What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Angry_eel

First Grade
We lost but I thought there were some good signs in that game. That Perry try...Wow...That's just not Parra. It doesn't happen to us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I guess we could kind of see this performance coming.
We definitely saw it coming. We have a bunch of must win games coming up and as Arthur's said, we were in a position where we could rest Ferguson. The subtext is that it was a game we could afford to lose. The players obviously thought so too.

Meanwhile for Manly it was a must win game, given their upcoming draw. We'll probably finish ahead of them on the ladder.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was disappointed because of the missed tackles and giving the opposition so much field position, again playing away from home.

At Bankwest they have so much energy against any side but away from home against the likes of Manly, Newcastle, Cronulla, Melbourne, they seem to panic early and dont aim up in defence. Aside from the Melbourne game, they find a way to get back into the game which is fine, and better than last year, but its those starts they need fix up.

At 12- 6 up I thought good we're going well here but they still need to keep Manly in their own half and didnt do that. When Laine dropped that ball from D Brown, you can see the heads go down and they werent talking in defense.

Next away game is against the Dragons, then there's Titans and Broncos.

Doesnt matter how bad the Dragons and Titans are they need to go in with the right attitude. In fact, I'll state the obvious, its the same for every game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I was disappointed because of the missed tackles and giving the opposition so much field position, again playing away from home.

At Bankwest they have so much energy against any side but away from home against the likes of Manly, Newcastle, Cronulla, Melbourne, they seem to panic early and dont aim up in defence. Aside from the Melbourne game, they find a way to get back into the game which is fine, and better than last year, but its those starts they need fix up.

At 12- 6 up I thought good we're going well here but they still need to keep Manly in their own half and didnt do that. When Laine dropped that ball from D Brown, you can see the heads go down and they werent talking in defense.

Next away game is against the Dragons, then there's Titans and Broncos.

Doesnt matter how bad the Dragons and Titans are they need to go in with the right attitude. In fact, I'll state the obvious, its the same for every game.

Agree there

at 12-6 up, though we might have gone up a cog, but went reverse

I think most of us thought at some point or another thought they were gonna pile well over 50, so to win the 2nd half was a tiny step forward I guess playing away from home. BA looked to be giving them a spray at HT which may have sent a rocket up some, but also Manly started to play crap too which helped

Need to beat Warriors at home which we should, but also if we are fair dinkum need to beat Dragons down the road, and Titans at CBus

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Kearney is half the coach Poo gives him credit for, he was handed the blueprint on how to beat up on our guys next week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Kearney is half the coach Poo gives him credit for, he was handed the blueprint on how to beat up on our guys next week.
Newcastle did 3 months ago, I thought we were poor around the ruck last week but they didn’t have the forwards or andummy half with some speed to exploit us.

hindy111

Post Whore
Me too. I picked 7/7 and then predicted Manly would win when I cashed out.

I did some quick sums. I made enough to buy 11 $16 gins (5 for you, 6 for me) and 4 $1 Hamburgers (2 each).

I was lying. But I am glad you won. Love seeing betting agents lose money.

Latest posts