What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

rednwhites

Juniors
Anyone's good compared to Josh McCrone. We've been so oppressed he seems better than he is to us. He's alright but I don't think he is a premiership player. Doesn't have the mental strength.

BLM01

First Grade
I am interested in the supporter's thoughts on Ben Hunt now you have had the experience of him for going on three years?

Are you supporters still happy with the decision to sign him and/or the amount he is being paid. If you could revisit the decision would you still sign him?

Do you still think he can deliver a premiership as a halfback?
May I ask the same question for Milford (4 years know), Jack Bird
I wasn't trolling. Bird has not been a good signing for us at all. It never made sense to me in the first place, I could not see how he fitted in. But in Uncle Wayne we trusted.

I think Milford has been a good signing, he all but won us the 2015 GF but was let down by a number of team mates. The problem for him is that we have tried to turn him into something that he isn't, and he has also been let down by a fairly poor spine supporting him in the time that he has been with us.
You probably could say Ben Hunt also cost you the GF with the dropped kick off as some have.
McCulloch tries hard and before this year i thought before 2018 McCulloch was good darius was good for you except for the 1st half of this year

lynx000

Juniors
May I ask the same question for Milford (4 years know), Jack Bird

You probably could say Ben Hunt also cost you the GF with the dropped kick off as some have.
McCulloch tries hard and before this year i thought before 2018 McCulloch was good darius was good for you except for the 1st half of this year

The dropped kickoff happens. Re Hunt I was more pissed off about him allowing himself to be stripped of the ball leading up to the Cowboy's try. Also McCullough has a share of blame for his inability to read the game and failing to realise that Parker was into a gap, instead he went the other way.

I have always liked Hunt and considered he was an honest player, but I can't help the feeling that he was damaged by that GF result. I hope he manages to win one before he retires.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Hunt should go back to The Broncs he obviously has not got his heart in his work at the Dragons.
Poor old Billy Smith would play on one leg to help his mates and we have thisoverpaidso called star needing a rest.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am interested in the supporter's thoughts on Ben Hunt now you have had the experience of him for going on three years?

Are you supporters still happy with the decision to sign him and/or the amount he is being paid. If you could revisit the decision would you still sign him?

Do you still think he can deliver a premiership as a halfback?
I am still very happy with the signing of Hunt and tonight his absence was sorely missed. He isn't the game managing halfback. I would play Norman at halfback and Hunt at 5/8. Meaning Norman taking control of the team and steering it around the paddock and being the dominate playmaker, with Hunt being able to play his running game and create in attack.

He has been selected at hooker for Qld and done a fine job. He would probably be next cab off the rank for Australian hooker. Is hooker his best position? Maybe it is. He does provide attack from dummy half and he can kick too. He would provide us with more flare around the ruck than McInnes, but McInnes's defence is stronger. If I had to choose, I would take Hunt over McInnes at hooker.

As I said, I would play Norman halfback, but with the right squad around him, I think Hunt could be a valuable member of a premiership winning team at 5/8 or hooker.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I don't think Ben is happy, he doesn't look happy at all.
Someone on Fox was questioning if there was anything more to Hunt being rested than we were being told. I hadn't given it any thought until then. Brisbane are in dire need of a halfback. All Hunt pretty much has to say is that he and or his Mrs is homesick and they want to return to Brisbane to bring their family up around the rest of their family.

The Gold Coast would probably be interested in a player of Hunt's quality too. He is certainly better than Taylor or Peats

lynx000

Juniors
I am still very happy with the signing of Hunt and tonight his absence was sorely missed. He isn't the game managing halfback. I would play Norman at halfback and Hunt at 5/8. Meaning Norman taking control of the team and steering it around the paddock and being the dominate playmaker, with Hunt being able to play his running game and create in attack.

He has been selected at hooker for Qld and done a fine job. He would probably be next cab off the rank for Australian hooker. Is hooker his best position? Maybe it is. He does provide attack from dummy half and he can kick too. He would provide us with more flare around the ruck than McInnes, but McInnes's defence is stronger. If I had to choose, I would take Hunt over McInnes at hooker.

As I said, I would play Norman halfback, but with the right squad around him, I think Hunt could be a valuable member of a premiership winning team at 5/8 or hooker.
Mate I think you hit the nail on the head. A number of the BHQ members think he is actually a 5/8th and not a halfback, and that his best position and role would be as a running 5/8th without the responsibility for managing the game.

Old Timer

Coach
I am 1 of Hunt's harshest critics but 1 needs to be fair.
The question of Hunt being rested has been explained on radio and TV that it was our beloved Mc Fookknuckle's decision to rest him. Certainly Hunt can insist he plays and may in fact have done so but Mc Fookknuckle made the decision so you cant blame Hunt for that.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
One of our problems over the last few years is that all our halves have been running halves.
Not 1 organiser amongst them.
We don't have any players with real footy smarts that can take a game by the scruff of the neck.

getsmarty

Immortal
One of our problems over the last few years is that all our halves have been running halves.
Not 1 organiser amongst them.
We don't have any players with real footy smarts that can take a game by the scruff of the neck.

Correct...but McGregor has the team he wants...even Norman, who can be an Off the cuff type player has been boxed in by McGregors game plans.

Latest posts