What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Naden get the ball down?

possm

Coach
We need a fan asking questions at the press conference and then we may get some movement on Mary's sacking.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The 2nd To'o try highlights the current deficiencies in the rules for awarding trys. Refs feel obligated to have an opinion, even if they have no clear sight of the ball on the ground.
If To'o try was sent up as no try, then that call would have stood. The fact ut was sent uo as a try means they have to support that, even though there.was no evidence of the ball touching the ground, only an assumption.
Refs should have the option of just saying "bunker, try or no try" and leave it at that. The correct call would then have been made in this situation.

BLM01

First Grade
We need a fan asking questions at the press conference and then we may get some movement on Mary's sacking.
LOL.now that would be worth listening to..although a fan will be shutdown by the others and the Dragons media people in the room......so bad idea.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The 2nd To'o try highlights the current deficiencies in the rules for awarding trys. Refs feel obligated to have an opinion, even if they have no clear sight of the ball on the ground.
If To'o try was sent up as no try, then that call would have stood. The fact ut was sent uo as a try means they have to support that, even though there.was no evidence of the ball touching the ground, only an assumption.
Refs should have the option of just saying "bunker, try or no try" and leave it at that. The correct call would then have been made in this situation.
Very well said and obviously spot on.

Bench
Their first try was not a try, watch the motion of the ball, it did not deviate one inch, his hand was in front of the ball.
The other try was suspect, looks to me it was never grounded, what happen to the bunker, they normally have every angle covered.
Didn’t make any difference to us

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I disagree..

We’ve had many cases over the years when it was a case of just sending it upstairs without a ruling that the resulting decision was confusing for everyone..

Whilst it was frustrating that it was a try against us, there was no definite angle that showed him getting held up..

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
He may have moon-walked the put down of the ball but as GS stated, they scored a legit try only to have it pulled back for a forward pass.

At the end of the night, we got our just deserts.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Their first try was not a try, watch the motion of the ball, it did not deviate one inch, his hand was in front of the ball.
The other try was suspect, looks to me it was never grounded, what happen to the bunker, they normally have every angle covered.
Didn’t make any difference to us
I agree to a degree but if we were Penrith and those tries were taken away from us, we’d be screaming blue murder. I believe front runners, and to an extent, home teams get the rub of the green. When you are down everything seems to go against you. I just don’t believe in the anti St George position or that refs are always against us. I do believe in bad luck and poor decisions and the way we are playing we need all the luck in the world and we need all bad decisions going against the other team.

Latest posts