What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
If it's 300k for a back up half/utility id look at Blake Austin. 28, experienced and not as injury prone as Reynolds.

I know that's not really your point but the Josh Reynolds situation has me thinking: what club would would sign him? He and Foran are just way too injury prone to justify even that amount of money.

I wish. I rate Austin but I don't see him coming back.

Both are good players when fit. All comeback to value for money if you can get them on a team friendly price then why not? Comesback to how much are their current clubs willing to pay

Fangs

Coach
Money better in England. He will win that stupid man of steel award every year and is a chance to earn rep honours. Plenty of reasons to stay.

One big reason to leave: England is a dreary shitstain of a place. Jimmy was smart enough to go to France.

franklin2323

Immortal
Money better in England. He will win that stupid man of steel award every year and is a chance to earn rep honours. Plenty of reasons to stay.

One big reason to leave: England is a dreary shitstain of a place. Jimmy was smart enough to go to France.

Austin is going to play for the poms but only so many Marquee spots to go around.

Fangs

Coach
Why would you let Maloney leave a year early, only to sign an inferior replacement?

Salary cap would be the only reason. He is a greatly inferior replacement, I wouldn't even call him a replacement really.

Not a Reynolds hater, but 300k is literally double what I'd pay. At the right price he is okay in a teams top 30. He won't be in our top 17, and if we are lucky he will be fit when we need him to be (e.g. rep season).

Cronulla would sign him on a dirt cheap deal and probably get a lot out of him.

betcats

Referee
I'd take a heavily discounted Reynolds in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't sign Reynolds as a replacement for Maloney, or even as a starter but I would sign him if the tigers are paying 2/3s or more. His attitude off the field is great, exactly what you want out of a player and he provides experience and depth in a couple of key positions. Next year Cleary and Luai will be the oldest halves on the books, CLeary will play origin likely, what happened if one of them is out for half a season? We are relying on Burton or Blore....

It’s weird that Reynolds isn’t on the tigers bench, I would’ve thought he’s a good option for 14?

He’s got 2 years left, so if the tigers were prepared to pay a decent amount of his salary, he’d be a good option.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I remember it, he played a very good final stint, outlasting the rest of the forwards. Ok, so he was for one game the best prop at Penrith, and a handbrake on momentum in the middle of the park the rest of the time, and now almost certainly the worst contract we have. Getting him off our books would be the single biggest step forward we could make.
It was the games leading into the finals he was playing carrying our pack, like I said the back end of the year. And he didn't just he played longer than the other forwards. He was lead leading line speed, kick pressure and ran the hardest, was putting on the most big hits. Tamou was plodding, Merrin was terrible that year, Fish was good for his age but hadn't come into his own. He was the only front rower playing near that quality. If he hits that form with guys like Tamou and Fish to support him it'll make a world of difference.

Kilkenny

Coach
We need additional depth in the front row. I know we have Lenui coming thru and Jack Hetherington is still at the club but for a modest outlay I would be looking at someone like Daniel Alvaro from the Eels. There player of the year in 2018. Will turn 27 during 2020 and is generally when front rowers are at there peak. He is off contract at the Eels and may find it difficult to get a new deal given they have little money to play with. For mine he is the ideal type of player we should be looking at.

franklin2323

Immortal
We need additional depth in the front row. I know we have Lenui coming thru and Jack Hetherington is still at the club but for a modest outlay I would be looking at someone like Daniel Alvaro from the Eels. There player of the year in 2018. Will turn 27 during 2020 and is generally when front rowers are at there peak. He is off contract at the Eels and may find it difficult to get a new deal given they have little money to play with. For mine he is the ideal type of player we should be looking at.

We need depth in almost every position. That should be the plan going forward

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s weird that Reynolds isn’t on the tigers bench, I would’ve thought he’s a good option for 14?

He’s got 2 years left, so if the tigers were prepared to pay a decent amount of his salary, he’d be a good option.

Stuck in the situation we are with Luai. Need to get Liddle gametime for taking over hooker. Any of the Canberra 3 halves too

betcats

Referee
The tigers are headed toward a big problem in 2021 IMO, possibly earlier. Robbie and Benji are playing well but you don't want to be a bottom 8 side with half your spine on the wrng side of 35.

franklin2323

Immortal
The tigers are headed toward a big problem in 2021 IMO, possibly earlier. Robbie and Benji are playing well but you don't want to be a bottom 8 side with half your spine on the wrng side of 35.

And lost their best juniors like Papenhuyzen. Atleast we seem to be too young which is a better problem

Status
Not open for further replies.