What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
That saves a lot of debate at least. Good to see we have big bank though, and they know we need a pack leader.

Would take Turpin though, might struggle there.

BLN2

Juniors
TBH I would take him, especially if AK leaves at the end of the season, as reported. He's had a shit run of injuries, still has promise and would come cheap. Him a CHT in ISP, could do worse.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Article suggesting the Warriors are offering a 1.5mil deal to a guy with an alphabet soup surname who debuted for the Storm last weekend

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Article suggesting the Warriors are offering a 1.5mil deal to a guy with an alphabet soup surname who debuted for the Storm last weekend

Yeah I saw that. Not doubting we might be interested, but contract length and dollar amount when we can't even talk to him until Nov 1st......

Smelling manager BS here, trying to set the bar high and get his client more based on potential.

Iafeta

Referee
Been on the radar for a while. And I agree. Even if we don’t land these blokes, it inevitably forces others out.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Last year we showed big interest in Jermaine Isako. Maybe we’re angling for a play as a goal kicking centre. That’d do me all good. Got some gas as well. Unsure what contract length he’s currently on but that don’t mean much these days anyway

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If we're trying to put pressure on the Broncos salary cap I don't see who we're after unless it's Fafita, which also seems unrealistic.

Maybe there's a junior or two who are yet to be seen that we're trying to snatch in this manner.

Overall though I just don't think our management is smart enough to orchestrate something like this.

Iafeta

Referee
Neither would I. But the sheer economics of it push it. If Lodge was going to be resigned for $400k but they had to get him to $800k, etc, that’s money they lose out of their salary cap kitty. It’s not only Brisbane but we tried to get Braden Hamlin Uele.

FWIW I don’t think we will pick up a big name for next season. I think 2020 is more likely because we have some big money coming off contract. Where this could play in our hands is if the club affected by overpaying to keep talent are interested, they will struggle on pure dollars.

I think however the issue is that regardless of the cash we have, being based in NZ we need to have a successful club imo to really get the top liners thinking about coming.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, having a club and a culture people want to be a part of is key

That's the reason the best don't want to head here, we're left with Kiwis that want to come home... for every RTS and Hartis there's a Blair, just shouldn't pay overs for the latter

TheDMC

Bench
If we're trying to put pressure on the Broncos salary cap I don't see who we're after unless it's Fafita, which also seems unrealistic.

Maybe there's a junior or two who are yet to be seen that we're trying to snatch in this manner.

Overall though I just don't think our management is smart enough to orchestrate something like this.

Well it wouldn’t advantage us much anyway, just opens the door for a whole bunch of clubs with salary space (by the time it constrains Broncos)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah, having a club and a culture people want to be a part of is key

That's the reason the best don't want to head here, we're left with Kiwis that want to come home... for every RTS and Hartis there's a Blair, just shouldn't pay overs for the latter

I sometimes wonder if kiwis realise just how behind the 8-ball we are with attracting non-kiwi players. Your typical young bloke from Sydney or Brisbane simply does now see Auckland as an attractive destination to move to. It’s seen as cold, wet, boring and miles from friends and family. Only Canberra and Townsville have similar problems and Canberra is a lot closer.
Without a club culture that can compensate for it we’ll always struggle to get marquee Aussies.

JJ

Immortal
Warriors have already been in touch with Api Koraisau, he is a good one, go and get him

Is going to be in big demand I would say
I like him a lot too - but seems to have missed a lot of games through injury?

Manly have some problems? Huge money for DCE, and huge money needed for T brothers... no doubt they'll want to stay, and likely will, but going to be a juggling act... in fact, I reckon we should go after Jake - sack half our pack...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I like him a lot too - but seems to have missed a lot of games through injury?

Manly have some problems? Huge money for DCE, and huge money needed for T brothers... no doubt they'll want to stay, and likely will, but going to be a juggling act... in fact, I reckon we should go after Jake - sack half our pack...

Broke his foot badly last year and unlucky with 2 sprained ankles this season

Hasler confident he has the cap under control to build around those 3 guys, and the bros are close to inking a 5 year deal, their younger bro is locked up til 2021 as well. The scary thing is the youngest is already toms size at 16

With Api it’s more a case of Fainu being the future and an 80min player so they’ve told Api they will honour his contract but he is free to look around for more playing minutes

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors have already been in touch with Api Koraisau, he is a good one, go and get him

Is going to be in big demand I would say

I like him. His style is an ideal fit for us.

Aside from one season only seems to manage 13-18 games a year. That's his only concern, although I would prefer a guy who only misses a few games versus Roache who is only a gust of wind away from a season ending injury.