What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we lock the gameday thread?

Do you want the gameday thread to be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Couldn't give a shit

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Lock the thread an hour or two after full time

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I voted to lock it an hour or two after the game.

I was going to vote for 'I couldn't give a shit' but I was worried that I'd become emotional if someone called me 'Gary Fenceful'.

strider

Post Whore
I voted to lock it an hour or two after the game.

I was going to vote for 'I couldn't give a shit' but I was worried that I'd become emotional if someone called me 'Gary Fenceful'.
But you still went for the option with 2 alternatives, "an hour or two", you fence sitting splinter gatherer

Eelogical

Referee
Buncha merkins. I'm just trying to fit in!
SBQ-Why-Fit-In.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Over 60% of merkins who could be f**ked voting on this poll don't want the thread locked straight away.

How many people couldn't be f**ked voting though? Maybe we need another poll.

Fair point to be honest and I understand you are taking the piss.

The poll has spoken. The vocal minority win and the silent majority end up with what they had. I reckon they don't give a shite anyway.
I'm impressed that the mods acted upon what was requested, and I'm happy that things are back to the way they were. It's no big deal in the end.
I also don't think, that ultimately, it was such a big deal, but others obviously did. It was just another thread.

Maybe we should just have one thread for every match then. It could be argued now why we need a pre match team naming thread, and then a game day thread as well? It's all about the match I suppose, so if it's not agreeable to have 3 threads, (before, during and after threads) why have 2?

Let's just have 1 thread for each match, eh?

Why not?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

The poll has spoken. The vocal minority win and the silent majority end up with what they had. I reckon they don't give a shite anyway.
I'm impressed that the mods acted upon what was requested, and I'm happy that things are back to the way they were. It's no big deal in the end.
I also don't think, that ultimately, it was such a big deal, but others obviously did. It was just another thread.

Maybe we should just have one thread for every match then. It could be argued now why we need a pre match team naming thread, and then a game day thread as well? It's all about the match I suppose, so if it's not agreeable to have 3 threads, (before, during and after threads) why have 2?

Why not?
That's a good point.

Why not?
I think two works well. And if you think about it we really only have pre and post match threads. In the team list or pre-match thread we discuss team selections and things that are yet to happen, and in the game or post-match thread we discuss things that have happened. And no one ever called for the pre-match thread to be locked. Discussion just moved naturally from one to the other. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think two works well. And if you think about it we really only have pre and post match threads. In the team list or pre-match thread we discuss team selections and things that are yet to happen, and in the game or post-match thread we discuss things that have happened. And no one ever called for the pre-match thread to be locked. Discussion just moved naturally from one to the other. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke...
*isn't broken

Latest posts