What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior to writing this

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I like Prior, got hurt earlier in the year, has not played well since.

Anyways all about the price these days, Parra will probably offer something we cannot match, so I would wish him well if that is the case.

I will always be on the players side. Clubs ditch players without hesitation.

carcharias

Immortal
When Ben Barba arrived at our club we were a basket case club. 2 additions to the Roster & offseason to get training suited & we went from Titans level, to winning 15 straight & the premiership. I can remember the same heads in 2016 saying sack prior, sack Gallen, sack Fifita etc etc etc before we went on to win the GF.
Fair dinkum. More fiction in these forums these days than there ever was.
People are playing bad. The team is playing bad. It has been disjointed through injuries & the use of 30 players during the season. Some of our current roster are not regular first graders yet. Williams, Nikora, Xerri, Ronaldo, Brailey.
It does not mean it cannot be turned around next week.

When Barba arrived we were a basket case
When Barba left he was a basket case

Ha

txta2

Bench
If he goes you lose a bit more toughness from the pack. Cant really retain him if he is offered more

sandshark

Bench
He's had a good spell with us and we'll all remember he was a part of the premiership winning side and the run of form he had last season to jump into the NSW sqaud.
I just feel like this season he is more interested in bashing blokes.. Fafita too. Feels like those two play for themselves only.

Maybe Parra will give him something to play well for again. Gain some of that form back.

Ennis was asked what’s wrong with the Sharks on NRL 360.

Said when he arrived at the Sharks as a player he was impressed with the Sharks standard in defence. Kick chase, gritty & aggressive in tackles.

He said he doesn’t see it now.

Also said their recruitment of late “whilst talented individuals” he doesn’t think they are typical Cronulla players.

Interesting.

I totally agree with him.

We’ve recruited mentally soft, flashy inconsistent players, injury prone and don’t want to compete with the aggression required in First Grade. These were also players that had red flags at their previous clubs.

Weaponhead

Coach
Ennis was asked what’s wrong with the Sharks on NRL 360.

Said when he arrived at the Sharks as a player he was impressed with the Sharks standard in defence. Kick chase, gritty & aggressive in tackles.

He said he doesn’t see it now.

Also said their recruitment of late “whilst talented individuals” he doesn’t think they are typical Cronulla players.

Interesting.

I totally agree with him.

We’ve recruited mentally soft, flashy inconsistent players, injury prone and don’t want to compete with the aggression required in First Grade. These were also players that had red flags at their previous clubs.
Makes sense. The pack is very similar to when Ennis played. What's changed with them? Winning the comp seems to have taken the hunger away.

The point about recruitment makes a lot of sense. Flashy players from clubs not known for consistent excellence - Warriors, Panthers, Dragons. Josh Morris was a good pick up. Thorough professional.

Makes sense. The pack is very similar to when Ennis played. What's changed with them? Winning the comp seems to have taken the hunger away.

The point about recruitment makes a lot of sense. Flashy players from clubs not known for consistent excellence - Warriors, Panthers, Dragons. Josh Morris was a good pick up. Thorough professional.

Agreed Weaponhead.

Josh Morris is a Cronulla type player.

Yes. Determined gritty & aggressive in tackles. No better exponent of that this year than Duges. I think Uele & Moz also.
Unfortunately for his opinion, all our trys are coming off the guys hes talking about. Johnno & Moyza.
In the end, Ennis is a smart guy & even though he works for the Raiders now, he would be hoping that little sting gets amplified through the telegraph & through to all our halves & motivate them a bit more.

Chimp

Bench
Prior is suffering in my opinion from new dad syndrome. Happens to plenty of blokes - once they become a Dad, it puts other shit into perspective, becomes harder to 'hate' the opposition, harder to be as dedicated to your profession as they see time with the kid is more important.... until they turn into toddlers, then you cant wait to get away from the little b'stards

Frenzy.

Immortal
Prior is suffering in my opinion from new dad syndrome. Happens to plenty of blokes - once they become a Dad, it puts other shit into perspective, becomes harder to 'hate' the opposition, harder to be as dedicated to your profession as they see time with the kid is more important.... until they turn into toddlers, then you cant wait to get away from the little b'stards

Probably true. The bulging disc in his neck wouldn't helping either

Frenzy.

Immortal
More important is the amount of debutants in the use of players. At times we had 15 games total spread across 5 players

2019 Debutants (Not a rookie list. Does not include last round and does not include blokes who debuted in previous years)

Broncos 10
Storm 8
Raiders 8
Roosters 7
Rabbits 5
Panthers 5
Sharks 5
Sea Eagles 4
Warriors 4
Wests Tigers 2
Bulldogs 2
Dragons 2
Eels 2
Cowboys 1
Knights 1
Titans 1

So, I take your point, even if your numbers are skewed (it was 14 games across 4 players) but it seems a disruption most clubs have had. Interestingly 3 out of 4 of the clubs heading the list for blooding newbies are in the top 4. Mind you, all of these clubs have a history of blooding kids young while the experienced guys are around,

This is another area Pissflap has brought the team undone i.e. his outright stubbornness in blooding rookies during his tenure. The fallout from the 2019 injury "crisis" has been compounded by the past attitude of staunch incumbency and reticence to blood new players.

The whole thing is another area where the big clubs just do it better.

2019 Debutants (Not a rookie list. Does not include last round and does not include blokes who debuted in previous years)

Broncos 10
Storm 8
Raiders 8
Roosters 7
Rabbits 5
Panthers 5
Sharks 5
Sea Eagles 4
Warriors 4
Wests Tigers 2
Bulldogs 2
Dragons 2
Eels 2
Cowboys 1
Knights 1
Titans 1

So, I take your point, even if your numbers are skewed (it was 14 games across 4 players) but it seems a disruption most clubs have had. Interestingly 3 out of 4 of the clubs heading the list for blooding newbies are in the top 4. Mind you, all of these clubs have a history of blooding kids young while the experienced guys are around,

This is another area Pissflap has brought the team undone i.e. his outright stubbornness in blooding rookies during his tenure. The fallout from the 2019 injury "crisis" has been compounded by the past attitude of staunch incumbency and reticence to blood new players.

The whole thing is another area where the big clubs just do it better.
Well that would include Uele , who in reality debuted this year. Also Williams, who played I think 3 games last year. Also Flanagan played 1 game last year?
So in reality, it takes up to 8. Then you look at how many new faces in the team , from last years side. Would have to be close to 10-11
There is no way the Titans have debuted only 1 player this year. That cant be right.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Well that would include Uele , who in reality debuted this year. Also Williams, who played I think 3 games last year. Also Flanagan played 1 game last year?
So in reality, it takes up to 8. Then you look at how many new faces in the team , from last years side. Would have to be close to 10-11
There is no way the Titans have debuted only 1 player this year. That cant be right.

I think it is right. I’m not sure who it was but I’m pretty sure he’s right.

Frenzy.

Immortal

No it does not include Uele. I made that clear. He debuted in 2017 anyway, at the Cowboys. If you think adding a few false debutants in would change what you said I could add another 50 players across the other teams totals.

Titans have debuted only one player. Jesse Arthars.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.48.07 pm.png