What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split camp

Pablooo

Juniors
I can't really agree with the point about Widdop as it was clear to everyone that it wasn't working with him at fullback. If you mean that they should never have signed Norman for this year, then I can see your line of thinking although you can make an argument that signing Norman for this year was wise as Widdop was unlikely to get through the season at #6 anyway. It remains to be seen whether he can continue long-term with his shoulder.

The Rooster’s lost Keary for five weeks through injury and their wheels during that period nearly fell off. I couldn’t imagine how they would fair if they lost him for 17 weeks and also lost Cordner on similar circumstances to De Belin. These aren’t excuses but are explanations on why the teams performance could have suffered.

BLM01

First Grade
The Rooster’s lost Keary for five weeks through injury and their wheels during that period nearly fell off. I couldn’t imagine how they would fair if they lost him for 17 weeks and also lost Cordner on similar circumstances to De Belin. These aren’t excuses but are explanations on why the teams performance could have suffered.
No..but where are Roosters on the ladder after that period!..mid season slumps are common for most teams..Roosters will recover. Dragons cant

Dragons 09

Juniors

Not having a go at you personally mate, but that just doesn't wash and takes too much of the onus off the coach.

Going into round 18, the Roosters are 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 94. Going into round 18 last year, the Roosters were 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 95 and went on to GF glory!.

The roosters are exactly where they want to be, where they need to be and where they would have planned to be and don't forget, in addition to Keary missing games, Latrell has had his issues, Friend has missed a big part of the season, JWH missed 6 games and Cronk and others have missed games and they have had Origin disruptions as well.

Meanwhile, we are 6 wins, 11 losses and a F/A of -100. I could go on and mention who they have beaten V's who we have beaten and look at the stats that show if your structures and executions are working or not, but what's the point, it's obvious, we are one of the worst coached teams in the NRL and Widdop, de Belin et al are in no way even a remote excuse for the quagmire we find ourselves in.

getsmarty

Immortal
Not having a go at you personally mate, but that just doesn't wash and takes too much of the onus off the coach.

Going into round 18, the Roosters are 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 94. Going into round 18 last year, the Roosters were 10 wins, 6 losses and a F/A of 95 and went on to GF glory!.

The roosters are exactly where they want to be, where they need to be and where they would have planned to be and don't forget, in addition to Keary missing games, Latrell has had his issues, Friend has missed a big part of the season, JWH missed 6 games and Cronk and others have missed games and they have had Origin disruptions as well.

Meanwhile, we are 6 wins, 11 losses and a F/A of -100. I could go on and mention who they have beaten V's who we have beaten and look at the stats that show if your structures and executions are working or not, but what's the point, it's obvious, we are one of the worst coached teams in the NRL and Widdop, de Belin et al are in no way even a remote excuse for the quagmire we find ourselves in.

Well said.

brokendigit

Juniors
Spot on. And, if it wasn't for Canterbury, we'd be minus 160, not 100.