What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Manly LIVE GAME DAY thread 21/7/19

Djay

Juniors
This team has some serious issues, mentally, defensively and away from home.

Firstly, it cannot be anything other then a mental problem that this team plays like superstars at home but don't show up away from home. They have no idea how to cope with anything little thing going against them, whether it be a mistake, a refereeing decision, whatever it may be, they roll over and let the opposition embarrass them every single time. They are mentally fragile and are never willing to go through the hard yards up against it to fight through. It's been a glaring issue all year and until it's sorted, this year net year or in 10 years we will never progress. It's been an issue within the club for probably 30 years.

Defensively we started the year solid but we have gradually gotten worse, our middles get absolutely destroyed week in week out, teams make 80+ metres off every set, and we are now getting caught out wide nearly all the time. Everyone has worked out how to play against us and we have no answer for it.

I thought we did really well to grab the lead after going 6-0 down, a good kicking game from Drown and Moses shows how important it is to have one, but again they went and scored one try to pull it back even and Parramatta do what Parramatta does, we go onto concede 6 tries I think it was? Consecutively, clueless as to how to stem the flow. It happens often, we don't concede one or two, we concede multiple and pretty much lose the game within a 20-30 min period. It's alarming at how easily we crumble. This side and club are a very long way away from winning anything, years and years away and if we were to make the semis we would only be making the numbers up. The fact that this team can lose by 50 away from home at any given time is a true reflection of how far off we really are.

We have improved considerably from last year which is great but after 30 odd years that doesn't even cut it anymore.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This team has some serious issues, mentally, defensively and away from home.

Firstly, it cannot be anything other then a mental problem that this team plays like superstars at home but don't show up away from home. They have no idea how to cope with anything little thing going against them, whether it be a mistake, a refereeing decision, whatever it may be, they roll over and let the opposition embarrass them every single time. They are mentally fragile and are never willing to go through the hard yards up against it to fight through. It's been a glaring issue all year and until it's sorted, this year net year or in 10 years we will never progress. It's been an issue within the club for probably 30 years.

Defensively we started the year solid but we have gradually gotten worse, our middles get absolutely destroyed week in week out, teams make 80+ metres off every set, and we are now getting caught out wide nearly all the time. Everyone has worked out how to play against us and we have no answer for it.

I thought we did really well to grab the lead after going 6-0 down, a good kicking game from Drown and Moses shows how important it is to have one, but again they went and scored one try to pull it back even and Parramatta do what Parramatta does, we go onto concede 6 tries I think it was? Consecutively, clueless as to how to stem the flow. It happens often, we don't concede one or two, we concede multiple and pretty much lose the game within a 20-30 min period. It's alarming at how easily we crumble. This side and club are a very long way away from winning anything, years and years away and if we were to make the semis we would only be making the numbers up. The fact that this team can lose by 50 away from home at any given time is a true reflection of how far off we really are.

We have improved considerably from last year which is great but after 30 odd years that doesn't even cut it anymore.
Great post, honestly sneaking into the top 8 is no great achievement in a comp as lopsided and as poor as this one.

Djay

Juniors
Great post, honestly sneaking into the top 8 is no great achievement in a comp as lopsided and as poor as this one.
Roosters
Melbourne

Souths

Daylight

Rest of competition.

We have showed nothing to suggest we could even contend with any of these teams, in fact Melbourne was one of the team that absolutely obliterated us and that game was the game I lost all hope of faith in this team this year, especially after such a promising start to the year.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, the comp this year is horrible.

But you keep believing it’s some great achievement.

I am constantly fascinated by merkins on here (you included) who after a loss revert to a worst case scenario, bottom of the barrel, wrist slashing, pessimistic view. Usually in contrast to the buoyant view only a few days earlier. It is black and white for you guys. If we are winning, life is good. If we lose you revert to catastrophising and shaming.

This all coming after a game that nobody expected us to win. :thinking:

84 Baby

Referee
I think the regular season comp is shit. Finals is a bit less shit but it still allows for rewarding the shitness of regular season

hindy111

Post Whore
I am constantly fascinated by merkins on here (you included) who after a loss revert to a worst case scenario, bottom of the barrel, wrist slashing, pessimistic view. Usually in contrast to the buoyant view only a few days earlier. It is black and white for you guys. If we are winning, life is good. If we lose you revert to catastrophising and shaming.

The effort was quite tragic to be fair.
I mean that 10min period where they leaked 5 tries was embarrasing. Not to many NRL teams that would happen to.

Gronk

Staff member
The effort was quite tragic to be fair.
I mean that 10min period where they leaked 5 tries was embarrasing. Not to many NRL teams that would happen to.

OR Manly were on fire for that 20 mins. They rolled up the middle like Storm at their very best. No team would have stopped them in that mood. Good thing that they could not maintain that mindset, the possession evened out and the rest of the game was pretty even. Unfortunately too late for us to claw back so many points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You be happy with us being big average, we are light years off winning a comp let alone competing for one. The standards of Eels fans are the lowest in the comp. No wonder we now have the longest drought in Australian sport and the most spoons.

But but but we have beat some teams more pathetic than us and we have won more games than last year........

hindy111

Post Whore
OR Manly were on fire for that 20 mins. They rolled up the middle like Storm at their very best. No team would have stopped them in that mood. Good thing that they could not maintain that mindset, the possession evened out and the rest of the game was pretty even. Unfortunately too late for us to claw back so many points.

That's bullshit. We did not put in mate. We where soft.
The last 10 we scored a couple once they winded down. The scoreline flattered us. It was woefull defense in the middle

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL!!

We made them look like the Storm, as I said you be happy with this club being bog average.

Any year we don’t win a spoon is an achievement for most of the fans.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
LOL!!

We made them look like the Storm, as I said you be happy with this club being big average.

Any year we don’t win a spoon is an achievement for most of the fans.

Good to have you back mate.
bow.gif