What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team has the worst fanbase?

Which team has the worst fanbase?

• Broncos

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Dragons

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • Eels

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Knights

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Rabbitohs

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Raiders

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Sea Eagles

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Sharks

Votes: 31 23.8%

• Total voters

Omott91

Juniors
I voted Dogs. Was at a knights home game as a knights fan when we lost to the Dogs. The Dogs fans who were near me were in people's faces and rubbing it right in which continued into the carpark. This annoyed me more than our loss and have disliked them ever since.

Reflector

Juniors
All teams (including mine) have their share of f**kwit supporters, but I think the majority from all teams are pretty good.

Souths fans in my experience are the most feral based on numbers, but for the most part pretty harmless.

Worst experience though was a few Raiders fans in 82 or 83. I would have been 11 or 12 & it was the first game I'd been to where Penrith actually gave the other team a good touch up. I went to the toilet under the old Panther scoreboard at full time & got flogged by 4 Raiders fans (15 or 16 year olds) because I wouldnt give them my flag. I probably gave them a bit of cheek, dont remember too much, but copped a broken nose, jaw and a shit load of bruises.

Knights fans are probably my favourite. I remember a game, maybe 98, A fleet of SId Foggs buses ferried half the population of Newcastle to Penrith. I was in the section right near where the Knights fans had invaded. It was Robbie O's first game back from the drug ban. There was a fair bit of banter pre game between both groups of fans & it looked like it might turn ugly. Once the game started things settled down. It ended up a 12 all draw and both sets of fans stood and applauded the teams off the ground. Then it was all high fives and singing Kumbayah as we left the ground.

This one I wasnt actually at the game, but leaving the easter show. Souffs were playing the Dogs at historic Homebush. It was a miserable day and had pissed down rain for most of it. I'm in a wheelchair and slipped on the wet floor trying to transfer from the wheelchair into the car. I smacked my head on the sill panel of the car and made a bit of a mess of y face. A couple of Sam Kasiano lookalikes all decked out in the doggies gear came over and picked me up, helped clean me up, calmed the Mrs & kids and got ,me safely in the car. Good blokes. I was cheering for the dogs when I got home & watched the game on TV. They won.

Must have been this game- I'm surprised a brand new team with such average results had rowdy away support like that:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nswrfl-1982/round-25/penrith-vs-canberra/summary.html

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Warriors fans at home are really nice and hospitable. Got our fair share of rowdy dickheads away in Sydney though.
I go to most of our Sydney games and I haven't experienced that tbh. It's been a pretty good atmosphere most times, few blokes get on the piss and yell shit at the refs but nothing too out of the ordinary.

Always lots of families at the Sydney games too.

If it's which opposing club's fans do I dislike the most? North Queensland. A bunch of footy hipsters with a chip on their shoulder wearing stupid hats, forever 8 or so Bundy cans deep, living in a great state but choosing to live in the shittest part of it.

Real answer: Brisbane. Mostly fairweather fans who mostly think the Broncos and QLD origin team are one and the same. Go to home games in a stadium built for atmosphere, yet can't generate any. One team town that can only get 30k to home games. Fans of Sam Thaiday.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
Funny how we see it differently.
Saints fans are generally the most arrogant and have this whacked sense of self-entitlement. I'm guessing because of the comps they won 50 years ago. Or they are just flogs. Not sure.
You don't even have to go to their stadium to witness this. Just be unfortunate enough to work with one.
Funny how we see it differently.
True Roscoe we all see it differently.
Tigpies fans at Campbelltown are the worst fans I've encountered they'd fight their Grandma's if they looked at them the wrong way.
Each set of fans has some wankers in my opinion the Tigpies have the most.
Most have big chips on their shoulders and think they are owed something. Might be the social security mentality most of them have.

M2D2

Bench
M

Mr Angry has his moments but the huge majority of Sharks posters are top blokes. Examples are Generalzod, Carchias, Taipan and Myrrh Ken.

You must be a pissed off Storm supporter.
Most of those you listed have drunk their brain cells away.
Sharks member for over 10 years.

Latest posts