What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita tackle

bluefox68

Staff member
I think we’re pretty much all agreed that it was way out of line.

I really hope the NRL starts dishing out BIG suspensions for crusher tackles - as in 12+ weeks... Otherwise, someone is going to end up in a wheelchair soon.

Feej

First Grade
Agree? it was a flop. To think Fifita now has been suspend longer than Cameron Smith ever has for any type of wrestling manouvre is an absolute disgrace to the game. It was a FLOP. Penalty.
Cameron Smith's gilded run as the worlds nicest RL player is a whole other topic.

snout

First Grade
Saw old smitty run in the other day on barnetts tackle - going off.
Wanted him drawn and quatered.

Hates a dangerous tackle ol smitty.
Just ask alex mckinnon.

bluefox68

Staff member
Saw old smitty run in the other day on barnetts tackle - going off.
Wanted him drawn and quatered.

Hates a dangerous tackle ol smitty.
Just ask alex mckinnon.
So true - every time Newcastle plays Melbourne I think of that situation.

Do you know what Smith actually (allegedly?) said?

I gather it was not nice...

snout

First Grade
I did hear some of it bluey but cant remember- but pretty sure he escalated the situation and caused the pushing and shoving.

I do know he didn't yell at his storm mate to get up and play the ball like did to Mckinnon.

bluefox68

Staff member
I did hear some of it bluey but cant remember- but pretty sure he escalated the situation and caused the pushing and shoving.

I do know he didn't yell at his storm mate to get up and play the ball like did to Mckinnon.
Yeah, that’s all I heard as well: “Get up and play the ball!”

Card Shark

Immortal
A shoulder charge penalty is on par with a spear tackle penalty in terms of points, doesn’t make sense.

Edit: Glad he’s out for costing us the game.

Now I know why Flanno had a frosty relationship with this peanut.

12mins to go and defending our line with a lead of two points and he wants to do a square up with Lachlan Burr.

Selfish & Moronic.

shaggs

Coach
Supposed to be a senior squad member. Lead from the front. Keep a calm head when needed.

The bloke is missing his marbles

Inferno

Coach
He's been cited for a shoulder charge, 1 week with the guilty plea.

I think when he does return he should come off the bench with Uele and Prior starting.

BWNB

First Grade
Morris backed him... there's the issue. Drag him over the coals. He should know better.

Card Shark

Immortal
It’s ok to not publicly lambast him (even though he deserves it) but he shouldn’t have backed him either.

Quicksilver

Bench
Dumb play. Hit a guy without the ball but not a shoulder charge if precedent is anything to go by. He hit him with the chest mostly.

Happy to see him suspended for being a complete and utter moron though.