What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Vs. Worriers

roboshark

Coach
Yes we get dudded by the refs at times, we are no Brisbane or Melbourne, but how can we complain when we have a team of dickheads like Fifita & Woods in it that don’t realise how important discipline is!

Flanno wouldn’t stand for it, Morris shouldn’t either. Trouble is, he’s 1 of the boys, & trying to be the coach, it doesn’t work!

Watching my step-daughter coach her U12 netball team & they are playing up whilst warming up...I’m predicting an ordinary performance today.

Coach must control the team!
Lol. Good luck. If they don't perform today tell her to drop a few for next week

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes we get dudded by the refs at times, we are no Brisbane or Melbourne, but how can we complain when we have a team of dickheads like Fifita & Woods in it that don’t realise how important discipline is!

Flanno wouldn’t stand for it, Morris shouldn’t either. Trouble is, he’s 1 of the boys, & trying to be the coach, it doesn’t work!

Watching my step-daughter coach her U12 netball team & they are playing up whilst warming up...I’m predicting an ordinary performance today.

Coach must control the team!

Flanno DID stand for it. He coached it into them. Strategic penalties, like the Storm do, were part of the makeup of the gameplan. I suspect that Morris does want it out of the game but the rusted on attitude is hard to break.

https://afltables.com/rl/misc/penalties.html#2018

2019 - 109, currently 5th highest for penalties conceded
2018 - 225, 2nd
2017 - 183, 2nd
2016 - 202, 2nd. Won the comp after all the goody 2 shoes years

2015 - 173, 13th
2014 - 142, 12th
2013 - 152, 12th
2012 - 114, 16th
2011 - 123, 13th

The differences in 2019 are significant. What they give penalties away for - so many more stupid penalties. No commitment to covering for them. Overconfidence in giving penalties away and then not playing out the next defensive set. . The mindset, the effort & hard edge to give penalties away as part of a winning strategy is gone. If you're going to give them away you gotta be consistently making metres, big metres, to offset and you have to be consistently strangling teams at the other end of the park.

In fact, nearly every year, with a couple of exceptions only, the premiers are one of the teams who appear in the top 5 or 6 for penalties conceded.

The penalties as they are being given now are not in and of themselves a problem. It's the other discipline that go along with giving away strategic penalties that count like chasing hard on the ensuing kickoff, pinning the other team down and waiting for an error. Like not making errors once you have the ball back. Like being controlled in how and why penalties are given. Fatigue - there are a lot of fatigue penalties this year. Blokes are playing injured, are older or young and still struggling with the pace of the game so shortcuts get taken.

As a collective this team doesn't have the mental toughness or desire to play a game where strategic penalties are given away. They certainly can't cope with out and out stupid, give the ref no choice, penalties

5 year plan. We are in one.

shaggs

Coach
Flanno DID stand for it. He coached it into them. Strategic penalties, like the Storm do, were part of the makeup of the gameplan. I suspect that Morris does want it out of the game but the rusted on attitude is hard to break.

https://afltables.com/rl/misc/penalties.html#2018

2019 - 109, currently 5th highest for penalties conceded
2018 - 225, 2nd
2017 - 183, 2nd
2016 - 202, 2nd. Won the comp after all the goody 2 shoes years

2015 - 173, 13th
2014 - 142, 12th
2013 - 152, 12th
2012 - 114, 16th
2011 - 123, 13th

The differences in 2019 are significant. What they give penalties away for - so many more stupid penalties. No commitment to covering for them. Overconfidence in giving penalties away and then not playing out the next defensive set. . The mindset, the effort & hard edge to give penalties away as part of a winning strategy is gone. If you're going to give them away you gotta be consistently making metres, big metres, to offset and you have to be consistently strangling teams at the other end of the park.

In fact, nearly every year, with a couple of exceptions only, the premiers are one of the teams who appear in the top 5 or 6 for penalties conceded.

The penalties as they are being given now are not in and of themselves a problem. It's the other discipline that go along with giving away strategic penalties that count like chasing hard on the ensuing kickoff, pinning the other team down and waiting for an error. Like not making errors once you have the ball back. Like being controlled in how and why penalties are given. Fatigue - there are a lot of fatigue penalties this year. Blokes are playing injured, are older or young and still struggling with the pace of the game so shortcuts get taken.

As a collective this team doesn't have the mental toughness or desire to play a game where strategic penalties are given away. They certainly can't cope with out and out stupid, give the ref no choice, penalties

5 year plan. We are in one.
Said the same last night.

Chimp

Juniors
Great minds think alike :)
Ill-disciplined in every part of the game. In defence, stupid stupid penalties - whether the pointless smashing of dummy runner, or holding down. In attack, basic basic mistakes, set after set after set.
As a team we look for short cuts at every opportunity. The holding down penalties are because we've lost the ruck and are trying to slow them down the cheap and easy way. In attack, Gain we don't win the ruck, so try and play the ball as quick as possible on the way to our feet, and drop it doing it.
The difference with this team is that in the past, we loved to play in those tight contests and just do the tough runs and basic play, win by out hard-working the opposition. This team would prefer to skip the hard work.

shadowboxer

First Grade
haven't had a win in any sport over the last few weeks shadow ...good luck to your son tomorrow hope he gets one for us
My boy lost 4-1 in the late afternoon sun - hell of a game and solid tough hit out against a pack of dirty merkins. All performed out of their skin and a great watch - puts things in a bit of perspective, the kids lost, but put in plenty - unlike the other mob I support

Feki is bae

Juniors
FMD it's another DISGRACEFUL performance!

Last week some apologists tried to claim we had been good against the Storm. BS...40-16 isn't good enough against any opponent and we put up another merkin of a game against a mediocre Warriors.

Moylan - 6 thought he was going to f**k up a few times but managed to hold onto the ball
Feki - 5 lost his zup out of dummy half
Xerri - 5 Not enough ball
Capewell - 6 Good in attack but missed some tackles
Mulitalo - 7
Johnson - 4
Townsend - 4
Fifita - 1 GTFO with that sin bin, terrible discipline.
Brailey - 3 bland
Woods - 5 walks into the defence then throws his bum at a tackler
Nikora - 7 Wasn't as bad as last week as he sliced through like a knife for a sweet try
Sorensen - 4 Wade Graham has more talent in his ball sack than Sorensen has in his whole boy
Gallen - 6

B Brailey - 3
Williams - 6
Hamlin-Uele 5
Prior - 3 The bloke's done

roboshark

Coach
My boy lost 4-1 in the late afternoon sun - hell of a game and solid tough hit out against a pack of dirty merkins. All performed out of their skin and a great watch - puts things in a bit of perspective, the kids lost, but put in plenty - unlike the other mob I support

Good on them for having a go. Run around in a nice sat arvo. Better than siting home playing Xbox 24/7.....like some other pretender bigname players

Feki is bae

Juniors
penalties

Good teams know how to push the refs right up to the limit. Sticky's Roosters were the kings of this, they were experts at bending the rules.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR.

Numbered incorrectly yet again.

Xerri and Capewell.

Me thinks, Xerri has a thing about 3, which is right centre according to the 2019 rule book.

Was what ET played,.might be his ego.

And you better believe when I am factually correct. I will never back down, how I got my name at work.

Yeah don't give a f**k, she'll be right, yeah not when running a firewall to block Chinese and Russian hackers. Professional is maybe just for professional organisations.

Chook raffle. ESL Jerseys, number 34 playing maybe left second row.

Facts are facts, probably does not matter that much. Just sport who needs to follow simple guidlines?

Number 3 is right centre threequarter.

Gallen ain't giving up 13.

https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/operations/documentation/arl-rules-book-2019.pdf

Section 3-4

Semi-Professional.

Don't run a bank.

Pommy

Coach
Didn’t watch the game is there an individual I should be pissed at for f**king up my perfect joker tipping round?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jack Williams, but more for coach leaving him on that long.

Individual moments.

Team game and he is to be forgiven.

SadShark

Bench
Didn’t watch the game is there an individual I should be pissed at for f**king up my perfect joker tipping round?
Yep, thanks to that anticipated, pea & half hearted effort from the shit kaaarnts that pull on a Sharks jersey in 2019, I tipped a poyfickt round.

Thank you again wholeheartedly, you no pride, disrespectful, careless, brainless, dumb kaarnting palookas in a Sharks jersey.

Oh, and a big, f**ken f**k you too kaaarnts. Go f**ken impale yourselves on a corner post.

Kaaarnts.

Latest posts