What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
At Moore Park

Demolition of the stadium started in early 2019, with construction to begin in the second half of 2019. The new stadium will be completed by March 2022. The expected lifespan for the new stadium will be 50 years.

LINK

Quicksilver

Bench
Google says if leaving Rydges Cronulla
WIN 58mins
Bankwest 55mins
Kogarah 20mins
Belmore 35mins
Leichhardt 43mins

SFS 35mins, Homebush 52mins.

They you have to park

I think all those estimates are very generous, except for Kogarah.

Special K

Coach
WIN 58mins
Bankwest 55mins
Kogarah 20mins
Belmore 35mins
Leichhardt 43mins

They you have to park
Exactly. If we have to move doesn’t it make sense to go to 20 minutes down the road?

Who in their right mind would rather travel another 35 minutes each way just because it isn’t kogarah.

What is the argument? It’s kogarah. The dragons barely play there. List a better alternative

carcharias

Immortal
It’s 20 mins to walk from wherever the f**k you could find a miracle parking spot in Allawah ... that’s before you even think about driving from the shire.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am that old when I was a boy the Eels had to play at Belmore while the 'new' Parra Stadium was built. Yeah the one they just rebuilt again.

Was awesome for me had the Eels one weekend then the dogs next weekend, and had a free pass as I played junior footy. Sterlo, Kenny, Price, Mortimers Hughes'. When the Sharks visited Sorensons, Rogers.

FTR Parramatta won the premiership despite Belmore being thier home ground for the entire season.

WIN 58mins
Bankwest 55mins
Kogarah 20mins
Belmore 35mins
Leichhardt 43mins

They you have to park

This is the problem.

WIN is 58mins from Cronulla.

Half of our membership is not from Cronulla. So shifting games to WIN for people living North is a bridge to far.

The more you shift the game more to the centre of Sydney the more fans you will be engaging.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This is the problem.

WIN is 58mins from Cronulla.

Half of our membership is not from Cronulla. So shifting games to WIN for people living North is a bridge to far.

The more you shift the game more to the centre of Sydney the more fans you will be engaging.
not suggesting WIN. Reflection suggests cheapest deal.

Quicksilver

Bench
Kogarah is by far the easiest by public transport from the shire. You need to go past it on the train to get to anywhere else.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I am that old when I was a boy the Eels had to play at Belmore while the 'new' Parra Stadium was built. Yeah the one they just rebuilt again.

Was awesome for me had the Eels one weekend then the dogs next weekend, and had a free pass as I played junior footy. Sterlo, Kenny, Price, Mortimers Hughes'. When the Sharks visited Sorensons, Rogers.

FTR Parramatta won the premiership despite Belmore being thier home ground for the entire season.

2 premierships. '82 and '83. They were at Belmore for 4 years all up

I remember Balmain moving from Leichhardt in the early 70s because they had to turn the ground around as it was an east/west layout.

They also had to move to Parramatta Stadium in '95,'96 and '97

Oh and beside the point but, I was at Cumberland Oval for the cremation in 1981. What a firkin night that was

Let’s just hope they get the League’s Club done right for the inconvenience of two years as nomads.

They only get one shot at this.

Has anything been put out there on what the New Leagues Club will have?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exactly. If we have to move doesn’t it make sense to go to 20 minutes down the road?

Who in their right mind would rather travel another 35 minutes each way just because it isn’t kogarah.

What is the argument? It’s kogarah. The dragons barely play there. List a better alternative

Anzac Oval. Who needs grandstands

Latest posts