What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Souths

hazzbeen

Bench
For me , Dufty stays , Widdop , Norman in the 6&7 , Hunt to hooker , McInnes to lock , Lomax takes Aitken's spot , Rav should have stayed after showing improvement ..... So our best chance of scoring tries Rav and Duf not there (Duf on the bench) Go Mary .....

Mickthedragon

Juniors
So ur telling me.. PEREIRA isnt on the wing, Aitken somehow keeps his position and Lomax is on the wing now? FMD i've seen it all
You and me both, the clown in charge thinks if he just keeps shuffling the deck chairs, sooner or later he'll get it right. Lomax is a proven centre over Aitken so far this year when given a decent shot at it but hasn't really looked good on the wing. But its Mary though, and Euan must be his lovechild or something.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
For me , Dufty stays , Widdop , Norman in the 6&7 , Hunt to hooker , McInnes to lock , Lomax takes Aitken's spot , Rav should have stayed after showing improvement ..... So our best chance of scoring tries Rav and Duf not there (Duf on the bench) Go Mary .....
Very disappointed for Rav hes not perfect but he's streets better than the turnstile Aitken.....Lomax should have been in the centres ...Dufty will be brought on with 5 mins to go ....but McGregor knows best Thats why we are 14th on the ladder

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
at least we know he's a real clubman, after all he's trying to get himself sacked with this shocking line up, isn't he?

... isn't he?

Reactions: Btk

redVinme

Juniors
Imagine if Mary actually fools us all. Finally . There was talk for weeks of edge defence concerns and also squad changes.Lomax is the incumbent as Aitken was on the bench. Maybe euie will get injured at training and Lomax to centre with rav to wing

rednwhites

Juniors

Don't mind this. I only worry about Norman. He needs a kick up the backside.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
OK so lets have a good look at our team list for our important game against Souths.

We have an 18yr old rookie starting on the wing who has played 8 games in CC. Actually believe it will be the highlight of the game, he V Campbell Graham.

Next we have 2 players returning from injuries after lengthy time off.

A 5/8 playing fullback

Our fullback is on the bench

2 centres who are way out of form

Our seasons highest try scorer who is 3 trys off being the competitions leading try scorer is not in the 17.

OK, I can see the logic in that.

Anyway, I hope Saab has a good game.

hazzbeen

Bench
I won’t be because we will still have the same gibberer coaching the team. Some of these selections are terrible.
Agree, but if our Supa Doopa Coach snags a win here with this team we will never hear the end of it how great he is by the board and himself ........

j0nesy

Bench
Agree, but if our Supa Doopa Coach snags a win here with this team we will never hear the end of it how great he is by the board and himself ........
Yeah and we’ll have to cop this team
Until the end of the season. The one I feel
for is Lomax. He’s been played bench forward, left centre, right centre, full back and right wing. He’s only f**king 19 and this is his first season. What a shit way to introduce a young bloke to first grade.

hazzbeen

Bench
Yeah and we’ll have to cop this team
Until the end of the season. The one I feel
for is Lomax. He’s been played bench forward, left centre, right centre, full back and right wing. He’s only f**king 19 and this is his first season. What a shit way to introduce a young bloke to first grade.
If he stays here he'll end up another Kurt Mann with no position at all ...

j0nesy

Bench
If he stays here he'll end up another Kurt Mann with no position at all ...
Very possible. Bottom line is we have poor wingers and mediocre centres.

On the wing I’d like to see Saab and Pereira (when he recovers). Pereira is an average winger but he is the best in that position out of Rav (who I think is a centre), Maranta and Pearson. Hopefully we can recruit a Rapana or Oates next season and Saab can kick on. Pereira is a very solid backup.

Lomax looks like a natural centre to me. Aitken has been not been defending well this year and has offered little more in attack. Most would agree that Lomax should be in for Aiken now and set and forget for half a season at least next year.

Lafai is a very solid defender so he holds his spot for now but if he doesn’t start to do a bit more with the football (which he is capable of) then I’d be looking at Rav as a possible replacement. I don’t think we need to recruit a centre as much as we need a winger, or a replacement for JDB at lock.