What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Fair enough assessment. We don't travel well at all and still don't show significant improvement in that area. Basically, that game showed me that while we have improved significantly this season, we won't be a force come finals time, assuming we make it. Having said that, I reckon we will beat the Sea Slugs at Bankwest.

We have not improved against full strength teams, only depleted ones, which in turn gives false hope!!!

Happy MEel

First Grade
Kudos sir
Guys I was out all day at Avalon of all places. I heard that the game changed when fat Paulo gave away a penalty on the last and they then made it 12 all.

Can I have an executive summary? Who do we stab this week? I haven’t even seen the game and am blaming Brad Arthur.
welcome to the hood mate. What did you think?

Should have popped in to Hitchcock park to watch the mighty Avalon Bulldogs towel up the Merrylands Rams.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Today’s game is the exact reason I would throw the bank at Jake T. He instantly fixes our middle defence and also improves our attack. We’re saving money in other key positions and IMO the reason should be to bring in someone of Jake’s quality in a position we desperately need to improve.

JokerEel

First Grade
Today’s game is the exact reason I would throw the bank at Jake T. He instantly fixes our middle defence and also improves our attack. We’re saving money in other key positions and IMO the reason should be to bring in someone of Jake’s quality in a position we desperately need to improve.

Only problem is we will have to throw the bank at both brothers then the other 2

IFR33K

Coach

Last year our attack was the issue, we lost many close games. This year our defence has turned to shit but our attack improved. Until something is done about our defensive structures, I’m not entirely sure one player can transform us.

The amount of times we had no marker today was mind blowing. We need changes ASAP.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Last year our attack was the issue, we lost many close games. This year our defence has turned to shit but our attack improved. Until something is done about our defensive structures, I’m not entirely sure one player can transform us.

The amount of times we had no marker today was mind blowing. We need changes ASAP.
I reckon it can. Jake’s ruck defence is second to none. his presence alone in the middle would transform our pack. Junior, Nrown, Jake T., Utoikamanu and 2017 Alvaro or Kaufusi is an excellent middle rotation. We have strike throughout our backline in Fergo, Sivo, Blake and hopefully Jennings. We have an immensely talented yet erratic half in Moses and a future superstar (IMO) in Drown. Throw in effort players in Gutho and Mahoney and we have the makings of a premiership threat.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon it can. Jake’s ruck defence is second to none. his presence alone in the middle would transform our pack. Junior, Nrown, Jake T., Utoikamanu and 2017 Alvaro/Kaufusi is an excellent t middle rotation. We have strike throughout our backline in Fergo, Sivo, Blake and hopefully Jennings. We have an immensely talented yet erratic half in Moses and a future superstar (IMO) in Drown. Throw in effort players in Gutho and Mahoney and we have the makings of a premiership threat.

I reckon Schneider will be the man long term. Mahoney passes and tackles. He is tough but his creativity at this point is no more then M.Keating.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well two who had indifferent games Tepai and Manu are out.

Our bench let us down today. It’s usually our strength.
The problem was Manly barely had to use their own bench. Their middle forwards made so few tackles they nearly all played the entire first half.

Delboy

First Grade
Some very obvious things to address.

We have had a defence coach for 2 years with no improvement in defensive structure or ruck control, should not be there next year.
Need help for Junior in attack charges , Evans is not really doing it although he is better than last year. Good teams have 2/3 props of Junior Paulo standard, recruitment a necessity to help juniors coming through. Manly showed how it's done, 2/3 beasts running hard, quick play the balls, shifts and gaining good field position at the end of sets.
Lane is OK, neither Tep or Mau offer what we need, Nikore needs to show some improvement and add sting to his defence.
Backs are generally good, could do with another experienced back up half ( not Will Smith)

Looks like the HOF knows where needs are , shows why he was originally interested in Gurgess. If moves are not made to address the forwards, then things will continue and we will sit around 6 to 10 with the current line up.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon Schneider will be the man long term. Mahoney passes and tackles. He is tough but his creativity at this point is no more then M.Keating.
If Schenider turns out better than Mahoney then fantastic. Mahoney’s doing a job at the moment and I think his attack will improve.

Latest posts