What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays D-Day......... Change, Same or Dummy Spit?

redVinme

Juniors
Starting to think readtheplay might actually be on to something. Said coahing changes but not Mary. Enter Trent Barrett. The funny thing is Mary is going to feel exactly what price felt when he white anted him out of the building.
Save our saints

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
ifbnrq.jpg

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm predicting after the Board Meeting will come the standard SPIN announcement.
Further end of season review panel will be set up, made up of former Dragon Players. Mary will be given more resources & assistants with Trent Barrett to be his co-advisor. He'll end up with more assistants and advisors than Donald Trump & yet get the same result. ...f**k everything around him & deny it all!

Ok, so today is D-Day............... will we see a change in coach?
Will we see squat and more of the same?
Will us fans have a dummy spit with whatever happens?

I'm hoping for a change but wouldn't be surprised with, more of the same and will have a dummy spit because of it.
Great, just answered my own question!

Your thoughts..................
I reckon WIN is cheap and the main consideration will be what it will cost them to turf McGregor.
That means they will wag a finger at him and saddle him up until the first part of 2020 at least.
That means more of the same.
Hard for Johnston and the Board to admit that they have made a massive mistake by resigning McGregor but they will have to choose between owning up to that and biting the bullet OR continuing to rationalize failure with zero credibility.
As a result, I am practicing my very best dummy spit.
Not holding my breath for anything meaningful.

jeffdragon

Bench
Ok, so today is D-Day............... will we see a change in coach?
Will we see squat and more of the same?
Will us fans have a dummy spit with whatever happens?

I'm hoping for a change but wouldn't be surprised with, more of the same and will have a dummy spit because of it.
Great, just answered my own question!

Your thoughts..................

100% the same.
Their biggest decision will be to choose between fried rice and boiled.

Walpole

Juniors
Come on, we all know the most likely thing is that Johnston comes out with a very stern look and says the club is committed to success, poor results will not be accepted, Mary has our full support for now, the players are hurting, we will turn this around...zzzzzzz....but on a positive note, the water boy, a ball boy, the bloke who washes the jerseys and a doorman at the club have been sacked and six more old boys have been added as assistant coaches...and the lineup for this weeks game is a cut and paste except Hunt has decided to have a run because he feels like having a game of footy will make him feel better...

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Come on, we all know the most likely thing is that Johnston comes out with a very stern look and says the club is committed to success, poor results will not be accepted, Mary has our full support for now, the players are hurting, we will turn this around...zzzzzzz....but on a positive note, the water boy, a ball boy, the bloke who washes the jerseys and a doorman at the club have been sacked and six more old boys have been added as assistant coaches...and the lineup for this weeks game is a cut and paste except Hunt has decided to have a run because he feels like having a game of footy will make him feel better...
My money is on this

hermidale1

Juniors
It will be no change to the NRL coaching staff with a new Assistant Coach added, but several players will be released and staff from the sheds to the junior ranks will be moved on.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Imagine all the excuses which will be dished out today from Mary and co. They will start with JDB, then injuries, then Origin period and finish with if the field was shorter we would have won more games.

I cannot see any more changes coming. The only one that should be discussed is if Mary does not make the 8 he is sacked as part of a clause inserted in his latest contract and they are discussing next years coach position because they can see the writing is on the wall and they will need to start interviewing. But that is wishful thinking. As if they are smart enough to have a clause like that in his contract.

Isn't JDB in courts today as well for the last fight with NRL's rule. I have a feeling it is more around that and getting him away from the club if he loses the case or sue the pants off the NRL for lost revenue and damage to the club this rule has caused.