What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Split camp.... I think we should SWAP CAMP.... Give the Canterbury Cup team a run in first grade and let the First Grade team go Canterbury Cup!!!
Because this crap that’s getting dished up is EMBARRASSING!!!

possm

Coach
Way back when the JDB mill was at its peak, I had this gut feeling that Mary running his mouth with some of the rhetoric about the fact he's been "decided as guilty" by the NRL would come back to bite him. Was an extremely stupid stance to take so publicly when everyone and their dog could see the best solution would be to stay distant until necessary, while giving Jack support behind the scenes.

Now I am hearing that Tyson's core problem with the club is the way they took this stance with Jack. And I really doubt he's the only one, most of these players have girlfriends and wives and his presence, regardless of trial result at the moment, is going to create an uncomfortable environment.

How the f**k could the club not see this coming. I love this club, but for the first time I became pretty ashamed and disgusted by my club on a level that goes beyond the usual board and coach shame. They have handled the whole matter terribly.
The problem is caused by the NRL. By creating a new 'no fault' policy, they should assume all responsibility the day that they stand down a player:
  • Suspend the players contract
  • Assume all financial responsibility
  • Arrange for the support of the player until a legal decision is made
All should be taken outside of the Club including training and involvement in club activities. It should not be a club matter anymore.

possm

Coach
Once the public denials happen, it’s as good as a done deal. Hope the Roosters treat him well.
Frizell came out himself and said the rumour is not true. I am sure there is a split camp and the only way we can get things back to a reasonable level is with a clean out starting with the coaching staff.

I never thought that I would say this, we should be following the Titan's lead; sacking the coach and bringing in a football manager who also can coach until we find a suitable replacement.

DaveMc

Juniors
Frizell came out himself and said the rumour is not true. I am sure there is a split camp and the only way we can get things back to a reasonable level is with a clean out starting with the coaching staff.

I never thought that I would say this, we should be following the Titan's lead; sacking the coach and bringing in a football manager who also can coach until we find a suitable replacement.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/7f91fb6a1cdad876265031b1e32a0bec

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ad7f0742b344d7add663b438247208b2

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/penrit...a-sharks/2f69f1d1-38e4-4764-aef0-e27e61dadc2f

Etcetera.

Anyway, farewell Tyson, I hope the Roosters jersey suits you.

Gareth67

First Grade

With due respect possum . I know that you are a most passionate Dragon supporter and mean well , but unfortunately ‘ we ‘ cannot do a damn thing other than to constantly voice our total dislike of the current situation .

The bersterds have us over a barrel matey as we have no voting rights to kick the pack of blind prucks from their high and mighty positions on the board . I mentioned on another thread that if B . Gordon threatened to take action - in as much as withdraw his funding from the J.V. ( if he is able to do so ) then the Dragons would find themselves back to square 1 - no money .

We the supporter can refuse to renew our yearly memberships and also (most unfortunately ) chose not to attend the matches . Perhaps we should organize (on line ) a home game at WIN Stadium and have no one turn up - I am sure that if that happened then and only then would the J.V. board begin to worry .

Last edited:

Carlton

Juniors
With due respect possum . I know that you are a most passionate Dragon supporter and mean well , but unfortunately ‘ we ‘ cannot do a damn thing other than to constantly voice our total dislike of the current situation .

The bersterds have us over a barrel matey as we have no voting rights to kick the pack of blind pricks from their high and mighty positions on the board . I mentioned on another thread that if B . Gordon threatened to take action - in as much as withdraw his funding from the J.V. ( if he is able to do so ) then the Dragons would find themselves back to square 1 - no money .

We the supporter can refuse to renew our yearly memberships and also (most unfortunately ) chose not to attend the matches . Perhaps we should organize on line a home game at WIN Stadium and have no one turn up - I am sure that if that happened then and only then would the J.V. board begin to worry .

What funding is Gordon providing to the JV aside from the initial purchase of the Illawarra share?

Coffs dragon

Bench
They really look & play like a team completely split, just like their defence. Poor attitude and a lack of trust seem to be an underlying problem which stems from poor & inept coaching.
I would not blame Friz, Hunt or McInnes for walking out and follow the lead of their Captain Gaz Widdop. You can mask it anyway you like, but there is a smell right thru the joint!

SaintPauli

Juniors
Once the public denials happen, it’s as good as a done deal. Hope the Roosters treat him well.
I thought what he said was intersting.
He did say he is happy to stay at Dragons until end of 2020! He did not say he wants to stay long term!
Seems roarters are already on his heels or at least he is keeping his options open.

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
What funding is Gordon providing to the JV aside from the initial purchase of the Illawarra share?
The nrl tv rights guaranteed salary cap money and St George Leaugues club annual profits along with sponsorship of the brand would actually keep St George Dragons affloat. We have a brand and a fan base the nrl would not want to remove.

Carlton

Juniors
The nrl tv rights guaranteed salary cap money and St George Leaugues club annual profits along with sponsorship of the brand would actually keep St George Dragons affloat. We have a brand and a fan base the nrl would not want to remove.

They are already weakening that brand and fan base, I dont think its a matter of removal so much as existing in a bastardised form.

denis preston

First Grade
They really look & play like a team completely split, just like their defence. Poor attitude and a lack of trust seem to be an underlying problem which stems from poor & inept coaching.
I would not blame Friz, Hunt or McInnes for walking out and follow the lead of their Captain Gaz Widdop. You can mask it anyway you like, but there is a smell right thru the joint!

As much as we have a 10,000 thread on sacking the coach that suits the faceless men controlling the club as they don't really get exposed as they should. It is further compounded by a lack of communication to the fans by the ceo.These unaccountable bastards are the ones that are ruining the club and the coach resigning , the failure of the pathways program, lack of TPA's and the nepotism ( too many Youngs spoil the club ! ) is directly attributable to them.

Pablooo

Juniors
When a team is losing the rumors come thick and fast but the truth is often far more simple. The loss of Widdop was a huge blow for the club and the horrible saga around the De Belin charges would of caused huge stress amongst the playing group. These two factors would of had a huge negative influence on the teams mindset and performance along with a host of other injuries, suspension and origin.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
As much as we have a 10,000 thread on sacking the coach that suits the faceless men controlling the club as they don't really get exposed as they should. It is further compounded by a lack of communication to the fans by the ceo.These unaccountable bastards are the ones that are ruining the club and the coach resigning , the failure of the pathways program, lack of TPA's and the nepotism ( too many Youngs spoil the club ! ) is directly attributable to them.
Totally agree Denis & if their underlying plan is to destroy a JV club into splitting, then they have achieved success.

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought what he said was intersting.
He did say he is happy to stay at Dragons until end of 2020! He did not say he wants to stay long term!
Seems roarters are already on his heels or at least he is keeping his options open.
Agree.
Also said as long as the club is “happy to have me”.
So if he continues to be unsettled the club may then not be happy to have him there.:thinking:

18to87

First Grade
When a team is losing the rumors come thick and fast but the truth is often far more simple. The loss of Widdop was a huge blow for the club and the horrible saga around the De Belin charges would of caused huge stress amongst the playing group. These two factors would of had a huge negative influence on the teams mindsets and performance along with a host of other injuries, suspension and origin.
I can't really agree with the point about Widdop as it was clear to everyone that it wasn't working with him at fullback. If you mean that they should never have signed Norman for this year, then I can see your line of thinking although you can make an argument that signing Norman for this year was wise as Widdop was unlikely to get through the season at #6 anyway. It remains to be seen whether he can continue long-term with his shoulder.

Delboy

First Grade
Wouldn't be a surprise if the rumour wasn't a Roosters tactic to let a player know they are intrested, smart from their point of view. Unsettle the team and individual , player manager on a hook and then deny it, and they have registered a target and if it happens it is coincedence.

Latest posts