What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad are we John Morris - Peter Sharpe

shadowboxer

First Grade
With Chad always starts season well and then he gets worse as season goes same each year
Fair point but I would say he is always fairly average - I was shouted down a few times last year for being negative to our local junior, and rightly so, we were winning games etc. But when the chips are down, like at the moment, the basics go out the window for him ie: kicking on second tackles, missing field goals...they are crucial to just getting by and getting a win during a season and moving onto next week.
He still has that mentality of having the blinkers on, completely oblivious to what is going on around him. He wont change either, he will show up to the media this week and trot out his usual CHAD-talk - blah blah blah

Weaponhead

Coach
Is it Chad’s fault that Xerri gets no clean ball?

Only time we see him is when he’s bashing it up from out of our 20.

That’s not how we should be using him!
There is a reason the Sharks score a lot more down the right than the left. Also, In the Maloney years the attack went more to the left as that was his side then and Bird at right centre saw little ball.

Without Wade in the team, left centre is another hit up position. He adds the creativity.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Then why did the club employ a coach not suited to run that game plan, Hasler took over Manly a joint going backwards and they are in better shape then us

Because both Souths and Manly have bought into their new coaches game plan and vision instead of white anting him behind his back. Neither have had to put up with the rusted on formula and fixed foundations Pissflap left the club with.

Do you think it's a coincidence that a whole lot of kids that Bomber coached in lower grades could run a game plane better than the dinosaurs who filtered back from injury and threw an anchor out over the bow of The Good Ship Sharkie?

He has to find a way to work with the fossils. You can't just shed them all

Frenzy.

Immortal
Injuries have hurt. Players believing their own hype has hurt more.

I thought we could get moylan and Johnson to buy into our culture. Instead they have ruined it. We are soft and take the flashy options instead of going at teams. Chad kicking on the second tackle after a penalty when we have had no ball just sums up the difference this year. f**king idiot.

This is exactly why I rarely jump on the bandwagons of the flashy types. All icing and all gooey in the middle.

That's no way to bake a cake

carinashark

First Grade
Coach Morris and our Sharks have plenty of problems.
Some time the forwards don’t work.
Then the backs dont work.
And injuries are killing us.
New and young very talented players are now approaching the back end of the season and are tired, maybe not physically tired.
Older players think they know but have been there too long and have had to play injured with longer time on the field.
So the problems are multi faceted but there are some positives and time will solve most of them.
Prior,Bakuya, Dymock,Woods,Moylan,Fifita ( I love him when he is ‘On’ but he seems now to only do that for Tonga ,that said he has been playing injured) will have to be moved on.
Positives
We are in the middle of a change, we are at the lowest point of the graph , except and move on.
Morris playing at Center has really impressed me.
Zerri continues to improve.
As dose Williams.
As dose Nikora
As dose BB.
As dose Uele who has been brilliant.
So what to do.
Keep investing in youth, Stay with Morris. Let’s get known for bringing on talent. And giving talent a go.

txta2

Bench
Yeah , dropped balls and missed tackles....its all coaching. Flanno fixed it , now back to square one.

txta2

Bench
With Chad always starts season well and then he gets worse as season goes same each year
How dare you speak that way about a premiership winning halfback. Don't you realise he got best and fairest at Yarrawarrah Tigers U/13's. He was nearly picked for SOO 3 as well which is no mean feat seeing as he ranks in the bottom 3 of the NRL.

fizman

Bench
I just watched Michael McGuires Press Conference - That is EXACTLY how you do it after a poor performance.

John Morris take some notes.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I just watched Michael McGuires Press Conference - That is EXACTLY how you do it after a poor performance.

He doesn't look well McGuire, not at all. Fair spray too which was well warranted
More annoying is Canberra get another week of being premiership hopeful darlings like Nathan Cleary is Jesus of Penriff. Soft bloody comp

Quigs

Immortal
And we get another week of showing all the others how shithouse we have become.

Ring the bell............. ring the bell.

Surrender.jpg

Card Shark

Immortal

I’ll have to watch it.

I did watch Morris’ & he didn’t seem too angry, I guess that’s what you want him to be?

He was relatively calm & composed especially considering the pressure he must now be under.

I didn’t think that was a bad thing & the only bit I didn’t like about it is sticking up for Andrew f**king Fifita, who undid all our gutsy defensive work with a dumb arse, selfish play.

Card Shark

Immortal

Just watched it. Funny.

Reporter: “Can you take any positives out of the game, can you wrap any players?”

McGuire: “Nup”

Latest posts