapping up of Fritz during Origin, no doubt.

I'm a builder so if worked crunching figures and doing the maths all my life but l can't work out how they can keep all this 'best of' players, under the salary cap. NRL state that a club MUST pay market value for a player and are not permitted to pay an under value figure.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I don't know what to believe, but the club are certainly A+ when it comes to drip feeding selective rumours > to then deny it as BS > to then announce it in a media statement.
It's like they test the waters to prepare for the bomb drop and make up some ridiculous spin excuse!

getsmarty

Immortal
Pressure at all-time high on St George Illawarra Dragons ahead of must-win Panthers clash
Written By Liam O'Loughlin
FacebookTwitterEmailCopy Link
Getty Images

Pressure is continuing to mount on the St George Illawarra Dragons ahead of their must-win clash with the Penrith Panthers on Friday night - and rumours are beginning to circulate about player unrest at the club.

The Dragons currently sit in 14th place on the NRL ladder and will need to win at least six of their last eight games to be a chance of making the finals, and there has been mass uproar from the Red V faithful about coach Paul McGregor opting to rest Ben Hunt for this weekend's game.

And on Friday morning, rumours began to circulate that Tyson Frizell may be unhappy at the Dragons and is looking to move away from the club.

Rumour Mill: Tyson Frizell looks likely to join Roosters. Frizell is desperately unhappy at the Dragons, particularly with the club's position on Jack De Belin, and has already asked for a release. https://t.co/glP92aQBTO

- ReadingThePlay (@ReadingThePlay) July 18, 2019

It's no joke. Frizell asked for a release two weeks ago..

- ReadingThePlay (@ReadingThePlay) July 18, 2019

But Andrew Webster refuted those rumours when asked by radio host and former NSW coach Laurie Daley on the Big Sports Breakfast, and also spoke on the decision to rest their star playmaker in Hunt.

"I haven't heard it at all, but Frizell is signed long-term and I don't think they would ever want to get rid of him," he said.

"Mary thought it was time to rest Ben, there aren't any other halfbacks that had to play three 80- minute performances at hooker for the Maroons. I can't understand what he is thinking.

"I just think he has got a tired squad; it has been hard on all of them. People are underestimating how much the De Belin thing took the wind out of their sails."

It has been a long year for the Dragons after losing De Belin to NRL's 'no fault stand down policy' and skipper Gareth Widdop to a shoulder injury - but there is no excuse for their position on the ladder with five Origin players in their ranks.

Webster said he had a 'long chat' to McGregor this week and while he doesn't believe he will be going anywhere, he can understand why there is such great pressure on the coach.

"He has had adversity but I also understand the pressure on him," he said.

"He has been there since 2014 and he has only had two matches in the finals.

"They are a club that demands success and yes there has been some extenuating circumstances this year, but you look at the team though and they had five Origin players against the Raiders."

The Dragons will take on a resurgent Panthers side who are aiming for seven wins in a row and have made their way into the top eight, and a loss for the Saints will all but end their season.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...n-frizell-ben-hunt/1w9p1zbzgxfur1xysxbeewl9sq

Latest posts