What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Fangs

Coach
Old mate David Simmons at the cafe this morning.

No I won't take a photo. I'm not the paparazzi.

The Realist

Juniors
Old mate David Simmons at the cafe this morning.

No I won't take a photo. I'm not the paparazzi.

I saw him at the game against the Titans with his wife. Sat 2 rows back directly behind me. I sat with the family of Brian To'o directly to the side and behind me.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I hope Latu kills it. Still annoyed that he was let go.

I liked Latu like others I thought he bled for the team. I also hope he has a great game too.

After seeing what has happened with the Titians and how the players have not owned their own performances. I am now not that keen to see Tryone back at the club. Not unless he comes at a bargain basement price.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeo is playing busted, pretty sure he's been in the no-contact bib at training for a few weeks now. I reckon had Marto not gone down injured we would have seen Yeo be rested right about now. But we're a bit light on quality backrowers, so here we are.

I think both Winter and Yeo have been worth their weight in gold. Yeo is busted but still each week does more than his bit for the team. I realised when in the centre's he's quicker than I thought he was too.

Both players are very good clubmen.

BxTom

Bench
I liked Latu like others I thought he bled for the team. I also hope he has a great game too.

After seeing what has happened with the Titians and how the players have not owned their own performances. I am now not that keen to see Tryone back at the club. Not unless he comes at a bargain basement price.
I tend to think that Luai has a similar running style to Peachey. Main differences are that Luai passes the ball and is a better defender. Be a waste of cap to get Peachey back.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I tend to think that Luai has a similar running style to Peachey. Main differences are that Luai passes the ball and is a better defender. Be a waste of cap to get Peachey back.
Depends if Jimmy's leaving leaving this year. If he is Laui slots into the halves and Peachey can take his old spot as bench utility. Not saying it's a good buy but for the right money it makes sense.

Pomoz

Bench
If they are paying him that to play Qld Cup, plus Peachey, plus Bryce, plus Taylor, it's no surprise at all they are running last.
All of those players have been touted as superstars at one time or another. On paper at least, the Titans could be a gun side.

Bryce hurts the most. I thought he would be a Panther's great and lead our club to a premiership. I only hope he can improve and use all of his undoubted talent.

Fangs

Coach
Moyza is 28 now. Should be in his prime. He has had a very disappointing year.

The end of this year and next are big for him. He hasn't played rep football since 2016 (I don't count City v Country). He is the kind of player that would take our side to the next level if he even played to half his potential. Cronulla purchased him expecting to get a better deal than with Maloney. Jury is again out on that one.

Cronulla have a stacked roster, no doubt they will move on some of their 'stars' by years end. Guys like Moyza and Johnson might be first to go if he is not careful.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bryce hurts the most. I thought he would be a Panther's great and lead our club to a premiership. I only hope he can improve and use all of his undoubted talent.

I think we all thought Bryce was going to be something special.

I think the fact he came through the juniors where he simply wasn’t required to do any of the hard stuff or basically do any work in defence has actually hurt him big time.

Depending on who the new Titans coach is Bryce could very well be looking for a new club although I’m not sure there would be any NRL clubs out there willing to take him.

Watched a bit of him this year and he offers very, very little. Was guilty again on the weekend of a really poor lack of effort in defence which led directly to a Storm try.

He is just soft and unfortunately I don’t see this improving. His days in the NRL are numbered.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think we all thought Bryce was going to be something special.

I think the fact he came through the juniors where he simply wasn’t required to do any of the hard stuff or basically do any work in defence has actually hurt him big time.

Depending on who the new Titans coach is Bryce could very well be looking for a new club although I’m not sure there would be any NRL clubs out there willing to take him.

Watched a bit of him this year and he offers very, very little. Was guilty again on the weekend of a really poor lack of effort in defence which led directly to a Storm try.

He is just soft and unfortunately I don’t see this improving. His days in the NRL are numbered.
Love to see Bellyache or Wayne take a punt on him (well for his sake, id f**king hate him playing well for those clubs)

betcats

Referee
Bryce is on the Dave Taylor level of waste of talent. Two guys who could’ve been anything but never learned to do the hard yards.