What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

Sime_11

Juniors
we've played our way into the team you probably don't want to face in an elimination final week 1 - but we must continue to take this 1 week at a time.

whilst it's an important game against the Raiders, it wont decide our season if we lose, but if we beat Cronulla, Brisbane & the Knights (cowboys maybe as well depending on results) - we finish 8th at worst IMO, I also think if we go 10 wins in a row, we finish 8th at worst from there (chalking up win 10 in a row against the Sharks would be pretty sweet :p)

most importantly as others have said, we just have to keep winning, that puts pressure on the top 4 and if they slip up, we will be in a position to capitalise.

Black Diamond

Juniors
I hope Ivan sits the boys down before each game from here on in and make them listen to tonights NRL 360 where Mick Ennis mouthed on about how Penrith are not finals contenders. That should be good for motivation.

TheFrog

Coach
I hope Ivan sits the boys down before each game from here on in and make them listen to tonights NRL 360 where Mick Ennis mouthed on about how Penrith are not finals contenders. That should be good for motivation.
I saw that. He said we need another month to be a premiership contender. Our next 4 opponents are Raiders, Bulldogs, Sharks and Broncos. Not that hard but you've gotta win these games.

Fangs

Coach
Still the worst F/A in the top 8 by a long way. -49

Outside the 8 and still in contention:

Warriors -34
Broncos -42
Sharks -9
Tigers -68
Cowboys -69
Dragons -100

Apart from the Bulldogs we probably won't get another chance to win a game by a big margin. Its gotta be win win win from here.

Pomoz

Bench
Still the worst F/A in the top 8 by a long way. -49

Outside the 8 and still in contention:

Warriors -34
Broncos -42
Sharks -9
Tigers -68
Cowboys -69
Dragons -100

Apart from the Bulldogs we probably won't get another chance to win a game by a big margin. Its gotta be win win win from here.
We don't need to win by a big margin. If we keep winning with plus 10 scores and our contenders lose by a similar amount we start making 20 point slices off our F/A. We just need the contenders to lose a few.
[Edit] I forgot to add and for us not to lose by big margins.

OldPanther

Coach
We don't need to win by a big margin. If we keep winning with plus 10 scores and our contenders lose by a similar amount we start making 20 point slices off our F/A. We just need the contenders to lose a few.
[Edit] I forgot to add and for us not to lose by big margins.

Exactly. With 7 games to go even smaller wins gives us enough points and a positive F/A to play finals.

We hit 34 points undefeated.

If we only win the home games we go to 26. Win those and beat the dogs that's 28.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Looking ahead to round 19
What outcomes favour us the best.

1- We need to beat the Raiders. This is by far the biggest influence of our weekend, win this and nothing else really affects us.
2- Either Sharks or Cowboys will get closer to us (unless we beat the Raiders)
3- We need the Tigers to beat the Knights keeping them both on 18 points
4- Souths V Dragons is the side 6 points in front of us V the team 6 points behind us. A Dragon win useful but not a major influence and not very likely unless Mary gets sacked during the week:)
5- Warriors win over the Eels would help
6- A Titans win over the Broncos would help
7- Storm beating Manly would help
8- Bulldogs beating the Roosters would be helpful. Did I just type that?

Lest see what happens......

Weekend review.

1- Lost to Raiders. Manly and Eels winning move them further ahead of us.
2- Sharks get closer to us.
3- Tiger beat Newcastle getting them 1 win behind us.
4- Souths won so move to 28 points, well out of our reach.
5- Warriors lost. Not good.
6- Broncos won also not good,
7-Manly won, again not good for us.
8- Was never going to happen and was also not good for us.

So looking at all the results not a good weekend for us. Us losing and none of the other results working our way. We are still 7th. Unfortunately 4 teams are within striking distance. Broncos on 19 points and Knights, Tigers and Sharks just one win away.

OldPanther

Coach
Weekend review.

1- Lost to Raiders. Manly and Eels winning move them further ahead of us.
2- Sharks get closer to us.
3- Tiger beat Newcastle getting them 1 win behind us.
4- Souths won so move to 28 points, well out of our reach.
5- Warriors lost. Not good.
6- Broncos won also not good,
7-Manly won, again not good for us.
8- Was never going to happen and was also not good for us.

So looking at all the results not a good weekend for us. Us losing and none of the other results working our way. We are still 7th. Unfortunately 4 teams are within striking distance. Broncos on 19 points and Knights, Tigers and Sharks just one win away.

Those teams are also a very good chance of picking up wins. We'll need to be good to make the 8.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Round 20,
What would be the best outcomes for Round 20?

1- Cowboys beat Tigers, keeps Tigers 2 points behind us.
2- Storm beat the Broncos. Storm away but coming off a loss. Bellemy will have them fired up so should win.
3- Sea Eagles to beat the Knights. Makes getting into the top 4 harder but making the top 8 easier.
4- We need to smash the Dogs too Improve our points for and against and keep us ahead of the pack. Remember they have beaten the Sharks and Knights recently so don't take this as an easy win.
5- We need the Rabbits to beat the Sharks. Again this hurts our top 4 chances but improves our chances of making the 8.
6- Dragons beating the Eels would help but unless Mary gets the sack I cant't see that happening.

TheFrog

Coach
5- We need the Rabbits to beat the Sharks. Again this hurts our top 4 chances but improves our chances of making the 8.
I think our chances of making the top 4 are gone.

6- Dragons beating the Eels would help but unless Mary gets the sack I cant't see that happening.

Mary isn't getting the sack. The Dragons are not in a financial position to pay him out. Nonetheless I'd call Dragons a fair chance of winning this. They were very unlucky to lose to the Rabbitohs.

Fangs

Coach
Suddenly the run home doesn't look so easy:

Bulldogs (Away)
Sharks (Home)
Broncos (Away)
Cowboys (Away)
Roosters (Away)
Knights (Home)

Dogs aren't the Titans, they are testing most teams. Pull your pants down potential written all over them.

Sharks/Broncos back in the winners circle. Sharks with the experience (And our bogey side), Broncos relentless in the middle.

Cowboys beat the Roosters and took Rabbits/Sharks down the wire. Plus we have to play them and the Broncos out of state.

Big test for Dave Mate's coaching IMO. He turned things around this year but we have seen his teams fall away at the back end of the year before. Disappointing if he lets that happen again.

unKwn

Juniors
we’ll come 7th and get killed at bankwest week 1. or we’ll come 8th and get killed even harder at lottoland week 1.

that’s how i see it

franklin2323

Immortal
Suddenly the run home doesn't look so easy:

Bulldogs (Away)
Sharks (Home)
Broncos (Away)
Cowboys (Away)
Roosters (Away)
Knights (Home)

Dogs aren't the Titans, they are testing most teams. Pull your pants down potential written all over them.

Sharks/Broncos back in the winners circle. Sharks with the experience (And our bogey side), Broncos relentless in the middle.

Cowboys beat the Roosters and took Rabbits/Sharks down the wire. Plus we have to play them and the Broncos out of state.

Big test for Dave Mate's coaching IMO. He turned things around this year but we have seen his teams fall away at the back end of the year before. Disappointing if he lets that happen again.

It never was easy. I have said all season we'd get 10 wins. We lucked out with Reynolds and Burgess being out when we played Souths.

Only certainty is beat Dogs.

Sharks- we never beat them even their reserve grade team beat us.

Broncs and NQ- we have won 6 from 35 gamee in QLD.

Roosters- our attack is not good enough for good teams