What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

M2D2

Bench
Why? There will still be games in Sydney. Leichhardt, Belmore, North Sydney Oval, SCG, Bankwest, etc etc.
Just upgrade the experience for the inconvenience.
Just cann all corporate sponsors for the duration & sell corporates on a game by game basis.
The move to kogarah will fail.
You may as well fail, trying something different.
You are f**king brain dead arent you.
You literally listed EVERY single ground that would be worse than Kog and acted like its a good idea.
You know nothing about how sponsorships, memberships or corporate boxes work.
There is no "upgrade the experience for the inconvience" when every stadium you listed offers a worst experience than the shithole that is OKI.
And learn to f**king spell you dropkick.
I have been to Kogarah
It does nothing for me
I hate it ... it feels completely wrong
The locals will not want us there.
They hate us.
We hate them.
Our fans won’t go in numbers.

Bankwest.
Regionals
Inter state
NZ
PNG
FIJI
Probably win a few new fans .
Not every fan of Cronulla is as petty as you and the other drunkards on the hill.
What about - I LIKE KOGARAH PURELY BECAUSE ITS THE CLOSEST?
Its the best option by a country mile, but you are too short sighted to see it.
Taking 2 entire seasons on the road means the club wont have any income beyond governments throwing money at us to play at the grounds and the NSW government will not be throwing money at us to play country NSW.
The club has a responsibility to its members, the lifeblood of the club. Not to f**king petty people who refuse to go to Kogragh because of some bullshit ego.

Ads

First Grade
I have been to Kogarah
It does nothing for me
I hate it ... it feels completely wrong
The locals will not want us there.
They hate us.
We hate them.
Our fans won’t go in numbers.

Bankwest.
Regionals
Inter state
NZ
PNG
FIJI
Probably win a few new fans .
This. Take the show on the road to the highest bidder every fortnight. Games at bankwest against parra, tigers, panthers and dragons.

M2D2

Bench
This. Take the show on the road to the highest bidder every fortnight. Games at bankwest against parra, tigers, panthers and dragons.
Does nobody remember the fact that we had not only NZ pull the pin on a multiple year deal with taking games over there, but Adelaide as well?

carcharias

Immortal
Um
I don’t sit on the hill
I haven’t for well over 15 years.
Plus
I have been pissed at the footy maybe 4 times in about 10 years.
All in corporate boxes

carcharias

Immortal

Apparently people won’t go
If they do it is because they are short sighted

They also won’t like the brand new facilities and excellent choice of food and bars in the surrounding area to the stadium.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Haven't seen anything official about any of this at all.

What input will the NRL have in governing where the Sharks play? They will have some.

Presumably St George-Illawarra hold a lease and are permitted to market the brand. Will the Sharks be able to cover the STI branding and display their own. Will the Sharks be able to display their own sponsors logos, signs etc? Can we re badge the Taj Mahal for after the games?

Will the Sharks run buses from the current leagues club site? Free for members and a fee for non members. Will current Sharks contractors and employees run the food and merch stores?

Can Ross May be CEO?

I doubt this is done and dusted yet and it was only Slothfield that said it.

M2D2

Bench
Apparently people won’t go
If they do it is because they are short sighted

They also won’t like the brand new facilities and excellent choice of food and bars in the surrounding area to the stadium.
Bankwest will cost more in Rent than OKI will, Less Shark fans will go to Bankwest than OKI so the club will run at an even bigger loss unless more AWAY fans turn up. More people will drop their memberships with Bankwest than OKI. Club runs at a bigger loss. But ThEy HaVe BeTtEr FaCiLiTiEs.
You think the NRL is going to throw money at us to play at other grounds? Not likely.
Youd rather the club go belly up than go to Kog because you are petty.

This is a shit situation you want to make worse because you cant handle going to Kog and youve got too many f**king idiot friends of the same ilk.

carcharias

Immortal
Bankwest will cost more in Rent than OKI will, Less Shark fans will go to Bankwest than OKI so the club will run at an even bigger loss unless more AWAY fans turn up. More people will drop their memberships with Bankwest than OKI. Club runs at a bigger loss. But ThEy HaVe BeTtEr FaCiLiTiEs.
You think the NRL is going to throw money at us to play at other grounds? Not likely.
Youd rather the club go belly up than go to Kog because you are petty.

This is a shit situation you want to make worse because you cant handle going to Kog and youve got too many f**king idiot friends of the same ilk.

Haha
Don’t f**king cry .

Geeze
My friends are idiots?
I’m a petty drunk on the hill?

You can still go to Kogarah.
I can still call it a shithole.

M2D2

Bench
Haha
Don’t f**king cry .

Geeze
My friends are idiots?
I’m a petty drunk on the hill?

You can still go to Kogarah.
I can still call it a shithole.
It is a Shithole. A shithole i hated going to as a kid every 2nd week with my idiot dragon loving mates. But if i can swallow that and support my club, you can too.

carcharias

Immortal
It is a Shithole. A shithole i hated going to as a kid every 2nd week with my idiot dragon loving mates. But if i can swallow that and support my club, you can too.

I actually suggested double headers with the other teams that are looking for a ground.
2 games Frid , Sat and Sunday .
It is not an unrealistic idea

Even a triple header on a sun
2-4-6 pm
Maybe a nsw v qld thing
Eg sharks v cowboys
Dogs v Titans
Rabbits v Broncos

f**king beat the shit out of going to Kogarah.

M2D2

Bench
I actually suggested double headers with the other teams that are looking for a ground.
2 games Frid , Sat and Sunday .
It is not an unrealistic idea

Even a triple header on a sun
2-4-6 pm
Maybe a nsw v qld thing
Eg sharks v cowboys
Dogs v Titans
Rabbits v Broncos

f**king beat the shit out of going to Kogarah.
It kinda is because it requires the NRL to pay for it. They wont do that.
It also closes the door on memberships. Why would we do that?
Do you even think logistics before you throw an opinion out there?
Do any of you?

carcharias

Immortal
It kinda is because it requires the NRL to pay for it. They wont do that.
It also closes the door on memberships. Why would we do that?
Do you even think logistics before you throw an opinion out there?
Do any of you?

Well it’s a unique situation where 3 teams are looking for a ground to play over the next two years.

But anyway why would anyone want to be part of a few 2 and 3 game days in a brand new stadium.?

taipan

Referee
I accept Kogarah(even though it be like going to the dentist,) if it means we get back to Shark Park a couple of years later, to a brand new leagues club, no Fifita or Prior, and a team of young uns prepared to give their all.
I'll bet my left one, if we are in the top four in the next couple of years,Shark's supporters will get there.

You can have the best stadium ,but if your team is playing like busteds,
how many bother?
The club has a better chance of retaining their local sponsors than they would playing at the SCG ,a better chance of retaining at least decent % of their membership numbers, and maybe a change of venue might do something to instil confidence in the team, just saying.

M2D2

Bench
Well it’s a unique situation where 3 teams are looking for a ground to play over the next two years.

But anyway why would anyone want to be part of a few 2 and 3 game days in a brand new stadium.?
The NRL would still not pay for that, you do realise that with double or Triple headers you cant do ticketed memberships for it. Which would mean either We would not being able to do memberships for the that game or not only that We dont and the OTHER home teams miss that game being included in their membership as well.
I know you dont care about memberships, but other people do, and the clubs sure do.

carcharias

Immortal
The NRL would still not pay for that, you do realise that with double or Triple headers you cant do ticketed memberships for it. Which would mean either We would not being able to do memberships for the that game or not only that We dont and the OTHER home teams miss that game being included in their membership as well.
I know you dont care about memberships, but other people do, and the clubs sure do.

Didn’t seem to stop them doing magic round in Brisbane.

But ey
You’re always over it.

Club can sell 5/6 game membership packages at Kogarah and a 1 or 2 game at other regional/interstate grounds.

Sounds good Craig but I’m sure not practical.

Reason being I’m sure we have to provide at least 10 games at one venue for our corporate sponsors. They’re not going to do the Leyland Brothers tour of Australia for their sponsorship.

M2D2

Bench
Didn’t seem to stop them doing magic round in Brisbane.

But ey
You’re always over it.
No ticketed membership to any club had tickets to Magic Round. It was paid for by the QLD Government.
The NSW government is not going to pay for us to play at Bankwest.
No one would be dropping a big load of cash at the leagues club to play at Bankwest.
THE CLUB would have to pay to play at bankwest.
You dumb f**k.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I think i have sorted 1 of our home games next year, Suncorp, with magic round probably be our turn for it to be a home game for us, that leaves 11 now

carcharias

Immortal
No ticketed membership to any club had tickets to Magic Round. It was paid for by the QLD Government.
The NSW government is not going to pay for us to play at Bankwest.
No one would be dropping a big load of cash at the leagues club to play at Bankwest.
THE CLUB would have to pay to play at bankwest.
You dumb f**k.

What’s the cost?

C’mon
You reckon you know
You’re calling me a dumb f**k

Links please

M2D2

Bench
What’s the cost?

C’mon
You reckon you know
You’re calling me a dumb f**k

Links please
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-keen-to-poach-magic-round-from-queensland-20190509-p51ls5.html
The Queensland Government spent an estimated $2.1 million a year to stage the four-day festival of football in Brisbane for 2019 and 2020, with the NRL having the option to keep it there for a further two years.

Or if you meant Parramatta stadium
There are no figures, but it took Parra longer than expected to agree to the rental fees as they deemed they were too much.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/st...-s-move-into-new-stadium-20181016-p509xj.html
So when Parra is being made to pay rent that even that club with its Parra Leagues club money can afford seems extravagant. What shot do we have when we cant have ticketed members there at recouping that money in rent.

Latest posts