What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the worst fanbase?

Which team has the worst fanbase?

• Broncos

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Dragons

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Eels

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Knights

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rabbitohs

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Raiders

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Sea Eagles

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sharks

Votes: 31 23.8%

• Total voters

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Generalzod, I have a big soft spot for the Sharkies for several reasons.

Firstly, Rick Bourke was a teacher at my high school in 1975. Secondly, I was mates with Steve Rogers and especially Gary Stares. Sadly all three have passed on.

But that period of the Sharkies history have some very dark secrets which I won't divulge for legal reasons.

On a good note, I surfed Cronulla Point, Voodoo, Shark Island, Kurnell Point, etc, to the extent that I almost reached pro status until I moved to the pristine waters of Jervis Bay in 1992.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sharks fans are generally well natured but drop the team quicker then anything as soon as they turn shit. A guy at my work is apparently the worlds biggest Sharks fan, goes to all the games etc yet 5 years ago had no idea who Paul Gallen was

Never heard of the f**ker?

ram raid

Bench
I'll go back to time I did a 6 month stint working on a project bid in Brisbane and worked in the cbd. Decided last minute walking out the door Friday that I'll go to the footy. Souffs were away at suncorp. Was still pretty early so figured the Caxton would be the place to be for an hour or two.

Over 100 of the borrow that travelled up thought the same thing and found myself completely surrounded by the very last dreds of society. This was the most horrific looking group of people you be around without ending up being dinner. There was no-one, male or female above a 2/10, they stank and of you somehow mixed Meth into the plot of the Walking Dead this would have been the opening scene. There would have not have been an ashtray left not stolen in the entire premises.

One of the most horrendous experiences I've ever had. So yeah, i vote souffs.

Cool story bro. Given your post history, there's a rank outside chance that your experiment was susceptible to confirmation bias, or worse.

Generalzod

Immortal
Generalzod, I have a big soft spot for the Sharkies for several reasons.

Firstly, Rick Bourke was a teacher at my high school in 1975. Secondly, I was mates with Steve Rogers and especially Gary Stares. Sadly all three have passed on.

But that period of the Sharkies history have some very dark secrets which I won't divulge for legal reasons.

On a good note, I surfed Cronulla Point, Voodoo, Shark Island, Kurnell Point, etc, to the extent that I almost reached pro status until I moved to the pristine waters of Jervis Bay in 1992.
I’m not a surfer I have gone to Kurnell the waves there are huge, anyway Cronulla and Manly was the first Grand Final I saw as a kid, i could have followed Manly but I chose to follow the Sharks I like the colours

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Cool story bro. Given your post history, there's a rank outside chance that your experiment was susceptible to confirmation bias, or worse.
Nah I really didn't need to add anything to this one to make it more entertaining. Was as bad as it sounds

soc123_au

Staff member
All teams (including mine) have their share of f**kwit supporters, but I think the majority from all teams are pretty good.

Souths fans in my experience are the most feral based on numbers, but for the most part pretty harmless.

Worst experience though was a few Raiders fans in 82 or 83. I would have been 11 or 12 & it was the first game I'd been to where Penrith actually gave the other team a good touch up. I went to the toilet under the old Panther scoreboard at full time & got flogged by 4 Raiders fans (15 or 16 year olds) because I wouldnt give them my flag. I probably gave them a bit of cheek, dont remember too much, but copped a broken nose, jaw and a shit load of bruises.

Knights fans are probably my favourite. I remember a game, maybe 98, A fleet of SId Foggs buses ferried half the population of Newcastle to Penrith. I was in the section right near where the Knights fans had invaded. It was Robbie O's first game back from the drug ban. There was a fair bit of banter pre game between both groups of fans & it looked like it might turn ugly. Once the game started things settled down. It ended up a 12 all draw and both sets of fans stood and applauded the teams off the ground. Then it was all high fives and singing Kumbayah as we left the ground.

This one I wasnt actually at the game, but leaving the easter show. Souffs were playing the Dogs at historic Homebush. It was a miserable day and had pissed down rain for most of it. I'm in a wheelchair and slipped on the wet floor trying to transfer from the wheelchair into the car. I smacked my head on the sill panel of the car and made a bit of a mess of y face. A couple of Sam Kasiano lookalikes all decked out in the doggies gear came over and picked me up, helped clean me up, calmed the Mrs & kids and got ,me safely in the car. Good blokes. I was cheering for the dogs when I got home & watched the game on TV. They won.

Smack

Coach
OP remove cowboys fans and replace them with storm, tigers for knights

dogs back in the day, but now storm. The entire club/fans are insufferable

STORM.99/07

Bench
I'll go back to time I did a 6 month stint working on a project bid in Brisbane and worked in the cbd. Decided last minute walking out the door Friday that I'll go to the footy. Souffs were away at suncorp. Was still pretty early so figured the Caxton would be the place to be for an hour or two.

Over 100 of the borrow that travelled up thought the same thing and found myself completely surrounded by the very last dreds of society. This was the most horrific looking group of people you be around without ending up being dinner. There was no-one, male or female above a 2/10, they stank and of you somehow mixed Meth into the plot of the Walking Dead this would have been the opening scene. There would have not have been an ashtray left not stolen in the entire premises.

One of the most horrendous experiences I've ever had. So yeah, i vote souffs.
100 of the borrow????

Silent Knight

First Grade
Dragons fans on LU in 2010 were the worst forum fans I've seen.

Now they're mostly miserable merkins and thus funny.

I disagree. There was great banter at the time in the lol@souffs threads and the Dragons fans here were a big part of that, especially Muzby.

Latest posts