What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Special K

Coach
No it’s shit
I’m not going there.
I won’t be alone in that thinking.
I don’t get this thinking. Would you go all the way to Bankwest? Playing 15 minutes down the road really upsets you that much? They have to play somewhere. No SFS or SCG.

This whole thing is a cluster f**k but I much prefer them staying close. I’m much more likely to go to kogarah than f**ken parramatta.

The idea of not going because it’s at kogarah is just dumb and further hurts the club.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The idea of not going because it’s at kogarah is just dumb and further hurts the club.

We're talking about Sharks supporters here. We get sh*t crowds regardless, any reason not to go and they'll find it.

I'm sure they didn't take the decision to close down for two years lightly so if they need to play elsewhere they the closest ground possible plus some away games for $$ works for me.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Very happy the sharks are playing on the Sunshine Coast the game will be a guaranteed 12k sellout and a local philanthropist has said he will kick in big funds to redevelop the stadium which will hopefully lead to more NRL games.

11th biggest city in Australia and growing rapidly a bigger population than Townsville and Wollongong, maybe the sharks should moved there permanently :wink:

carcharias

Immortal
We're talking about Sharks supporters here. We get sh*t crowds regardless, any reason not to go and they'll find it.

I'm sure they didn't take the decision to close down for two years lightly so if they need to play elsewhere they the closest ground possible plus some away games for $$ works for me.

I’ve been to more games than every merkin in the current team put together.

I get season tix every year.
I’ll be one of the dumb merkins out there on Thursday.... it’ll probably rain and we’ll no doubt lose.

The Dragons owed the council rent for the ground.

Are we gonna have to pay to play at that shithole?
Better f**king not when we could get good money to play at ANZ.

Surely we could have a few double headers with dogs rabbits eels and tigers.

I’ll say it again.

It is easy to whinge about playing games out of Kogarah. But the whingers haven’t nominated a more appropriate stadium to play out of.

I’ve never heard of a stadium called “Anywhere but Kogarah”.

It’s easy to whinge but not easy to come up with a solution is it?

Crowds are truly shyte at home anyway so I don’t see it being a concern about “losing supporters”.

The big concern is a Leagues Club closed for two years.

I’ll say it again.

It is easy to whinge about playing games out of Kogarah. But the whingers haven’t nominated a more appropriate stadium to play out of.

I’ve never heard of a stadium called “Anywhere but Kogarah”.

It’s easy to whinge but not easy to come up with a solution is it?

Crowds are truly shyte at home anyway so I don’t see it being a concern about “losing supporters”.

The big concern is a Leagues Club closed for two years.
Closing the leagues club for 2 years will save money.

I’ve been to more games than every merkin in the current team put together.

I get season tix every year.
I’ll be one of the dumb merkins out there on Thursday.... it’ll probably rain and we’ll no doubt lose.

The Dragons owed the council rent for the ground.

Are we gonna have to pay to play at that shithole?
Better f**king not when we could get good money to play at ANZ.

Surely we could have a few double headers with dogs rabbits eels and tigers.

Well that’s a question to ask the board or Shark Cast to interview Dino again on how they came to this decision and did they investigate what ANZ would offer the Club to play there.

If they didn’t explore this option that would be disgraceful.

carcharias

Immortal
Well that’s a question to ask the board or Shark Cast to interview Dino again on how they came to this decision and did they investigate what ANZ would offer the Club to play there.

If they didn’t explore this option that would be disgraceful.

Well it’s true
Dragons had to pay rent
Why the f**k would we get it for free?

Well it’s true
Dragons had to pay rent
Why the f**k would we get it for free?

I don’t doubt we have to pay rent there.

Like I said it would be great for Frank to touch base with Dino on Shark Cast and find out how this was the best decision for fans and the Club.

carcharias

Immortal
I don’t doubt we have to pay rent there.

Like I said it would be great for Frank to touch base with Dino on Shark Cast and find out how this was the best decision for fans and the Club.
Actually you had a crack at people for not wanting to go to Kogarah.
Apart from it being the arch rivals home ground it is just a stupid idea money wise.
It is idiotic if we can get paid to play somewhere else.

Yeah get Dino or whatever on the show.

It all just reeks of Cronullafication.

Bad timing everywhere.
Who is now numero uno in organising what happens with the $40M???

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So dogs rabbits roosters and sharks without a home next year?
Homebush timeline
The clubs have been advised that work on ANZ Stadium will begin after the 2020 State of Origin series, during which the venue will host one game
Work is expected to be completed in time for the 2023 NRL season.

Commenting on the changes, NRL Chief Executive Todd Greenberg stated “we always knew there would be some challenges for our clubs and for the game with major works being done to the stadium network in Sydney.

“We will work closely with the clubs as we develop the Premiership schedule in coming years, knowing ANZ Stadium as well as Allianz Stadium will not be available.
LINK

We will be paying the council for the use Kogarah, I imagine it is far cheap than Parramatta.

How far is WIN?

Homebush timeline
LINK

We will be paying the council for the use Kogarah, I imagine it is far cheap than Parramatta.

How far is WIN?

Interesting.

ANZ out of use next season.

A lot of nomad clubs because of Stadium rebuilds.

WIN is Wollongong.

Way too far away.

It all just reeks of Cronullafication.

Bad timing everywhere.
Who is now numero uno in organising what happens with the $40M???

Whoever it is they’ll have to be creative to make the money grow.

Bank Interest ain’t going to do it atm with where Bank rates are at currently.