What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the worst fanbase?

Which team has the worst fanbase?

• Broncos

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Dragons

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Eels

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Knights

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rabbitohs

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Raiders

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Sea Eagles

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sharks

Votes: 31 23.8%

• Total voters

mozza91

Coach
Can someone explain to me where the antagonism between Raiders and Knights fans stems from?
It’s pretty deep seated in this forum. I based my whinging assumption on a game I went to in Canberra not this forum.

They were beating us by 40 at half time and the fans were going berserk at the refs, it was weird as f**k.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Dead heat for first between the Broncos and the Storm.

A distant third is the Roosters thanks to Albert.

The best are the Knights and the Sharks.

TheDalek079

Bench
Warriors fans at home are really nice and hospitable. Got our fair share of rowdy dickheads away in Sydney though.

i think it depends on the result. some wanker threatened me coz i was looking too happy when the Roosters won, but another time when we lost a big fat guy hugged me

Slackboy72

Coach
It’s pretty deep seated in this forum. I based my whinging assumption on a game I went to in Canberra not this forum.

They were beating us by 40 at half time and the fans were going berserk at the refs, it was weird as f**k.

Was it all the fans or just skeepe?

Reflector

Juniors
Every team has its' one-eyed lunatics and people you'd like to see go home in a police wagon. But over the years you tend to notice some supporter groups have things in common-

Most likely to carry on like arrogant pricks when they're winning: Manly, Brisbane

Most likely to swear by Holdens/ Fords, drink VB/ New and pump Acca Dacca/ Chisel/ Oils 24/7, regardless of how much coin they earn: Knights, Tigers, Panthers

Biggest ferals (of the houso variety): Souths, Tigers

Biggest ferals (of the rum-pig, country-bumpkin variety): Raiders

Most likely to wear a flag cape on January 26th: Sharks, Manly, Cowboys

Biggest piss-heads: Souths, Raiders, Cowboys

Most likely to jump on/ off the bandwagon: Roosters, Bulldogs, non-Victorian Storm fans

T-Boon

Coach
Every team has its' one-eyed lunatics and people you'd like to see go home in a police wagon. But over the years you tend to notice some supporter groups have things in common-

Most likely to carry on like arrogant pricks when they're winning: Manly, Brisbane

Most likely to swear by Holdens/ Fords, drink VB/ New and pump Acca Dacca/ Chisel/ Oils 24/7, regardless of how much coin they earn: Knights, Tigers, Panthers

Biggest ferals (of the houso variety): Souths, Tigers

Biggest ferals (of the rum-pig, country-bumpkin variety): Raiders

Most likely to wear a flag cape on January 26th: Sharks, Manly, Cowboys

Biggest piss-heads: Souths, Raiders, Cowboys

Most likely to jump on/ off the bandwagon: Roosters, Bulldogs, non-Victorian Storm fans

Most likely to have a great view of the game: Eels

Grapple

Bench
I haven't read the thread because there's only so much pride I can take in my mob before my head will explode, but though I voted Brisbane i'd change it to Storm fans if I could take back my vote.

I went to enough games at the graveyard and a few at AAMI to know and see enough. It's like 15'000 Cameron Smith's in the crowd, mostly silent (unless they're losing or they score a try) and occasionally banging a cowbell to get the crowd going. Snobs.

Though it was a bloody amazing experience watching them play at the graveyard with Inglis, Izzy and Co. Good memories.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Storm based entirely on the merkins at the 2008 grand final and the bloke who threw a box of carpenter nails at my friend and I because he was wearing an Easts jersey with on the way to central last grand final.

Silent Knight

First Grade
My dad used to deliver mining equipment from Sydney up to Mt Isa. He told me North Queensland Cowboys fans were the absolute best because he met blokes who would drive their family hundreds of kilometres just to get to a Cowboys game in Townsville. Now that's loyalty and commitment.

The whole Knights vs Raiders thing is just completely overblown on here mainly because of Skeepe. If anything, as regional teams I've always felt we should be allies as we are traditional league areas that I've felt in the past have been taken for granted by the NRL and we're not considered "glamour clubs" like Brisbane and some Sydney clubs. In saying that though I lived in Canberra for 4 years and every year I went to watch the Knights play Canberra at Bruce there was always some drunken yobbo who would yell at me "piss off back to Drugcastle." I told them I lived there and they just said "well piss off anyway". Special.

There was also this special gap-toothed Tigers fan I once met at the Story Bridge Hotel in Kangaroo Point, Brisbane. I lived across the road from the pub so I would go in there and have a drink each weekend and watch the Knights play. He sidled up to me one time and we got to chatting about the footy. I thought he was being genuine but after a few minutes I realised he was just trying to take the piss out of me while his mates laughed in the background. I promptly told him to piss off and he then threatened to meet me out the back of the pub and bash me, saying that "my kind" wasn't welcome there. F*** him, I kept going each week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There was a rather special Tigers fan near me in the stands on Saturday.

Every second word was “f**k”.

One of the mothers with young kids turned and asked her to tone down the language. She responded with “f**kin come over here and make me merkin”.

An absolutely charming woman.
Did you get her number???

ram raid

Bench
Speaking as a neutral fan, you are all as bad as each other.

The Titans and the Warriors fans are a little bit more sedate than the rest, probably because they don't have the confidence to be bastards.

Reflector

Juniors
I haven't read the thread because there's only so much pride I can take in my mob before my head will explode, but though I voted Brisbane i'd change it to Storm fans if I could take back my vote.

I went to enough games at the graveyard and a few at AAMI to know and see enough. It's like 15'000 Cameron Smith's in the crowd, mostly silent (unless they're losing or they score a try) and occasionally banging a cowbell to get the crowd going. Snobs.

Though it was a bloody amazing experience watching them play at the graveyard with Inglis, Izzy and Co. Good memories.

That f**king cowbell...

There's the cap cheating, Bellamy's grubby tactics and a roster that's read like a Who's Who of 'Most Hated Players 2000- 2020'- but that cowbell is the cherry on top of a festering pile of shit.