What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek to return to the small screen.

Timbo

Staff member
Also at mine, I’m going too. DS9 is by far my favourite series.

Shame they couldnt get Avery Brooks to be in it though.

I guess the three of us will meet here for a debrief afterwards then? :cool::p

bileduct

Coach
Well that was about what I expected from a television show documentary.

The plot for the opening episode of an eighth season... I initially wasn't too keen on the idea of Kira putting together an army of Jem'Hadar soldiers but then when they explained the bit about Section 31 trying to bring the Bajoran religion to an end so they could be brought into the Federation it made a bit more sense. Discovery turned Section 31 into a joke, but I have no problem with them in the context of DS9 and in the hands of the people that created them.

But that said, I dunno about this setup. It is without a doubt an absolute violation of the Prime Directive and I don't understand why Bajor would be important enough to the Federation for them to do that.

bileduct

Coach

Nailed it.

Some of the best production, cinematography, special effects, costumes, makeup, set designs, etc. for a television show all completely undermined by some of the worst writing of all time.

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Had a nasty gastro bug over the weekend so missed it, I assume it will eventually be on DVD or a streaming service.

Timbo

Staff member
Had a nasty gastro bug over the weekend so missed it, I assume it will eventually be on DVD or a streaming service.

It must've been going around - my wife was sick as a dog too and I didn't want to leave her alone to go to the cinema.

I'll be catching it on DVD. I've read quite a bit of what's in it. The proposed Season 8 sounds a bit controversial.

Looks like Picard’s first officer is a dog

View attachment 31290

Ha, it's name is Number One. That's awesome.

I hope there's a Riker cameo in the pilot (you can guarantee there will be a cameo from one other TNG character in the pilot) and there's a joke about that. I miss TNG wholesome jokes.

Timbo

Staff member
New Short Trek out... Q&A, the one with Number One and Spock stuck in the turbolift.

Meh...

I’m taking the short treks with a real grain of salt - based upon the first round last year, they’re doing some universe building which will pay off down the line.

It’s hard to get a full picture until we see it a bit down the line.

bileduct

Coach
I’m taking the short treks with a real grain of salt - based upon the first round last year, they’re doing some universe building which will pay off down the line.

It’s hard to get a full picture until we see it a bit down the line.
I don't think there's anything coming down the line with this latest one.

It's Spock's first day on the job on the Enterprise.

bileduct

Coach
Well unless Pike is going to be featuring in season 3 of Discovery I don't think there's anything coming down the line from these Short Treks. It seems as though they are being used to get as much value out of Mount, Romijn, Peck and the Enterprise bridge as they can before we end up 900 years in the future.

The Trouble with Edward - I get really tired of this shit where they feel they need to come up with an explanation for something that happens in another Star Trek series. This one was no different and sucked ass, which is a shame because I love Rosa Salazar.

Ask Not - Predictable. But still pretty good.

Last edited:

Latest posts